Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharia law law of the Land in Michigan town.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
    The same can be said for any religion.
    Please quote where I mentioned a specific religion.

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

About the meals, what's different between the muslims having a halal meal and the jewish people requiring kosher meals? Don't you think people should be able to eat without violating their religious beliefs? Especially when the person implementing the policy is explicitly anti-Islam and states it will cost the state no additional funds?"
      How many Jews are in Dallas jails clamoring for Kosher meals? Why are we pandering to one specific religious group? If you want to practice your religion don't break the law and go to jail, seems pretty simple to me. Jail should offer zero creature comforts other than what's required by law.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
        How many Jews are in Dallas jails clamoring for Kosher meals?
        I don't know. Ask the guy that brought it up.

Why are we pandering to one specific religious group?
        We aren't.

If you want to practice your religion don't break the law and go to jail, seems pretty simple to me. Jail should offer zero creature comforts other than what's required by law.
        Personally, I'd call any religious belief a punishment. For the sake of argument let's say you're a devout christian. Would you be willing to accept the jailers telling you that you couldn't read your bible, or pray, or worship for 5-10-20 years? If you can't tell, I hate religions with a passion, but I would never deprive someone of the right to believe in whatever sky fairy they wish. I don't have an issue with these special religion-friendly meals because they aren't giving muslims or jews something not afforded to other groups, and it doesn't cost more than a regular meal. So, with all other things being equal, why would you tell them no?

Comment

I don't have an issue with these special religion-friendly meals because they aren't giving muslims or jews something not afforded to other groups, and it doesn't cost more than a regular meal. So, with all other things being equal, why would you tell them no?
          Quran 5:5
          Made lawful to you this day are all kinds of Halal (lawful) foods, which Allah has made lawful (meat of slaughtered eatable animals, etc., milk products, fats, vegetables and fruits, etc.). The food (slaughtered cattle, eatable animals, etc.) of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) is lawful to you and yours is lawful to them.

There is no religious requirement in Islam for Muslims to adhere to special dietary restrictions outside of those outlined in Scripture for Christians and/or Jews, thus there should be no reason for Muslims to expect their jailers to provide special meals specifically for them.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
            Quran 5:5
            Made lawful to you this day are all kinds of Halal (lawful) foods, which Allah has made lawful (meat of slaughtered eatable animals, etc., milk products, fats, vegetables and fruits, etc.). The food (slaughtered cattle, eatable animals, etc.) of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) is lawful to you and yours is lawful to them.

There is no religious requirement in Islam for Muslims to adhere to special dietary restrictions outside of those outlined in Scripture for Christians and/or Jews, thus there should be no reason for Muslims to expect their jailers to provide special meals specifically for them.
            Jalal and Kosher are basically interchangeable. No pork, you can't mix dairy with meat, etc... There is no reason to specifically offer food as Jalal unless you are pandering to a religious group.

Comment

Working...
            X