Texas passes Voter ID bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cannonball996 View Post
    so you now have to purchase an ID to vote? I guess if you want to keep homeless people from voting its a good idea. I guess paying the minimum $25 for a state ID is not that bad, its just the thought of most texans having their voting rights now in the hands of the DPS that really scares me
    CAN YOU NOT READ....?

" noted that it will allow Texans to get a state ID card for free from the Department of Public Safety."
    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Shit, the goobement is always giving away the shit for free.

Comment

Originally posted by noshine4mine View Post
        Do you not have a DL?

Again, I hope your lack of reading has not put you in the position to look like a fool. The new ID is for the people that can't afford it, but is only one form out of like 6 different forms you may present.

side note....

The student IDs is hilarious....because there is no way an illegal can get one of those....it's cool nothing to see here.

Democrats....holding down the middle class one illegal at a time

I went to college with plenty of non-citizens that got school ID's. They were here legally... but they were NOT citizens.

legal /= citizen always
        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
          I went to college with plenty of non-citizens that got school ID's. They were here legally... but they were NOT citizens.

legal /= citizen always
          Tru and a good additional reason to not include Student IDs.

BTW I was joking... I don't know if that came across in the first post.
          Last edited by noshine4mine; 01-27-2011, 04:50 PM.

Comment

I dont like it because its clearly unconstitutional in that it violates the 15th amendment and voting rights act of 1965. both state that as long as you are an American citizen you have the right to vote and there can be no other other requirements.

the state can not require US citizens to purchase an ID in order to keep their right to vote.
            I thought it was state law to have on your person a state issued or government id at all times?

Comment

A step in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                Student ID's as identification were rejected in the bill.
                Sweet! I was regurgitating spewed crap from the board.

Comment

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
                  Sweet! I was regurgitating spewed crap from the board.
                  Did you regurgitate said spewed crap from the board because you subconciously wished it were true?

Comment

I guess if you want to keep homeless people from voting its a good idea.
                    What do they need to vote for? More handouts?
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

cannonfodder needs to go back to school, learn to read and get a student id so he can't vote.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                        Include student ID's.....gotta love those stupid Democrats.
                        Its like their mission in life to propose the most retarded shit they can come up with. I can see right through their little agenda on that one. Student ID's are much more easily faked than a driver's license. Gotta get them illegals' votes. Course now that won't be happening lol

so you now have to purchase an ID to vote? I guess if you want to keep homeless people from voting its a good idea. I guess paying the minimum $25 for a state ID is not that bad, its just the thought of most texans having their voting rights now in the hands of the DPS that really scares me
                        You oppose every effort to make people abide by the law don't you? I bet you don't like it that this makes it harder for illegals to vote democrat don't you? And just FYI, you can get a simple state issued ID card for free if you can not afford one. And back when we were all arguing about Okenyancare, you were the one defending the DPS as well as the post office. You were saying what a good job they all do. Not surprised to see you completely change your tune as it suits you though. Just like the people that represent you in government.

Comment

Originally posted by thesource View Post
                          I thought it was state law to have on your person a state issued or government id at all times?
                          It is, they can take you to jail (or detain you as the police like to call it) if you do not have it until they can evaluate your identity. Been there, and done that, at age 16.

Stevo
                          Originally posted by SSMAN
                          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

It's a good step in the right direction.

Comment

I dont like it because its clearly unconstitutional in that it violates the 15th amendment and voting rights act of 1965. both state that as long as you are an American citizen you have the right to vote and there can be no other other requirements.
                              Nothing about this bill is Unconstitutional. Requiring people to prove you are an American citizen, is not Unconstitutional.

Funny how you use the Constitution when it suits your need, but your entire party shits all over the Constitution with damn near every piece of legislation they present.
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Pick and chose what part of it you need, that's the commie creed. What's really pathetic is when the week before, they hated that part of the constitution. But the week after, they need it for something. Or vice versa. You can just watch them eat their own words and act as though they never even spoke the opposite, 3 days ago. I really can't imagine the stupidity it must take to follow that party. Must be genetic or something. Cause you gotta be dumb. I mean real damn dumb.

Comment

Working...
                                X