Tesla to Texas: How Do You Like Us Now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
    There is as much chance of that factory going to east Texas as there is chance of me becoming the next Pope.
    Getting your bid ready for the papalcy, Pope Johnny?

Comment

• I'd vote for Pope Johnny I
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

There is as much chance of that factory going to east Texas as there is chance of me becoming the next Pope.
        Who knows if it will or not, all I can say is I got that from a friend that is pretty high up in those things. Tesla ( should they build the factory ) has the final say in what state.... and what location in said state they select to build in.

But for posterity sake, I`ll save your post, and should it indeed in fact be built out there, I`ll put it in my siggy line and give you full credit for it of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
          California is no longer under consideration for the factory.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...in-california/
          It doesnt suprise me seeing the key to producing an affordable electric car/truck for the masses is to lower labor costs to the absolute lowest you can get away with ( and still keep your plant staffed without high turnover ) and cut out the middle men on the batteries.

I`d say unless another state offers more than Texas, you`ll see them in Deep East Texas paying around $10 an hour to start in the next few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lajntx View Post
            Who knows if it will or not, all I can say is I got that from a friend that is pretty high up in those things. Tesla ( should they build the factory ) has the final say in what state.... and what location in said state they select to build in.

But for posterity sake, I`ll save your post, and should it indeed in fact be built out there, I`ll put it in my siggy line and give you full credit for it of course.

I have two guys in my office that know Elon Musk personally. Everybody stand back while I swing my dick around on the fucking internet and try to look important. Point being, you don't have a clue what you are talking about.
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I have two guys in my office that know Elon Musk personally. Everybody stand back while I swing my dick around on the fucking internet and try to look important. Point being, you don't have a clue what you are talking about.
              I'm wearing Jovan Musk. Does that count for anything? Prolly build it in Diboll

God bless.
              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

• Are they going to announce it soon or is this like a 5yr goal?

Comment

I`ll save that one too for posterity should indeed that plant go in somewhere around east *cough* *cough* *carthage area * *cough* *cough* texas.

But like I said earlier.... Tesla as a company has the final say in what state & city they chose to locate to.

I`m sure whatever locale that turns out to be that the local walmart & fast food joints will be happy about the new paying customers they will have which will somehow in local conversations be a talking point on how "conservative economic theory" really works........ but they`ll blame Obama because now NOBODY in that area will work for $7.25 hr for them anymore.

PS... And they`ll still only pay $7.25 an hour when there is only 3 employees left and a mile long of p*ssed off customers at the register

Comment

• Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                    Are they going to announce it soon or is this like a 5yr goal?
                    It`s more of a goal because they`ll have to have the battery ( and the production process ) perfected before they can mass produce it. The battery factory obviously will have to be online first in order to support the production line of the $35K car and truck lines.

My best guess is you`ll see a site selected in the next 6-9 months, another 9-12 months to get it built and started with a small crew to build batteries for the cars they are producing now. In the background the new facility to build the lower cost cars & trucks will be going through process, while the battery factory is expanded and brought up to full production capacity in time to support the new lines.

Current goals are:
                    35K car in 3 years ( 2017 ) 2018 model year?
                    Initial truck Line in 5 years ( 2019 ) 2020 model year?

If you will look up recharging facilities locations goals by year, then those goals seem to be in line with it.

Edit:

I couldnt find the one that was showing post 2020 projections, but this one gives you a good starting point for the immediate future

Last edited by Lajntx; 03-10-2014, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                      I'm wearing Jovan Musk. Does that count for anything? Prolly build it in Diboll

God bless.

Is your name Billy Dee Williams?

( video does not want to embed - just click the link )

The issue with Diboll is where are those 2000-5000 production workers going to come from as the facility opens with a small starter crew and in theory expands to full capacity over the following 5 years?

Comment

I`ll save that one too for posterity should indeed that plant go in somewhere around east *cough* *cough* *carthage area * *cough* *cough* texas.

But like I said earlier.... Tesla as a company has the final say in what state & city they chose to locate to.

I`m sure whatever locale that turns out to be that the local walmart & fast food joints will be happy about the new paying customers they will have which will somehow in local conversations be a talking point on how "conservative economic theory" really works........ but they`ll blame Obama because now NOBODY in that area will work for $7.25 hr for them anymore.

PS... And they`ll still only pay $7.25 an hour when there is only 3 employees left and a mile long of p*ssed off customers at the register
                        It is really starting to sound like you are bitter about working for $7.25 an hour. Maybe you will get moved up to the fryer next and then on to assistant manager, I hear that is when the big money starts rolling in.
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

• Coming to america quote worked in there.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

It is really starting to sound like you are bitter about working for $7.25 an hour. Maybe you will get moved up to the fryer next and then on to assistant manager, I hear that is when the big money starts rolling in.
                            If I woke up tomorrow and my boss demoted me to that, then I`d look him in the eye and tell him......

" Sure, I have a work ethic and within 2 years I`ll either be promoted up due to managing the best P&L numbers in the system..... Or I`ll quit and form my own business and put yours out within that time. "

However that ( just like your last wet dream ) will never happen.

I worked in pizza places when I was a teenager and in college. Even after college I still did delivery because it was an easy way to make a couple hundred in quick cash on the side without working hard. Higher gas prices ended that though.

You on the otherhand, I dont know if you would be motivated enough to come off that fryer and move up to the big bucks because that might mean you might have to make use of other thinly veiled sarcastic comments from the movie "Coming to America"

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                              Coming to america quote worked in there.
                              Beat me too it

Comment

If I woke up tomorrow and my boss demoted me to that, then I`d look him in the eye and tell him......

" Sure, I have a work ethic and within 2 years I`ll either be promoted up due to managing the best P&L numbers in the system..... Or I`ll quit and form my own business and put yours out within that time. "

However that ( just like your last wet dream ) will never happen.

I worked in pizza places when I was a teenager and in college. Even after college I still did delivery because it was an easy way to make a couple hundred in quick cash on the side without working hard. Higher gas prices ended that though.

You on the otherhand, I dont know if you would be motivated enough to come off that fryer and move up to the big bucks because that might mean you might have to make use of other thinly veiled sarcastic comments from the movie "Coming to America"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKYl6y8qGqw
                                Thanks for the life story, bro. Just FYI, no one here really gives a shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X