Tesla to Texas: How Do You Like Us Now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
    I'm wearing Jovan Musk. Does that count for anything?
    uhh, it counts for a lot

baller ref
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by Lajntx View Post
      If I woke up tomorrow and my boss demoted me to that, then I`d look him in the eye and tell him......

" Sure, I have a work ethic and within 2 years I`ll either be promoted up due to managing the best P&L numbers in the system..... Or I`ll quit and form my own business and put yours out within that time. "

However that ( just like your last wet dream ) will never happen.

I worked in pizza places when I was a teenager and in college. Even after college I still did delivery because it was an easy way to make a couple hundred in quick cash on the side without working hard. Higher gas prices ended that though.

You on the otherhand, I dont know if you would be motivated enough to come off that fryer and move up to the big bucks because that might mean you might have to make use of other thinly veiled sarcastic comments from the movie "Coming to America"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKYl6y8qGqw

Oh sick novel of a burn, bro.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lajntx View Post
        If I woke up tomorrow and my boss demoted me to that, then I`d look him in the eye and tell him......

" Sure, I have a work ethic and within 2 years I`ll either be promoted up due to managing the best P&L numbers in the system..... Or I`ll quit and form my own business and put yours out within that time. "

However that ( just like your last wet dream ) will never happen.

I worked in pizza places when I was a teenager and in college. Even after college I still did delivery because it was an easy way to make a couple hundred in quick cash on the side without working hard. Higher gas prices ended that though.

You on the otherhand, I dont know if you would be motivated enough to come off that fryer and move up to the big bucks because that might mean you might have to make use of other thinly veiled sarcastic comments from the movie "Coming to America"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKYl6y8qGqw
        Do you enjoy making those on the left look like idiots?

Comment

• New Jersey Becomes Third State To Ban Tesla’s Direct Sales Model

Just saw this:

Today the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission passed a rule that will end Tesla's direct sales of cars to consumers. Tesla, a manufacturer of all-electric cars, does not lean on dealerships to sell its vehicles as other car companies do.

New Jersey Becomes Third State To Ban Tesla’s Direct Sales Model

Today the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission passed a rule that will end Tesla’s direct sales of cars to consumers. Tesla, a manufacturer of all-electric cars, does not lean on dealerships to sell its vehicles as other car companies do.

The rule goes into effect in April.

New Jersey is the third state to ban the practice of selling cars directly to consumers, joining Arizona and Texas in preventing their residents from easily buying a more environmentally friendly ride. The New Jersey Coalition of Automotive Retailers was in favor of the rule change, unsurprisingly.

Tesla is furious, claiming in a blog post released today — in advance of the meeting in which the rule change was enacted (which Tesla was informed of yesterday) — that Governor Chris Christie’s administration had “gone back on its word to delay a proposed anti-Tesla regulation so that the matter could be handled through a fair process in the Legislature.”

The company also alleged that New Jersey had been sitting on the “renewal of [its] current dealer licenses without indication of the cause of the delay.” Given that delay, and the quick change in the wind from a legislative discussion to a squashing of its model, it appears that Tesla has just run face-first into New Jersey politics.

Tesla’s shares slipped 1.85% in regular trading.

New Jersey residents can still buy Teslas, but will likely have to leave the state to do so, which is a burden. Tesla is looking to expand its manufacturing processes this year, to allow it to sell more of its Model S sedans. However, if more states follow in the footsteps of New Jersey et al., the company could have to scale back its growth plans.

I don’t doubt that moves to block Tesla sales are merely short-term pauses — raise your hand if you actually think that local dealer groups can hold back the tide of change. But they are setbacks to a company that operates on a quarterly, and not half-decade, reporting cycle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            Thanks for the life story, bro. Just FYI, no one here really gives a shit.
            I second that opinion.

Comment

• Christie needs campaign money.

Comment

• You can't even pump your own gas in NJ, you have to rely on attendants to do that. Of course you can't buy your own car without a dealer.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  You can't even pump your own gas in NJ, you have to rely on attendants to do that. Of course you can't buy your own car without a dealer.
                  Oregon too:

...Jason lives in New Jersey, where the state legislature decided in 1949 that "because of the fire hazards directly associated with dispensing fuel, it is in the public interest that gasoline station operators have the control needed over that activity to ensure compliance with appropriate safety procedures."

Higgins lives in Oregon, where a similar law was passed in 1951, supported by a whopping 17 declarations rationalizing the prohibition of "any person other than the owner, operator or employee [of a dispensary where class 1 flammable liquids are dispensed at retail]" from using "pump, hose, pipe or other device for dispensing the liquids into the fuel tank of a motor vehicle or other retail container." Violating this law would get Higgins slapped with a $500 fine.

In plain English: New Jersey and Oregon don't trust people to not blow themselves up while pumping gas, and would rather leave the job to professionals (gas station attendants), who undergo rigorous training where they learn that it's bad to smoke while pumping gas, bad to leave the car running, and bad to put gas anywhere except a car's fuel tank or other approved containers...

Comment

You can't even pump your own gas in NJ, you have to rely on attendants to do that. Of course you can't buy your own car without a dealer.
                    Union attendants of course.

Comment

• Can someone explain to my why it's bad to leave your car running while you're pumping gas?
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Can someone explain to my why it's bad to leave your car running while you're pumping gas?
                        The evap system is designed to function when the engine is running. Depending on the vehicle the tank may either be pressurized or have a vacuum on it. That and there is a potential for ESD (electro static discharge) and with a running engine it's way more common.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
                          The evap system is designed to function when the engine is running. Depending on the vehicle the tank may either be pressurized or have a vacuum on it. That and there is a potential for ESD (electro static discharge) and with a running engine it's way more common.
                          Seems like you wouldn't want to stir up the possible debris in the the tank while it's running too. Clog up the filter faster? IDK, just seems like that would be an issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chili View Post
                            Seems like you wouldn't want to stir up the possible debris in the the tank while it's running too. Clog up the filter faster? IDK, just seems like that would be an issue.
                            Most cars don't even have serviceable filters any more. It's the same reason they tell you not to get in and out of your car or use your cell phone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                              Thanks for the life story, bro. Just FYI, no one here really gives a shit.
                              Do you really think I care that you have an opinion?

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                                Do you enjoy making those on the left look like idiots?
                                Nice to see that you actually stop watching Fox from time to time. Why dont you join in? I`m sure we could have an actual conversation.

Now on to other news.......

Gilbert, Arizona not expecting to be in contention for Tesla facility

Other inside news from east texas...... Lignite Mines in area planning for "potential" expansion projects to be concurrent with any "potential" expansion of the Martin Lake power plants.

Since Tesla is planning for the new plant to be primarily solar and wind powered I dont think that would be a major indicator, but it`s not like there is any major population growth going on - at least on that kind of scale. All of the power that`s being produced to be transferred out of Texas is already being produced.

PR sheet on Martin Lake

Comment

Working...
                                X