Tesla to Texas: How Do You Like Us Now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lajntx View Post
    Nice to see that you actually stop watching Fox from time to time. Why dont you join in, I`m sure we could have an actual conversation.

Now on to other news.......

Gilbert, Arizona not expecting to be in contention for Tesla facility

Other inside news from east texas...... Lignite Mines in area planning for "potential" expansion projects to be concurrent with any "potential" expansion of the Martin Lake power plants.

Since Tesla is planning for the new plant to be primarily solar and wind powered I dont think that would be a major indicator, but it`s not like there is any major population growth going on - at least on that kind of scale. All of the power that`s being produced to be transferred out of Texas is already being produced.

PR sheet on Martin Lake

http://www.luminant.com/plants/pdf/MartinLake_Facts.pdf
    I notice most lefties focus on fox. Do you ever stop watching every network station? I hope we can agree that fox is the only network that isn't hard left leaning.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
      I notice most lefties focus on fox. Do you ever stop watching every network station? I hope we can agree that fox is the only network that isn't hard left leaning.
      Only MSNBS/NBC are the hard left leaning ones, but yes, we can agree that Fox has a monopoly on everthing to the right of Center and the kingpin of the "Conservative Entertainment Complex".

Whats it up too now? 350 bloggers, 26 radio talk shows, 2 dozzen web based video shows, Glenn Becks network, and Fox News all talking the same talking points they get each morning from their masters that also own Heritage and Freedom Works?

Conservatives like to live in the past, but unfortunately they still refuse to believe that it`s not 1979 anymore when it comes to news delivery and that EVERY media outlet other FOX is an east coast hard left network out to get them.

Comment

Nice to see that you actually stop watching Fox from time to time. Why dont you join in? I`m sure we could have an actual conversation.

Other inside news from east texas...... Lignite Mines in area planning for "potential" expansion projects to be concurrent with any "potential" expansion of the Martin Lake power plants.

Since Tesla is planning for the new plant to be primarily solar and wind powered I dont think that would be a major indicator, but it`s not like there is any major population growth going on - at least on that kind of scale. All of the power that`s being produced to be transferred out of Texas is already being produced.

PR sheet on Martin Lake

Jesus fucking Christ. Do you pay attention to a goddamn thing anybody else says on these forums or do you only have your talking points?

Ignorant son of a bitch.

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        In the interest of fairness, fox is so far right and parroted so much that there really isn't another news agency to talk about for the right.

Comment

Do you really think I care that you have an opinion?
          Obviously you do because you keep posting.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Nice to see that you actually stop watching Fox from time to time. Why dont you join in? I`m sure we could have an actual conversation.

PR sheet on Martin Lake

Of course, if you want a location for a plant that is primarily solar and wind powered and your choice of locations is the Southwest US, East Texas is about the worst place you can put it. The wind corridor is strongest in west texas and any third grader can conclude that solar power generation is better in the desert.

Can you copy and past some more articles that you get from another site? OOOH I know! How about some more "secret info"?
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
              Fox wouldn't exist if liberals could tell the truth. The truth doesn't support the narrative though and it never will.

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                In the interest of fairness, fox is so far right and parroted so much that there really isn't another news agency to talk about for the right.
                My opinion is fox isn't that right at all. Their biggest anchor - Harvard educated, anti-gun? I think the rest of the media is so damn far left, even a centrist network appears right.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

PR sheet on Martin Lake

Q. What do you call a manufacturing plant that is primarily solar and wind powered?

A. A manufacturing plant that is incapable of actually making anything.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                    Q. What do you call a manufacturing plant that is primarily solar and wind powered?

A. A manufacturing plant that is incapable of actually making anything.
                    You're a former ME that said electric cars wouldn't work. I'm not sure anyone should take your opinions on whether or not something is possible seriously.

Comment

You're a former ME that said electric cars wouldn't work. I'm not sure anyone should take your opinions on whether or not something is possible seriously.

I never once said that they wouldn't work; I see them being driven on a daily basis and have built one and drove it myself. What more evidence of them working could I ask for?

What I actually said about them if you pulled your head out of your ass and put a little effort into your reading comprehension skills is that they will not cause less pollution or conserve power like the watermelons (green on the outside and red on the inside) would have you believe. That you believe it shows how little you know and how gullible you are.
                      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I never once said that they wouldn't work; I see them being driven on a daily basis and have built one and drove it myself. What more evidence of them working could I ask for?

What I actually said about them if you pulled your head out of your ass and put a little effort into your reading comprehension skills is that they will not cause less pollution or conserve power like the watermelons (green on the outside and red on the inside) would have you believe. That you believe it shows how little you know and how gullible you are.
                        How else is one supposed to interpret "completely insurmountable problems that will never be overcome"? I think an engineer who says things like that is a pretty shitty engineer. It is LITERALLY their job to find problems and fix them, to develop processes and materials to get a job done.

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                        If you believe blanket statements like "The Tea Party are all racist" then believing that electric cars can do what the libs believe is just what you believe. This is a religion based in pure fantasy. This sort of shit was my field of research in school and I also personally built an electric car in 1988. The engineering challenges that I faced then are the EXACT same challenges that are being faced today; they are completely insurmountable problems that will never be overcome. The libs energy policies are just political answers to an engineering problem that just "Happens" to give more power to the government.

Comment

How else is one supposed to interpret "completely insurmountable problems that will never be overcome"? I think an engineer who says things like that is a pretty shitty engineer. It is LITERALLY their job to find problems and fix them, to develop processes and materials to get a job done.
                          I meant EXACTLY what I said. There are limits to what can be done, period. Electric cars are a dead end but that will not keep folks from trying to polish a turd and for fools like yourself to keep believing that that turd doesn't stink.

Comment

I meant EXACTLY what I said.
                            Then why are you arguing with me about it? I simply reworded your statement. The meanings are the same.

There are limits to what can be done, period.
                            At a certain technology level, sure. But isn't that what engineers are for, to develop new technologies?

Electric cars are a dead end but that will not keep folks from trying to polish a turd and for fools like yourself to keep believing that that turd doesn't stink.
                            Prove it.

Are you sure you aren't a shitty engineer and were unable to even dream up a fix for the issue, regardless of the technology level at the time?

Comment

Then why are you arguing with me about it? I simply reworded your statement. The meanings are the same.

At a certain technology level, sure. But isn't that what engineers are for, to develop new technologies?

Prove it.

Are you sure you aren't a shitty engineer and were unable to even dream up a fix for the issue, regardless of the technology level at the time?

Despite what others here think about you I do not believe that you are stupid. I do believe that you lack the foundation of knowledge required to understand the reasons I say what I say about this issue. This limits are not caused by not having good enough tech. The problem is the pure limits of what any amount of tech can do. I urge you to do a little research dealing with pure science and to avoid the political spin put on this topic.

I only have to wait and the market will prove it and so far it is proving it quite we'll.

Comment

Despite what others here think about you I do not believe that you are stupid. I do believe that you lack the foundation of knowledge required to understand the reasons I say what I say about this issue. This limits are not caused by not having good enough tech. The problem is the pure limits of what any amount of tech can do. I urge you to do a little research dealing with pure science and to avoid the political spin put on this topic.

I only have to wait and the market will prove it and so far it is proving it quite we'll.
                                You said that electric cars are essentially a flash in the pan technology. I'm asking you why. I want you to convince me that you're correct and not just being a contrarian because of your past experiences with the technology.

There was a time when people thought the same about space travel that you think about electric cars. What makes your nay-saying any different than those that opposed space travel?

I'm not sure what you mean by me accepting the political spin, because for all I can tell the infrastructure issues that have plagued electric cars is being addressed in a quick manner. I don't recall ever arguing either way whether or not Tesla should be able to sell direct to customers, so I think I've pretty well ignored the political spin on the topic.

Comment

Working...
                                X