No announcement yet.

Tesla to Texas: How Do You Like Us Now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So have we solved the worlds problems yet?
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
      So have we solved the worlds problems yet?
      Not until we start exterminating stupid people. Kinda like what Poland did, but with the idiots instead of smart people.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
        This will probably be my only post from here on out in this thread because I don't really give a shit, but I have a theory that nobody in here really knows what they're talking about.
        bro, do you even project?
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by svo855 View Post
          As far as I know there is not a perpetual motion machine in existence much less one being used for drilling of any type.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            Not until we start exterminating stupid people. Kinda like what Poland did, but with the idiots instead of smart people.
            The Mayans did it to, and look how well their calendar worked.

Comment

• Interesting discussion.

I'm just an average Joe that watches what is going on around him, so this is just my opinion.

Once the battery issue is solved (and I think that it will eventually be solved, at least to a degree) AND the prices of EV's come down into the "normal" car range they will become an interesting prospect for a lot of people. There are always naysayers about any new technology, and while they sit on the side and naysay someone eventually comes along and thinks outside the box and solves the problem.

The modern crop of EVs show promise, but the numbers really don't quite add up yet for the unwashed masses, so the market for them is limited right now. It is similar to the early days in any technology - does anyone remember the early days of the PC or of the cell phone? It cost a lot to be an early adopter of those technologies, and the usefulness was limited.

A lot of people are broke and live from paycheck to paycheck. They simply don't have $70k for a car with a limited driving range. A $30k car that can be financed over 4 years might be more interesting, especially for someone with a suitable commute distance, and especially in places like I live where gas prices have just crossed over $4 a gallon again.

Yes, our infrastructure to support EVs today has issues - the grid is fragile, charging stations are not available everywhere, and so on. As EVs become more popular I think that these issues will generally get solved or reduced over time.

I also look for the costs to own an EV to change, especially road use taxes or fees as they apply especially to EV owners.

To me right now the sweet spot is still a paid for gas powered beater, but I think that EVs show a lot of promise once they solve the battery issue and bring the price down, especially for people with short commutes and high gas prices where they live.

Comment

• Somebody always says that but then, we never go
                WH

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Thought all that was an interesting read and wanted to share. I didn't read the entire pissing match of the thread, but I will say I think what Tesla is doing is certainly noteworthy and I look forward to seeing where these ripples in the system take us.

Comment

• Not gunna lie i would drive one!
                          ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• Just built one for 126k.. Never mind on wanting one lol
                            ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• Issue becomes, during a natural disaster and you lose power, you lose your vehicle as well. I can store gas cans in the workshop, extra batteries are iffy
                              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• gas deteriorates quickly... buy a diesel
                                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Working...
                                X