Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what's your prediction on Connecticut confiscations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what's your prediction on Connecticut confiscations?

Connecticut State Police Spokesman Lt. Vance sates that state police would comply with an order from the state to conduct door to door gun confiscations...

spilled blood.

Comment

Sounds like it is time to tighten down your jock strap if you live in Connecticut.

And of course the head of the state police says he is ready to do it. Because paycheck.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

It's time to make a statement.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
          It's time to make a statement.
          x2

This should be damned interesting. I hope they don't just lay down and take it.

Comment

I don't think they will do it. And if they do, I hope a lot of the officers refuse to violate the very oath they took.

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
              I don't think they will do it. And if they do, I hope a lot of the officers refuse to violate the very oath they took.
              Oh, they'll do it.

"Just following orders, sir."

I hope I'm dead wrong, but I doubt it.
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                Oh, they'll do it.

"Just following orders, sir."

I hope I'm dead wrong, but I doubt it.
                You aren't. They'll go right along just as long as they can blame someone else for it.
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                  Sounds like it is time to tighten down your jock strap if you live in Connecticut.

And of course the head of the state police says he is ready to do it. Because paycheck.
                  This. Look at how it has happened all around the world, "just following orders". I am not arrogant American enough to think that our police force will catch that blue flu you hear so much about. I also hope I am dead wrong but if I had to choose where to place my bet, it would land in the 'ugly for us' column.
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

15 February 2014

To the men and women of the Connecticut State Police and the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection:

My name is Mike Vanderboegh. Few of you will know who I am, or even will have heard of the Three Percent movement that I founded, though we have been denounced on the national stage by that paragon of moral virtue, Bill Clinton. Three Percenters are uncompromising firearm owners who have stated very plainly for years that we will obey no further encroachments on our Second Amendment rights. Some of you, if you read this carelessly, may feel that it is a threat. It is not. Three Percenters also believe that to take the first shot in a conflict over principle is to surrender the moral high ground to the enemy. We condemn so-called collateral damage and terrorism such as that represented by the Oklahoma City Bombing and the Waco massacre. We are very aware that if you seek to defeat evil it is vital not to become the evil you claim to oppose. Thus, though this letter is certainly intended to deal with an uncomfortable subject, it is not a threat to anyone. However, it is important for everyone to understand that while we promise not to take the first shot over principle, we make no such promise if attacked, whether by common criminals or by the designated representatives of a criminal government grown arrogant and tyrannical and acting out an unconstitutional agenda under color of law. If we have any model, it is that of the Founding generation. The threat to public order and safety, unfortunately, comes from the current leaders of your state government who unthinkingly determined to victimize hitherto law-abiding citizens with a tyrannical law. They are the ones who first promised violence on the part of the state if your citizens did not comply with their unconstitutional diktat. Now, having made the threat (and placed the bet that you folks of the Connecticut State Police will meekly and obediently carry it out) they can hardly complain that others take them seriously and try by every means, including this letter, to avoid conflict.
                    More at link: http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogsp...-women-of.html
                    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

^That dude sounds like a nut that can't wait for it to happen if you read the whole statement.

Going to be interesting. Don't start nothing won't be nothing.

Comment

Nothing will happen, I hope I'm wrong, but I just can't see a "movement" starting.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          ^That dude sounds like a nut that can't wait for it to happen if you read the whole statement.

Going to be interesting. Don't start nothing won't be nothing.
                          I didn't get that impression. You label him because he has the fortitude to lay it out?
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                            Nothing will happen, I hope I'm wrong, but I just can't see a "movement" starting.
                            If it does it wont gain momentum

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
                              If it does it wont gain momentum
                              It would need to be sustained continuously, to the point where cops backed down. That's a very difficult thing to pinpoint.

Comment

Working...
                              X