Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dramatic, Little Known GOP Rule Change Takes Choice Of Presidential Candidate Away...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dramatic, Little Known GOP Rule Change Takes Choice Of Presidential Candidate Away...

There’s an unspoken storm brewing in the Republican Party—a storm whose seeds were planted in the first days of the 2012 Republican National Convention.

For those who may not recall those late August days in 2012, the Republican Party arrived in Tampa dedicated to creating a seamless launch for the national presidential campaign of its standard bearer, Governor Mitt Romney, and to do all it could to insure at least the appearance of a united party as it moved toward the November election.

To make that happen, Chairman Reince Priebus—along with a number of national committee members on the Mitt Romney bandwagon—made the determination that anyone or anything associated with libertarian Ron Paul was bad news for the GOP’s chances and, as such, were to be avoided at all costs.

To meet that goal, Paul was denied an opportunity to speak at the convention unless he promised to allow the RNC to edit his speech.

But that wasn’t all. An additional condition for obtaining some recognition at the convention for Paul and his followers required that Dr. Paul be willing to publicly endorse the candidacy of Gov. Romney.

These were conditions the Texas Republican was unwilling to accept, preferring to simply see his name left out of nomination.

With Paul refusing to play ball, the RNC moved to reject Paul’s delegates from Maine and further refused to hear the challenges put forth to the slate of delegates chosen in other states that the Paul folks strenuously believed had been rigged to benefit Governor Romney. One such state was Nevada where the caucus rules were such that all 28 delegates arrived at the convention pledged to cast their nomination votes for Mitt Romney, yet, when polled, revealed that 22 of the 28 intended to cast their vote for Ron Paul.

But there was something else the Committee did to insure that Ron Paul would receive no love whatsoever from the delegates who filled the Tampa convention center—something that would get little in the way of publicity but would come complete with serious consequences not only to future candidates but to those who desire to express their choice for their party’s nominee through the primary process.

Led by Romney loyalist and pitbull GOP lawyer Ben Ginsberg, the RNC made changes in the rules that would not only insure an orderly convention for the front-runner in 2012 but would make it extremely difficult—if not completely impossible—for an intra-party challenge to be mounted against a President Romney in 2016.

There’s an unspoken storm brewing in the Republican Party—a storm whose seeds were planted in the first days of the 2012 Republican National Convention. For those who may not recall those late August days in 2012, the Republican Party arrived in Tampa dedicated to creating a seamless launch for the national [...]

This makes me hate politics.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Fuck the GOP, and more so the democrats. Fuck em both.
      ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Fuck em. Fuck em in the ear.

Comment

Really? You are just now finding out about this?
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Repeat after me, "Jeb Bush is the chosen one."

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              Really? You are just now finding out about this?
              No Frost, I read about it when it happened. I am just trying to prepare everyone for what is coming, but that is ok because the ends justify the means. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by emg View Post
                This makes me hate politics.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
                Just this?

Everything makes me hate politics.

Comment

Originally posted by cyclonescott View Post
                  No Frost, I read about it when it happened. I am just trying to prepare everyone for what is coming, but that is ok because the ends justify the means. Right?
                  Then you're going about 2 years early aren't you?

Comment

Then you're going about 2 years early aren't you?
                    Not really, as the campaigning should begin within the year.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                      Not really, as the campaigning should begin within the year.
                      Trick is to have such a following and a show of support that these little tricks aren't possible. I'm digging either Cruz or Paul this go around.

Comment

I've had my doubts about Reince.

Comment

Trick is to have such a following and a show of support that these little tricks aren't possible. I'm digging either Cruz or Paul this go around.
                          Surely you can't be serious. Ron Paul had a huge following. Spend a hour on you tube and watch some of the crap that the GOP establishment pulled. When Ted and Rand aren't even allowed on the ballot in 2016 because they aren't the GOP's choice maybe you will wake up to the corruption.

Comment

Originally posted by cyclonescott View Post
                            Surely you can't be serious. Ron Paul had a huge following. Spend a hour on you tube and watch some of the crap that the GOP establishment pulled. When Ted and Rand aren't even allowed on the ballot in 2016 because they aren't the GOP's choice maybe you will wake up to the corruption.
                            The GOP est. is facing death. They just might wake up
                            WH

Comment

Ted Cruz will never win the GOP nomination, much less a Presidential Election. Never.
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X