Todays youth is completely f#cked.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todays youth is completely f#cked.

So I have a friend who waits tables, posted some shit about how both waiters and soldiers are underpaid, and one of her friends says "Soldiers enlist, if they don't like the pay then don't enlist." I'm arguing the fact that in that case if waiters don't get paid enough, then don't apply for a job waiting tables, and the mother fucker just doesn't get it. If this is how our youth sees the world, what the fuck needs to be done to fix it?
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Yes, that is how they see it. They think they are entitled to a job that pays well.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Originally posted by racrguy
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Our future looks bright for promotions.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I love this country for a few reasons and hate it for many more.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

If you think its bad now, just wait. I've been watching the shit hit the fan since the 60's and you guys can't imagine the change in peoples outlook and perspectives I've seen.. I never ever thought that we would have a President that hated our country, and,along with the Congress and the Press, try to do their best to destroy it!! Never thought companies like US Steel, Bethlehem Steel, Pan Am, Eastern and many others would disappear. That people would jump on the band wagon of fuck American goods and give me the cheap shit made overseas to save a buck . People who don't give a rats ass about what happens to anyone else till it happens to them.. I have maybe 10-15 years before I'm planted.. you guys have a hell of a lot longer!!!
          Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Thats the way it is here at the company I work at. Kids come in wanting a job and we start them off with a grinder in their hands. Grind aluminum panels for about a year and then you'll move up to a better position. They think they can just jump up and run a robotic welder after being her a week.

Comment

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
              If you think its bad now, just wait. I've been watching the shit hit the fan since the 60's and you guys can't imagine the change in peoples outlook and perspectives I've seen.. I never ever thought that we would have a President that hated our country, and,along with the Congress and the Press, try to do their best to destroy it!! Never thought companies like US Steel, Bethlehem Steel, Pan Am, Eastern and many others would disappear. That people would jump on the band wagon of fuck American goods and give me the cheap shit made overseas to save a buck . People who don't give a rats ass about what happens to anyone else till it happens to them.. I have maybe 10-15 years before I'm planted.. you guys have a hell of a lot longer!!!
              I am just curious, at what age did you decide the world was fucked?

Comment

Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

The only way to see the paradign shift is through multi-decade observation.
                  The no-growth/slow-growth paradigm is here. The US has been, and will continue to be stepped-down until the bottom is reached.
                  They will spin it and redirect your attention, but look at the situation critically and with your own eyes. The bottom will be much much closer to the level of the rest of the world than many generations of the US public have come to expect. For the new generation, they will never know the infinite-growth paradigm and what that has meant to all aspects of the US economy and also US politics. The POTUS has facilitated a large part of the impetus, but it's the trend over decades that can be included with this. Gradually, then suddenly.

The big-decision makers have already bought-in on this no-growth/slow-growth paradigm.

The only thing that can change this, is exploitation of new energy/resources, but it will still pale in comparison to the old infinite-growth paradigm.
                  Jay Johnson
                  Car hauler for hire

Comment

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
                    Most people have no idea of the companies you mentioned. Huge industries for us though.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

The only good thing about not having kiddos is that they won't have to deal with what happens in the future. I don't think it's gonna pretty at all.
                      Vortex rear stand $75
                      8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                      My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                      but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                      11 4 door
                      13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Working...
                      X