No announcement yet.

Carter vs. Barry (Iran/Egypt)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would be the ideal move for the US is to allow the people to get what they want and for us to stay out of their internal issues, unless it becomes a bloody slaughter by using the military/police on the protesters. THEY need to work it out among them and we could stand by for support so that peace is maintained... nothing more.

Here's the problem, folks; and please just humor me for a second...

The timing of this whole thing is awfully suspicious. I wouldn't put it past the men behind the curtain to use some of these smaller countries as dry runs on what can be done during civil unrests. Just seeing what works and doesn't work, what they can get away with, etc. Isn't it also convenient that El-Baradei just happened to show up on the scene? If this isn't planned, I don't know what is.

Comment

I hope we let them use self-determination. If they need UN observers to certify their election process, that's fine, but if the Ivory Coast is any indication of UN observers' level of contribution, I'm skeptical. If the people clearly mandate a winner in an honest political process, and ask for our help to make things happen, I'm fine with helping. We need to start billing folks for services rendered, though.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Cannonball996 View Post
        I have not seen the protesters calling for sharia law, they seem a bit more secular then the iranians.

I think obama is doing the right thing, supporting the people who want a democracy, but not calling for mubarack to step down. in the end the US has to come out of the side of the winner.
        Iran was planning to bomb an Israeli ship while it crossed the Suez Canal, Egyptian daily Al Ahram quoted Egyp

Looks like a real class act organization.

Comment

L.A. Times Headline:
          U.S. open to a role for Islamists in new Egypt government

Anyone else surprised?

Comment

Originally posted by mcmustang View Post
            L.A. Times Headline:

Anyone else surprised?
            We have one running this country, so why not?

Comment

Originally posted by mcmustang View Post
              L.A. Times Headline:

Anyone else surprised?
              of course not, we are a nation of sellouts, and there is way to much money at stake in Egypt with the Suez Canal.

Comment

Working...
              X