No announcement yet.

Redskins lose trademark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soon this country is going to be like Demolition Man, Every time you say something offensive you will get fined.

Comment

My predicted outcome of this..

1. Washington does indeed change its name.
      2. Snyder either sells the team to someone that is guaranteed to move them or he moves the team himself. He is that petty of a dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post

2. Snyder either sells the team to someone that is guaranteed to move them or he moves the team himself. He is that petty of a dude.
        The point here is you can't force a privately owned team to your will. It's bigger than just what the left paints it as, another racist evil white man. I sincerely hope he wins and keeps the name, simply to send a message to the left that we still live in a country of laws. I don't care about any of the particulars, my interest is in what is legally correct here. If he doesn't want to change the name of the team, no one can make him do that. If the public doesn't agree, it will show in his profits, that's how the free market works. This government intervention is tyrannical and completely illegal. People need to stand their ground and fight this absurd injustice. The moment you step outside of the law, you've invalidated your intentions as far as I'm concerned.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

This happened in 1999 as well and they lost their trademark and got it back in 03. This is an election year ploy they know they won't win in the long term.
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post

I hope he does.

Comment

San Antonio Beans formerly the Washington Redskins
              "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

lol
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Now that was funny.... actually I was thinking London... The NFL seems to have a hard on for moving a franchise there.

The hoggettes would be pan fried over that.. haha

Comment

Working...
                  X