Is America really this stupid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is America really this stupid?

The Obama administration released job numbers this morning showing that (surprise!) everything is great! Actually, it's not just great, it's freaking incredible! yay! Let's ignore that recent "revised" 3.0% largest in recorded history economy contraction that happened a few weeks ago. And just like every job numbers/economic report in a few weeks it will be quietly revised to show it's terrible, and not a single media outlet will cover it. What a bunch of bullshit. The media is an accessory to this crime.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Yes they are.
    Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

This is why Carter put the education of our kids under the responsibility of the government, so the government could make the population stupid as hell and they can manipulate them.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        This is why Carter put the education of our kids under the responsibility of the government, so the government could make the population stupid as hell and they can manipulate them.
        It's working.
        Rich

Comment

Obama got elected twice and is still sitting in office, so I would say yes.

Comment

I guess if you throw out the numbers you dont want to average in, you can make anything look better than it really is.

This morning's conference call was the same way. I interjected and used a great example: one of my venders is a transmission re-manufacturer. Over a beer with the VP in Nashville, I asked what their failure rate is. The number: 27%. Of those, only 2% are in the field, the other 25% are caught on a transmission dyno that they built and patented.

So if 27% of americans arent employed, but only 2% want to be, the government can throw out the ones that dont want to have a job, and then 2% sounds GREAT!
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              Obama got elected twice and is still sitting in office, so I would say yes.
              the sad state of our country.
              satisfaction is the death of desire...

its still "We the people"...right?

Comment

Originally posted by mightyp View Post
                the sad state of our country.
                It will get worse before it gets better.

Comment

Yes. We're getting exactly the government we deserve. Thank to fuck christ we aren't getting as much of it as we're paying for.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                      Yes. We're getting exactly the government we deserve. Thank christ we aren't getting as much of it as we're paying for.
                      I knew you'd come around.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                        I knew you'd come around.
                        x2

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                          I guess if you throw out the numbers you dont want to average in, you can make anything look better than it really is.

This morning's conference call was the same way. I interjected and used a great example: one of my venders is a transmission re-manufacturer. Over a beer with the VP in Nashville, I asked what their failure rate is. The number: 27%. Of those, only 2% are in the field, the other 25% are caught on a transmission dyno that they built and patented.

So if 27% of americans arent employed, but only 2% want to be, the government can throw out the ones that dont want to have a job, and then 2% sounds GREAT!
                          Just like profit margins. You can figure the margin based on manufacturing costs vs selling price and have a good 25% margin or you can take a real number and look at lost/damaged cores, warehousing, packaging, shipping, warranty and figure out it's really more like 10%. Then factor in R&D, maintenance on the equipment, marketing, legal, etc... and you might be lucky to scrape by at 5%. Which is where it doesn't really make sense to even be in business, just throw money into the bond market.

Obviously you can improve on all of these by streamlining production, concentrating on higher profit parts with lower failure rates and cheaper cores, cutting warranty costs by improving production quality, outsourcing production, etc...

Comment

Believe it or not, it was 10 years ago this month that Barack Obama, then a candidate for the U.S. Senate, introduced himself to America with a speech that shook the Fleet Center in Boston. The main theme of that Democratic convention was the litany of George W. Bush's failures — an unpopular and unending war in Iraq, a faltering image abroad, a stagnating middle class. Obama gave eloquent voice to those frustrations, arguing that all of them could be addressed if only we reunited the electorate.

Comment

I don't even have to read the article.

Comment

Working...
                              X