NFL players gone broke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
    Correct. My wife and I save/invest a lot on $300k a year, but we don't have to make it rain in the da club every night either.
    Ballin'

I make nowhere near half that, and I'm single.

Comment

Originally posted by MOSFET View Post
      I'm sure a lot of these guys go from making nothing before they were in the NFL, then back to making nothing when they are cut or retire.
      I think that's the main issue. They have zero money handling skills and when they get it, absolutely just blow it. I'd like to see people check out NBA players as well.
      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
        Ballin'

I make nowhere near half that, and I'm single.
        Lmao, I didn't say that was all me. My wife works too!
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

They can't hold onto at least a piece of $350k? Fuck those chumps.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I forgot - My stepfather was going over resumes during Thanksgiving. Two were from X NFL players.

I didn't believe it at first, googled them to be sure. What's it like to list 3 of your previous employers as NFL franchises and now you're applying for a job to make 30 grand to work in a warehouse???

One guy was a bad ass at LSU and played for the Cowboys, Dolphins, and one other team for about ~6 years. I can't imagine what it's like to be treated like a god among men for 10 years of your life then go to being a broke-dick loser. Talk about humbling.

Give me a million dollars and I would become a slumlord and never worry about money again. I would give free rent to other former NFL players gone broke, but in exchange they would have to play ball with the neighborhood kids. Everybody wins!
            US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
              The high played guys skew that averages. The league minimum last I cared to look was around $350K. That sounds like a lot but it really isn't.
              PM me for a bank routing number and acct number. Since clearly this isn't a lot to you, you won't miss it and I sure could use it.

By the way, Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                PM me for a bank routing number and acct number. Since clearly this isn't a lot to you, you won't miss it and I sure could use it.

By the way, Thanks!
                I'm sure you get this often, but you're an idiot.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
                  I'm sure you get this often, but you're an idiot.
                  broncojohnny made the statement that 350K is chump change. I just want some chump change.

You're the idiot for not asking.

I think a $1 is chump change. Want me to send you a dollar?

It's probably more than you have under the seat of your El Camino.

Comment

broncojohnny made the statement that 350K is chump change. I just want some chump change.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                    The high played guys skew that averages. The league minimum last I cared to look was around $350K. That sounds like a lot but it really isn't.
                    Hmmm, chump change, chump change, no I don't see where he says it's chump change.

Why don't we race for it?
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I didn't say it was chump change, it just isn't a lot of money when you consider some of their expenses and the job situation. I know a number of people who make more than $350K a year and none of them are truly carefree. There is a difference between income and wealth. Wealth allows you to be carefree, income doesn't because it may be unreliable.

As for the ex-NFL players applying for $30K jobs, it happens all the time. I worked with a guy at the GM plant in Arlington who had played for a few teams, one was the Bengals, but got cut off the roster. So one week he was getting a giant paycheck for being a second string cornerback and the next he was getting nothing.
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                        They can't hold onto at least a piece of $K? Fuck those chumps.
                        Hay 750,000 dollar cars earrings with diamond's the size of ice cubes and fur coats so you look pimp don't come cheap. 90% of them get what they deserve in the end. fuck um

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                          We fired John Roper today from his job here in Afghanistan. It is safe to say that all that NFL Bears and Cowboys money is long gone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Ro...ootball_player)
                          wow! He was on the cover of Dave Campbell's football magazine back in the day and a dominating force on A&M's wrecking ball defense.

Comment

Working...
                          X