Russian Media on Downed Airliner: The CIA Did It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian Media on Downed Airliner: The CIA Did It

If perception is reality, then the Russian population would assume that the downing of Malaysia Airlines MH17 was the work of the Ukrainians — with the help of the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency, or vice versa. Just one day after the horrific tragedy that left 298 people dead, Russia's Channel One ran a package telling its audience that the entire incident was orchestrated by the United States, specifically by the CIA. A document was broadcast purportedly showing that the U.S. was planning to do the same thing during the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis.

Viewers learned that the "U.S. orchestrated this because Ukrainian government is not sophisticated enough to orchestrate this," according to the broadcast, which was translated from the original Russian by CNBC. According to Channel One, Russia's swift economic growth has inspired the United States to try to damage Russia's economy.

The government of Russian President Vladimir Putin financially supports and editorially controls a domestic media machine that has become reminiscent of the Soviet propaganda machine, and the former KGB agent has shut down most independent news channels that may stray from the Kremlin line.

The government of Russian President Vladimir Putin financially supports and editorially controls a domestic media machine.

Would the bold part be considered ironic coming from NBC? A news outlet that follows the current administrations own propaganda.

It's probably true.

Comment

I don't know who to believe at this point...

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
        It's probably true.
        LOL, wouldn't surprise me either. Not like we will ever know exactly what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
          I don't know who to believe at this point...
          I like the fact we are pointing out possible corruption in other governments and media, while nowadays we stand at the top of that pile by far.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
            It's probably true.

No shit.

Comment

man isnt it sad that a lot of people in this country side with russia..

i did read about how putans plane was in the area, and it looks very similar to the shot down plane. i think its odd how fucking quickly they had that audio tape of the rebels talking about the shooting, edited and translated to every major language, and sent to every major media outlet almost instantly..
              ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                man isnt it sad that a lot of people in this country side with russia..

i did read about how putans plane was in the area, and it looks very similar to the shot down plane. i think its odd how fucking quickly they had that audio tape of the rebels talking about the shooting, edited and translated to every major language, and sent to every major media outlet almost instantly..
                That was the Russian state owned media covering Russia. His plane was no where near there, complete fabrication. I found it pretty funny. Wtf does it matter what color the paint was, the damn plane was 30k feet in the air, it's a shiny dot with contrails to any ground based missile team.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                X