Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Facebook says page calling for death to Jews doesn't violate 'community standards'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook says page calling for death to Jews doesn't violate 'community standards'

A Facebook page calling for the death of Israeli Jews does not violate the social network's "community standards," according to multiple messages sent by Facebook in response to user complaints. "

[IMG][/IMG]

The page in question, is named, "Death to zionst baby killer israeli jews." The page, which spells "Zionist" incorrectly, features an Image of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu as a vampire with blood dripping down his chin as he feasts on a child. It was started on July 25.

Individuals complaining about the page were greeted with the following message (screen captured below):

We reviewed your report of Death to zionst baby killer israeli jews. Thank you for taking the time to report something that you feel may violate our Community Standards. Reports like yours are an important part of making Facebook a safe and welcoming environment. We reviewed the Page you reported for containing hate speech or symbols and found it doesn't violate our Community Standards.
    Last Thursday, a mob of more than a dozen men assaulted a Jew in his suburban Paris home who had been identified through a French Facebook page that listed the faces and identities of Jews to be attacked. The social network declined to remove the page until after the assault had taken place.

UPDATE: Facebook has since removed the page.

I heard that was Dohctr's page.

Comment

Shit like this should be on an episode of south park.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Here is a Death to Muslims FB page, just started yesterday. I wonder if it will stay up.

I reported them to FB for hate speech. Let's see what happens.
        Last edited by TexasDevilDog; 07-29-2014, 09:41 AM.
        class joke
        {
        private:
        char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
        double Peas, Carrots;
        string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
        };

Comment

They took down the page.
          Last edited by TexasDevilDog; 08-18-2014, 01:14 PM.
          class joke
          {
          private:
          char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
          double Peas, Carrots;
          string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
          };

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDevilDog View Post
            They took down the page.
            They decided they were screwing with the wrong folks.
            Originally posted by Buzzo
            Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X