Muslim Organization to Build Quran Monuments in U.S. Courthouses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muslim Organization to Build Quran Monuments in U.S. Courthouses

The Muslim outreach group One Nation Under Allah has announced plans to fund the construction of 150 Quran inscribed monuments in courthouses across the United States. Many courthouses across the U.S. have included prominent displays of the Ten Commandments (a central summation of the beliefs of Christianity). These displays have been met with many legal challenges as an inappropriate display of religion in government buildings. In recent years, atheist groups have protested the display of the Ten Commandments by displaying their own statutes or signs celebrating atheism. This “if you can’t beat them, join them” strategy has now been implemented by the group One Nation Under Allah who will begin installing monuments early this fall.

While the full list of courthouses that the group intends to target has not been made public, they have announced that the first monument will be displayed in Dearborn, MI and the second monument will be displayed alongside the Ten Commandments statute in the Bradford County Courthouse in north Florida. In an press release, the group offered the following justification:

We have chosen to install our first monument celebrating the teachings of the Quran in Dearborn, MI because the community contains a high concentration of followers of Islam. It is our right to display our beliefs in government buildings, just as Christians can. Likewise, it is our right for our beliefs to inform the laws of our city, just as the Christians do. By proudly displaying the teachings of the Quran in our courthouse, we are celebrating the same rights Christians have celebrated since the founding of this great country. We have chosen the Bradford County Courthouse as our second location do to the ongoing disagreement between Christian and atheist groups displaying their beliefs publicly.

The group plans to install monuments in at least 150 courthouses in the next year. Their plans do not stop there, however:

As we continue to install these monuments to Islam, we will also begin an effort lobbying for the Quran to be used in judicial proceedings in conjunction or instead of the Christian Bible. Making the Quran available for followers of Islam will make judicial proceedings more inclusive and will help to end the monopoly that Christianity has had in the United States since its founding. It is time for Islam to be a more prominent force in America and One Nation Under Allah intends to lead the effort.

When reached for comment, officials in Dearborn MI indicated that they would not try to block the installation and would begin considering offering the Quran in court proceedings. Officials in Bradford County, however, vowed to fight the monuments in a released statement:

We intend to take every legal action to block this installation of Quran inscribed monuments in our government buildings. The United States is a Christian nation, and we will do everything in our powers to see that it remains such.

Christians throughout the United States will undoubtedly be keeping a close eye on the upcoming legal battles that will arise from One Nation Under Allah’s plans. The religious and free speech landscape of America may hang in the balance.

My question is...will atheists and liberals attack this in the same way they have attacked crosses and ten commandments?
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
    http://nationalreport.net/muslim-org...s-courthouses/

My question is...will atheists and liberals attack this in the same way they have attacked crosses and ten commandments?
    No.
    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

No, and I'm not sure how this happens.

Lesson to be learned: attack and kill 3,000 of our civilians inside our borders, continually murder non-believers abroad, and we'll erect monuments to your cause.
      Last edited by Baba Ganoush; 08-19-2014, 09:57 AM.

Comment

They can build them but the security is going to get very expensive very quickly. I want to see the Freedom From Religion Foundation go after this. I may write them a letter
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

I doubt it because their fights are usually only with Christians.

Comment

Can we just take all that shit out of the court house? None of it is appropriate.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Do you even still place your hand on a bible anymore? I don't recall doing so the last couple of times I was sworn in.

BTW, placing my hand on a bible would be just as meaningless as placing my hand on a Quran.. Or a Torah, or a Buddha belly, or anything else for that matter.

Comment

Isn't that a satirical website?

Comment

DISCLAIMER: National Report is a news and political satire web publication, which may or may not use real names, often in semi-real or mostly fictitious ways.

All news articles contained within National Report are fiction, and presumably fake news. Any resemblance to the truth is purely coincidental.

The views expressed by writers on this site are theirs alone and are not reflective of the fine journalistic and editorial integrity of National Report.

Advice given is NOT to be construed as professional. If you are in need of professional help (and you may be if you are on this page), please consult a professional.

National Report is intended for a mature audience and not for children under the age of 18. - See more at: http://nationalreport .net/disclaimer/

Comment

Originally posted by jasone View Post
                    Good eyes!
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Well...so much for that!
                      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Well that got the reaction I was expecting.

Comment

Originally posted by jasone View Post
                          nice balls.

Comment

Working...
                          X