25 year depression coming soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
    I'm subscribing to a portion of the Russia theory. .

larger version here: http://i.imgur.com/OFafets.jpg

Comment

I don't think there is any way in hell you see 3.8% GDP growth in 2015.

My problem with a lot of these predictions about the low cost of oil is the fact that the situation we are in is unprecedented in modern times. Interest rates being at zero for so long has skewed everything completely out of whack when it comes to risk vs reward. Instead of capital investment and growth, companies have been buying back shares, there is no job growth besides O&G. The only other jobs are ones where you have to say "do you want fries with that?". Once O&G goes away, the economy is fucked.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post

My problem with a lot of these predictions about the low cost of oil is the fact that the situation we are in is unprecedented in modern times. Interest rates being at zero for so long has skewed everything completely out of whack when it comes to risk vs reward. Instead of capital investment and growth, companies have been buying back shares, there is no job growth besides O&G. The only other jobs are ones where you have to say "do you want fries with that?". Once O&G goes away, the economy is fucked.
        But if Saudi Arabia bows out, and lets us be the swing producer, we'll be in good shape for the short term.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
          But if Saudi Arabia bows out, and lets us be the swing producer, we'll be in good shape for the short term.
          I don't see that happening. I think a war or unrest is more likely to bump prices like always.

Saudi does a massive amount of well intervention so that may skew their cost of production higher than typically published . They have cost effectively maintained wells for a long time...but that only goes so far and may turn into more drilling and major work overs.

I honestly think no one knows at all what to expect. Maybe Russia will start shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post

Low prices cure low prices as they say...so I don't see a longterm shale decline. Those wells don't last longame at all. 1 year of decline can send prices surging again.

But again...I don't think anyone knows what will happen. Layoffs for sure I'd assume in near term.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              I don't see that happening. I think a war or unrest is more likely to bump prices like always.

Saudi does a massive amount of well intervention so that may skew their cost of production higher than typically published . They have cost effectively maintained wells for a long time...but that only goes so far and may turn into more drilling and major work overs.

I honestly think no one knows at all what to expect. Maybe Russia will start shit.
              The horses might be out of the barn, there.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

It's starting!
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

What is?

Comment

You don't know? You haven't heard?

Comment

http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Thank you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                          What is?
                          It
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

FWIW, Joe Barton (TX congressman and senior republican on the House Energy and Commerce Committee) is introducing legislation today to lift the crude oil export ban.

Comment

It'll be symbolic, if anything. Your president will kill it.

Comment

I saw the first article today of what will be many I am sure, about how the Fed is going to bail out the energy sector. I had to laugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X