Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torture you? That's a good idea. I like that.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torture you? That's a good idea. I like that.

Seriously, what is the short version?
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Someone posted this over on reddit. Long but not 500 pages long.

The Committee makes the following findings and conclusions:
      1: The CIA's use of its enhanced interrogation techniques was not an effective means of acquiring intelligence or gaining cooperation from detainees
      2: The CIA's justification for the use of its enhanced interrogation techniques rested on inaccurate claims of their effectiveness.
      3: The interrogations of CIA detainees were brutal and far worse than the CIA represented to policymakers and others.
      4: The conditions of confinement for CIA detainees were harsher than the CIA had represented to policymakers and others.
      5: The CIA repeatedly provided inaccurate information to the Department of Justice, impeding a proper legal analysis of the CIA's Detention and Interrogation Program.
      6: The CIA has actively avoided or impeded congressional oversight of the program.
      7: The CIA impeded effective White House oversight and decision-making.
      8: The CIA's operation and management of the program complicated, and in some cases impeded, the national security missions of other Executive Branch agencies.
      9: The CIA impeded oversight by the CIA's Office of Inspector General.
      10: The CIA coordinated the release of classified information to the media, including inaccurate information concerning the effectiveness of the CIA's enhanced interrogation techniques.
      11: The CIA was unprepared as it began operating its Detention and Interrogation Program more than six months after being granted detention authorities.
      12: The CIA's management and operation of its Detention and Interrogation Program was deeply flawed throughout the program's duration, particularly so in 2002 and early 2003.
      13: Two contract psychologists devised the CIA's enhanced interrogation techniques and played a central role in the operation, assessments, and management of the CIA's Detention and Interrogation Program. By 2005, the CIA had overwhelmingly outsourced operations related to the program.
      14: CIA detainees were subjected to coercive interrogation techniques that had not been approved by the Department of Justice or had not been authorized by CIA Headquarters.
      15: The CIA did not conduct a comprehensive or accurate accounting of the number of individuals it detained, and held individuals who did not meet the legal standard for detention. The CIA's claims about the number of detainees held and subjected to its enhanced Interrogation techniques were inaccurate.
      16: The CIA failed to adequately evaluate the effectiveness of its enhanced interrogation techniques.
      17: The CIA rarely reprimanded or held personnel accountable for serious and significant violations, inappropriate activities, and systemic and individual management failures.
      18: The CIA marginalized and ignored numerous internal critiques, criticisms, and objections concerning the operation and management of the CIA's Detention and Interrogation Program.
      19: The CIA's Detention and Interrogation Program was inherently unsustainable and had effectively ended by 2006 due to unauthorized press disclosures, reduced cooperation from other nations, and legal and oversight concerns.
      20: The CIA's Detention and Interrogation Program damaged the United States' standing in the world, and resulted in other significant monetary and non-monetary costs.

Comment

Snowden is a wanted man for leaking this kind of info and this bitch releases it without any consequences. They also make it sound like it was done to thousands of prisoners instead of the THREE that it was done to. I've waterboarded more men then the CIA did at gitmo.
        Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 12-09-2014, 11:55 PM.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Hazing I endured and committed in the Marines would never be allowed by the CIA today.
          class joke
          {
          private:
          char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
          double Peas, Carrots;
          string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
          };

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDevilDog View Post
            Hazing I endured and committed in the Marines would never be allowed by the CIA today.
            Good for you?
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDevilDog View Post
              For some reason I doubt that.

Torture programs described in the report include "rectal feeding," sleep deprivation, insects, use of diapers, and mock executions. According to the report, "rectal hydration" was used as a means of "behavior control."
              interrogators shackled detainees with leg injuries, including broken feet, in a standing position until they could not physically continue
              "Multiple CIA detainees subjected to prolonged sleep deprivation experienced hallucinations, and CIA interrogation teams did not always discontinue sleep deprivation after the detainees had experienced hallucinations,"

In a final round of questioning, Rahim was subjected to a prolonged sleep-deprivation session that lasted for a total of 138.5 hours
              waterboarding sessions "resulted in immediate fluid intake and involuntary leg, chest and arm spasms" and "hysterical pleas." A medical officer who oversaw the interrogation of another detainee stated that the waterboard technique had evolved beyond the "sensation of drowning" to what he described as a "series of near drownings."

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                For some reason I doubt that.
                Get out of here with that. He's a legend in his own mind, just ask him.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  I've played him at total annihilation. The guy is a legend. I felt like Rihanna afterwards.

Comment

And people wonder why the world hates the United States.
                    Originally posted by lincolnboy
                    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post

Who fucking cares if they hate us. The world needs to be scared to death of us. They keep nipping at our heals despite our strength for one reason; we have an active 5 column in this country that throws the country under the bus for a political advantage to their party. Calling this torture is akin to some black employe at the post office claiming racism because someone white went on break before they did. If given the power I will show the world what real torture of a non-state enemy combatant looks like.
                      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        Shower bukkake was merely a form of hazing.

The timing seems pretty suspect on this whole deal. Threat levels increasing, thanks outgoing party!

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                          Shower bukkake was merely a form of hazing.

The timing seems pretty suspect on this whole deal. Threat levels increasing, thanks outgoing party!

Pics of said hazing please. Do we have a wall of shame to post them on?

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                            GMAMFB. Even AFTER this report, you think people WON'T want to immigrate here 'cause they hate us so much? Whatever.

Do tell, what would you do to extract information that would save American lives? Ask "pretty please?"

And as said, screw world opinion. Sorry, but our officials are here to protect AMERICAN lives, not the sensibilities of someone hell-bent on killing us. We play mind games with these folks and the pansies out there think it's like pulling toenails out.
                            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                              GMAMFB. Even AFTER this report, you think people WON'T want to immigrate here 'cause they hate us so much? Whatever.

Do tell, what would you do to extract information that would save American lives? Ask "pretty please?"

And as said, screw world opinion. Sorry, but our officials are here to protect AMERICAN lives, not the sensibilities of someone hell-bent on killing us. We play mind games with these folks and the pansies out there think it's like pulling toenails out.
                              What the hell does my statement have to do with immigration? Citizens of first world nations the world over have intense hatred for us because of our bullshit shenanigans we pull all the time. We expect humanity from our enemies, but we hear reports of Americans being mistreated while under capture and then we pull bullshit like this? America is a nation full of decadent hypocrites facing it's harsh downfall. it might be beneficial to us not to piss off everyone on earth during our death rattle.
                              Originally posted by lincolnboy
                              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Working...
                              X