Clear All

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
    American Airlines net margin - negative 6.6%
    United Airlines net margin - 1.46%
    Delta Airlines net margin - 1.63%

Pfizer net margin - 22.06%
    GlaxoSmithKline net margin - 20.51%
    Johnson & Johnson net margin - 21.96%
    Good fuck those industries and their employees, I want mah cheaper airfare and drugs!(this is what I see when people talk about oil)
    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Who could have possibly imagined the price of a commodity would rapidly fluctuate and cause chaos in the supporting industries. The next thing you know real estate will find a way to go down in value...

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
        Who could have possibly imagined the price of a commodity would rapidly fluctuate and cause chaos in the supporting industries. The next thing you know real estate will find a way to go down in value...
        Not according to real estate agents in North Texas...

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
          Don't pretend like you wouldn't be happy about cheap gas if you weren't in the oil field.
          Saving $75 a month isn't going to light my fire enough to make me want to shout "down with a major US industry and all those connectected to it".

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
            Saving $75 a month isn't going to light my fire enough to make me want to shout "down with a major US industry and all those connectected to it".
            Low fuel prices are better for my industry. Keep making it lower.

Comment

Outrageous fuel prices are though, and we've had them for a long time.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                Low fuel prices are better for my industry. Keep making it lower.
                Fair enough, can't fault someone for looking out for their own. I do, however, fear the ramifications of "keep making it lower". If energy continues to fall or even ride the bottom, I would expect more values connected to other markets to also wane. Housing, many stocks, GDP, jobs across the economic spectrum in our country, could suffer.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                  Outrageous fuel prices are though, and we've had them for a long time.
                  I honestly don't think they have been outrageous enough for me to make that statement as the industry has had little to do with driving the price up. We are not in disagreement on fuel prices being overly high, however.

Comment

We have been blaming our presidents for decades over high gas prices, now they have taken a turn for less and we still bitch? I just do not get it. I for one enjoy the 20 dollar fill-ups!

Lower fuel prices is wonderful for my job. I might add the public will never see the savings in ticket prices...............that $$ goes straight into the executives wallet. Some makes way to shareholders.

Comment

I am not claiming that at all, in fact I work in the oil field. I just find it funny and hypocritical of people who are in the oil field and are complaining about people who are happy about the drop in gas prices, yet are happy themselves if prices on other goods drop. I will be the first to admit I like it when ammo, food, or other prices drop and make them cheaper for me. I don't get really excited and I am not saying "fuck that industry" (usually), but to say lower prices in general don't make me a little happier would be lying. I am not excited about the drastic drop in oil, and it being tied to so much of the economy can be a dangerous thing if it continues down, but I am not going to get mad at people for being happy at paying a little less for gas. Oil, like everything, goes up and down. Yes my job is more at risk now than the last 4 years, but that is also why I have set us up to be financially stable in the event I lose my job. If oil continues down and I get laid off, I will find another job that probably pays less, I will continue to support my family, and life will go on. I won't necessarily be happy about it, but I will not be worried; I don't have Raptor or Mustang payments.
                      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

the common denominator here, is that everyone posting in this thread, and others related, that are for gas prices going up, work in/with the industry in some way.

everyone else, doesnt, and wants their cheap gas.

it's evident that some of yall get worked up over something you have no control over. get over it, and go for the ride that we're ALL taking.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                          the common denominator here, is that everyone posting in this thread, and others related, that are for gas prices going up, work in/with the industry in some way.

everyone else, doesnt, and wants their cheap gas.

it's evident that some of yall get worked up over something you have no control over. get over it, and go for the ride that we're ALL taking.
                          Like I explained, I was being facetious with 150/bbl oil. I think a happy median at 85/bbl would suit everyone fine. I just laugh at the people who aren't in the industry, but speak as if they have the knowledge of how the industry works and how pricing is determined and profits are handed out. Everyone's an expert. BTW, this post isn't directed at you specifically.

Comment

I would be happy if gas never got more than 2.50 a gallon for 87, and if that kept the industry strong, I'd be ok with that.

I'm not sure what $85 a barrel equates to as far as gas prices though

Comment

Bring it down to $1.00

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                                Like I explained, I was being facetious with 150/bbl oil. I think a happy median at 85/bbl would suit everyone fine. I just laugh at the people who aren't in the industry, but speak as if they have the knowledge of how the industry works and how pricing is determined and profits are handed out. Everyone's an expert. BTW, this post isn't directed at you specifically.
                                Out of curiosity, what happened in the late 70's when gas was in the two dollar range (if not higher) and then plummeted to ~.60 cents a gallon by the mid 80's? Did anything happen the same way as what's being projected now?

Comment

Working...
                                X