No announcement yet.

FCC Chairman's Proposal Will Radically Change The Rules Of The Internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honest question, who has read the bill and has a firm grasp on what it is, care to break it down so us simple folk can understand.

This arguing about who is smarter is getting fucking old. Yall sound like children.
    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
      Honest question, who has read the bill and has a firm grasp on what it is, care to break it down so us simple folk can understand.

This arguing about who is smarter is getting fucking old. Yall sound like children.
      Not anyone on this forum. Only the 5 FCC commissioners have access to it and they were all appointed by Obama and confirmed by a Harry Reid led senate.

Two are listed as republicans. One of them (Ajit Varadaraj Pai) has a BA from Harvard and his JD is from the university of Chicago. So he probably read some of Obama's papers at Harvard since he was a freshman while he was still there and he was an instructor while he was working on this JD. Meaning I don't trust him. He's probably about as conservative as Wendy Davis.

The other is Michael O'Rielly, he might actually be a republican but a very moderate one.

Comment

• [quote=exlude;1434044][quote=Gasser64;1433918]I dropped the cert because after having a long talk with a good friend about his experiences in IT, I decided that there wasn't much of a future in it, when it came to the pay. He has been in IT since 1999.

So did you actually get a certification in anything? You realize how vague "cert" is, right? That you could be certified in bullshit. Hell, I'll certify you as a moron right now.
        Eh screw it. I'll keep you off ignore for now. Just to troll you along because you've earned it. But boy oh boy, the butthurt is strong, with this one. I can tell with each post you're getting angrier. Gooood. Gooood. I really hope you don't think you're somehow convincing me of anything but the fact that you're a complete imbecile. Everyone here is still waiting on you to clear up post 51, and now, they're waiting on you to say what your degree is in. Keep talking. I'll just keep finding more things for you to need to "clarify", and you'll just keep going silent.

I've told you all you need to know about me. Its really not my concern if you choose not to believe it. Your disbelief will never change reality so I couldn't possibly care any less. But unlike you, when asked, I'll elaborate. Just to show I'm nothing like you and that I'll actually speak the truth instead of just running and hiding. I've even offered to show physical proof of the things I say to some people here, in person. As I'm sure you would, they declined being proved wrong. Given the type of behavior that you're displaying, I'd say what is most likely is that you've got something to hide. You're probably a child molester or something and greatly fear any indication of who you really are. Someone just might look up your criminal record and find out something you don't want everyone here to know.
        WH

Comment

Honest question, who has read the bill and has a firm grasp on what it is, care to break it down so us simple folk can understand.

It's not a bill.....

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
            It's not a bill.....
            As per usual, amazing content from you.
            ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

As per usual, amazing content from you.
              Absolutely.

Comment

The FCC is not voting on a bill. They are voting on reclassifying broadband internet service providers (e.g. Comcast, Verizon, etc.) as telecommunication services under Title II of the Communications Act.

This will prevent them from being able to block or throttle legal content to or from your device.

This was previously done by the FCC under the Open Internet Order, but this was done independent of the Communications Act. Verizon won a lawsuit against the FCC and had the Open Internet Order thrown at as it was determined to overstep the FCC's authority (i.e. Congress needs to make the laws).

However, inherent in that ruling was specifically that "the FCC could only do this if it classified ISPs under Title II" (I'm paraphrasing). So this is the next step inherent to return to the previous status quo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                  Eh screw it. I'll keep you off ignore for now. Just to troll you along because you've earned it. But boy oh boy, the butthurt is strong, with this one. I can tell with each post you're getting angrier. Gooood. Gooood. I really hope you don't think you're somehow convincing me of anything but the fact that you're a complete imbecile.
                  Yep, I was so hurt that I threatened to run off and put you on ignore. However, it was getting to me so much that I came running back the very next day. That's how much I was butthurt.

Everyone here is still waiting on you to clear up post 51, and now, they're waiting on you to say what your degree is in. Keep talking. I'll just keep finding more things for you to need to "clarify", and you'll just keep going silent.
                  Hey, at least I have a degree. That's more than you. Normally I wouldn't put much credence in that, but it's very odd that someone without a degree is hinging an argument on me not having one.

And who is everyone?

But unlike you, when asked, I'll elaborate.
                  So, what's your certification in and did you join a bachelor's program yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by exlude View Post
                    Yep, I was so hurt that I threatened to run off and put you on ignore. However, it was getting to me so much that I came running back the very next day. That's how much I was butthurt.

Hey, at least I have a degree. That's more than you. Normally I wouldn't put much credence in that, but it's very odd that someone without a degree is hinging an argument on me not having one.

And who is everyone?

So, what's your certification in and did you join a bachelor's program yet?
                    Why do you even bother, dude? You're wasting time that you'll never get back on a moron.

Comment

• Annnnnd the FCC approved it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                        Why do you even bother, dude? You're ?in? time that you'll never get back on a moron.
                        Another idiot jumping in for a cheap t?

WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                          Another idiot jumping in for a cheap t?

Sure.

Comment

• Price will go up, internet will be slower, and they will censor what they feel. Ahh the good USSR...I mean A

Comment

• Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
                              Price will go up, internet will be slower, and they will censor what they feel. Ahh the good USSR...I mean A
                              The price will continue to go up, as it has, because of the monopolies that exist.

The internet will continue to be slower than other established nations, as it is, because of the monopolies that exist.

Censorship is not a part of the Title II reclassification, but could happen if Congress enacts future laws to do so. ISPs have already been caught throttling certain companies to extort more money, if you count that as censorship, which is no longer allowed. Verizon also has a history of censoring customers' messages they deemed "controversial".

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                                Why do you even bother, dude? You're wasting time that you'll never get back on a moron.
                                It's entertaining, that's about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X