Verdict in Boston Bombing trial.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
    I get and agree with that, but they have him on video planting the bomb, and the shootout afterwards during pursuit. I guess I'm looking at it as that's enough evidence to find him guilty and put a needle in his arm without having to find him guilty of all 30 counts. The resources and time spent for this duration could have been applied to other cases as well. Basically, the process could have been streamlined, but then you have to ask why one case and not another.

I would ask all of you here though this, would any of you have found him not guilty knowing what we know about the case?

It was never a trial about guilt. The entire thing is a mechanism to determine punishment.

The defense has acknowledged that Dzhokhar planted the bomb that killed three people and injured 264 others two years ago. Since there's no doubt about Dzhokhar's involvement, the main question is about the likely sentence: life imprisonment or the death penalty

Quote from the same person I mentioned above:

"The defense ... has been trying to say that it was Tamerlan who sort of had the belief system and was dragging Dzhokhar along and Dzhokhar was a typical teenager who was interested in girls, cars, drugs and maybe a little bit of Islam,"
    The closing arguments ... were pretty much the same as the entire first phase of the trial and the incredible thing about them was that the defense chose not to contest guilt and chose basically to not put up a defense. It was a very strange thing to watch, but it's possibly brilliant as a strategy. The prosecution's case was talking about the horror and the tragedy of the marathon bombing and the defense's approach was to acknowledge the horror and the tragedy of the marathon bombing and basically try to make the jury think that what has happened to Dzhokar Tsarnaev is part of that tragedy

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
      It was never a trial about guilt. The entire thing is a mechanism to determine punishment.
      Yes, I followed all that with the trial. All that being said, I don't give a rat's ass what his motivation was for doing it (whether he did it for a reason or just to be cool). He should be put to death plain and simple. Two years to try and put a guy to death is too long, especially with all the appeals to follow.

On a side note, did anyone see that whack job mother of his and her comments?

Comment

Yes, I followed all that with the trial. All that being said, I don't give a rat's ass what his motivation was for doing it (whether he did it for a reason or just to be cool). He should be put to death plain and simple. Two years to try and put a guy to death is too long, especially with all the appeals to follow.

On a side note, did anyone see that whack job mother of his and her comments?
        He only gets one appeal. That's it. Don't buy the hype.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

It's still too damn long. It's not like our justice system is Gandalf, that mother fucker is late a lot.
          Last edited by CexMashean; 04-10-2015, 12:03 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
            It's still too damn long. It's not like our justice system is Gandalf, that mother fucker is late a lot.
            He arrives precisely when he means to.

Comment

Nag nag bitch moan and complain.

Comment

Regardless of what movies and TV would have you believe, the courts do not have limitless resources, and must try cases within the constraints present.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                  I can. It's arbitrary. The process has to guarantee equal protection for everyone. Also, smile answers to complex problems are almost always very comforting in theory, and very wrong.
                  Originally posted by YALE View Post
                  He only gets one appeal. That's it. Don't buy the hype.
                  1-3 years is plenty of time for appeals before he would face public hanging. So what you're saying is, you're perfectly fine with it costing the taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars AFTER he's been convicted. You're fine with him getting to live another 17 years or however long these idiots want to feed and clothe him? You're cool with all that? Cause that's what it gets you.

I'm all for a fair trial, if they're an american citizen. He got one. Now that all that is said and done, there is absolutely no reason for even further burden on the people, and for him to live very much longer at all. Nor for the execution to cost anything anywhere near what it does, when ropes are quite inexpensive and are in fact, reusable.

The only reason we have these ridiculous (and ridiculously expensive) means of execution is to satisfy the pitiful wants of the weak and stupid. Humanity has gotten by just fine for well over 100,000 years executing people cheaply. Somehow the world is still around.
                  WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                    1-3 years is plenty of time for appeals before he would face public hanging. So what you're saying is, you're perfectly fine with it costing the taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars AFTER he's been convicted. You're fine with him getting to live another 17 years or however long these idiots want to feed and clothe him? You're cool with all that? Cause that's what it gets you.

I'm all for a fair trial, if they're an american citizen. He got one. Now that all that is said and done, there is absolutely no reason for even further burden on the people, and for him to live very much longer at all. Nor for the execution to cost anything anywhere near what it does, when ropes are quite inexpensive and are in fact, reusable.

The only reason we have these ridiculous (and ridiculously expensive) means of execution is to satisfy the pitiful wants of the weak and stupid. Humanity has gotten by just fine for well over 100,000 years executing people cheaply. Somehow the world is still around.

How can that be when the earth is only +/- 6,000 years old?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                      How can that be when the earth is only +/- 6,000 years old?
                      I don't know, that's odd isn't it? You'd have to ask one of those non geologically literate people I guess.
                      WH

Comment

I don't think that's what Yale or anyone is saying at all. What they're saying is you can't pick and choose what should be rushed, hurried to judgment/execution, etc. and be fair to all. You're going a bit extreme. I believe in a fair trial, but I think the process needs to be streamlined. It's frustrating to me that such an obvious case took two years to prosecute, will now have sentencing, and then will have to wait for an appeal, etc. That's what I think needs to be streamlined. Perhaps it's just a resources matter. The prosecution doesn't seem to have the same resources that the defense has, but then again prosecution is dealing with multiple cases while defense has one.

Comment

I don't think that's what Yale or anyone is saying at all. What they're saying is you can't pick and choose what should be rushed, hurried to judgment/execution, etc. and be fair to all. You're going a bit extreme. I believe in a fair trial, but I think the process needs to be streamlined. It's frustrating to me that such an obvious case took two years to prosecute, will now have sentencing, and then will have to wait for an appeal, etc. That's what I think needs to be streamlined. Perhaps it's just a resources matter. The prosecution doesn't seem to have the same resources that the defense has, but then again prosecution is dealing with multiple cases while defense has one.
                          I bet that guy with his leg blown off and his bone sticking out wouldn't think that executing him swiftly after conviction would be "extreme". I'm not saying the man shouldn't have gotten a full on, excellent trial. We all deserve that, even scum like him. But he got it. Its over. Hang him high. And on to the next one, until there are very few left to burden the taxpayers. Only lesser offenses should actually get the luxury of going to prison instead of swift execution. The fact that we put up with all this shit says a lot about how big of pussies people are these days.

Hell horse thief used to be a hangable offense. I don't know for sure but my guess would be that it still is, if you looked at laws on the books in some states. At the very least is a felony. That tells you the kind of shit we used to put up with, vs what we take lying down these days.

I'm sorry but if you don't want to see the quick death of someone like this, you really should leave it to people who are much more competent in such matters. Again, this is all after a conviction resulting from a fair trial. I would never say he shouldn't have gotten a fair trial. Cause hell, he may have been innocent, who could tell without the trial.
                          WH

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
                            I get what y'all are saying but. He should've never done this shit. He forfeited his rights in my book.

And who decides when you forfeit your rights? The Constitution says the federal government cannot deprive you of life or liberty without due process. That means time to mount a defense
                            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

There are appeals and the length of time from conviction to execution due to the fact that the law would rather release a dozen guilty than kill one innocent. Or that is the theory.

It's sad when I'M the voice of reason.
                              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

so he is guilty when do they decide if he gets the needle?

Comment

Working...
                                X