Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Here you go you dumbs$%&#@ - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here you go you dumbs$%&#@

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
    And what you describe is called a hypocrite
    This is incorrect. A hypocrite is like telling a child not to jump in the mud puddle, only for you to jump in it after that.
    Lots of those claim to be Christians.
    I won't disagree with you that most christians are hypocrites, but hypocrisy isn't limited to christianity.

Comment

Nope, this is an argument about faith. We both know at the end of the day we`ll never change each other mind`s

But I do know that in real life, we`ll defend each other`s right to choose.
      That's not how you stated it. You said if you don't fit the status quo, you can't claim something so if you're black and 'acting white' then you're not really black. Would you care to go back and say "Yeah, I'm an idiot. Being a Christian is like having O Neg blood. I don't have to believe you have it, you know if you do or not and we won't find out unless it's immediately necessary to survival."
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• When copy/pasting full paragraphs you should quote-box it... or at least italicize it - unless you want everyone to think you wrote it yourself.

Don't worry... we'll keep you honest

Originally posted by Maddhattter View Post
        No, it doesn't. Entropy tells us that active energy is expended when work is performed, returning it to a state of potential energy until it's used for work by another system. As far as we are aware energy does not "come" from anywhere. Energy is always conserved, that is, it is never created anew or destroyed - this is called the First Law of Thermodynamics. Thus, when an object does work on another object, the energy can only be converted and/or transferred, but never lost or generated anew. In a sense, energy is like perfect money - transferred but always preserved, assuming no inflation or deflation.

Correct, as of now. If we can discover a method of harnessing other types of energy it's possible we might discover how to make one someday.

Sure, we can measure gravity and the energy required to escape it. However, per the first law of thermodynamics, energy is never created or destroyed, it only changes forms. It becomes another type of energy.

I've never seen anyone attempt to argue that entropy isn't real. Entropy is a measure of the "disorder" of a system. What "disorder" refers to is really the number of different microscopic states a system can be in, given that the system has a particular fixed composition, volume, energy, pressure, and temperature. "Microscopic states", meaning the exact states of all the molecules making up the system.we can't see which particular microscopic state a system is in, people often like to say that entropy is quantitative measure of how uncertain or ignorant one is about the exact, detailed, microscopic state of a system. Or, another popular way of saying this is that entropy measures the microscopic disorder of a system.

As a simple example, suppose that you put a marble in a large box, and shook the box around, and you didn't look inside afterwards. Then the marble could be anywhere in the box. Because the box is large, there are many possible places inside the box that the marble could be, so the marble in the box has a high entropy. Now suppose you put the marble in a tiny box and shook up the box. Now, even though you shook the box, you pretty much know where the marble is, because the box is small. In this case we say that the marble in the box has low entropy.

The big bang is a "theory" like gravity is a "theory", like germs are "theory", and pregnancy is a "theory". They all could be disproven by science. That's how science works. The catch is, evidence must be provided that demonstrates the untenable nature of that theory. As no evidence has made any such demonstration at this time, these "theories" are going to be relied upon for their model building applications, like it has been for many years.

Entropy, on the other hand, is a measure of the "disorder" of a system. What "disorder refers to is really the number of different microscopic states a system can be in, given that the system has a particular fixed composition, volume, energy, pressure, and temperature. By "microscopic states", we mean the exact states of all the molecules making up the system
        Again, because we can't see which particular microscopic state a system is in, people often like to say that entropy is quantitative measure of how uncertain or ignorant one is about the exact, detailed, microscopic state of a system. Or, another popular way of saying this is that entropy measures the microscopic disorder of a system.
        As a simple example, suppose that you put a marble in a large box, and shook the box around, and you didn't look inside afterwards. Then the marble could be anywhere in the box. Because the box is large, there are many possible places inside the box that the marble could be, so the marble in the box has a high entropy. Now suppose you put the marble in a tiny box and shook up the box. Now, even though you shook the box, you pretty much know where the marble is, because the box is small. In this case we say that the marble in the box has low entropy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
          That's not how you stated it. You said if you don't fit the status quo, you can't claim something so if you're black and 'acting white' then you're not really black. Would you care to go back and say "Yeah, I'm an idiot. Being a Christian is like having O Neg blood. I don't have to believe you have it, you know if you do or not and we won't find out unless it's immediately necessary to survival."
          Apples to oranges comparison there Frost. Again if Christianity was more real than any other religion it would not be in a decline.

Comment

• LOL @ John getting crap from Athiests, Agnostics AND Believers in this thread!

Comment

Apples to oranges comparison there Frost. Again if Christianity was more real than any other religion it would not be in a decline.
              Again, how does the validity of a religion's content correlate with the amount of followers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
                When copy/pasting full paragraphs you should quote-box it... or at least italicize it - unless you want everyone to think you wrote it yourself.

Don't worry... we'll keep you honest

http://www.nmsea.org/Curriculum/Prim...is_entropy.htm
                Forgot to add the source. Thanks for posting it up for me.

Some other bits were pulled from here, as well http://www.nmsea.org/Curriculum/Prim..._of_energy.htm.
                Scientists do not coddle ideas. They crash test them. They run them into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour and then examine the pieces.

If the idea is sound, the pieces will be that of the wall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
                  When copy/pasting full paragraphs you should quote-box it... or at least italicize it - unless you want everyone to think you wrote it yourself.
                  Originally posted by Maddhattter View Post
                  Forgot to add the source. Thanks for posting it up for me.

Some other bits were pulled from here, as well http://www.nmsea.org/Curriculum/Prim..._of_energy.htm.
                  Lmao
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                    What Mongoose just did is make an argumentum ad populum, a logical fallacy.

Speaking of psychology...
                    That whole adage about not discussing religion and politics in public has it's root in self delusion.

The Illusion of Asymmetric Insight

The Misconception: You celebrate diversity and respect others’ points of view.
                    The Truth: You are driven to create and form groups and then believe others are wrong just because they are others.

"You see yourself as part of some groups and not others, and you spend a lot of time defining outsiders. The way you see others is deeply affected by something psychologists call the illusion of asymmetric insight"

"The illusion of asymmetric insight makes it seem as though you know everyone else far better than they know you, and not only that, but you know them better than they know themselves. You believe the same thing about groups of which you are a member. As a whole, your group understands outsiders better than outsiders understand your group, and you understand the group better than its members know the group to which they belong."

"researchers explained this is how one eventually arrives at the illusion of naive realism, or believing your thoughts and perceptions are true, accurate and correct, therefore if someone sees things differently than you or disagrees with you in some way it is the result of a bias or an influence or a shortcoming. You feel like the other person must have been tainted in some way, otherwise they would see the world the way you do – the right way. The illusion of asymmetrical insight clouds your ability to see the people you disagree with as nuanced and complex. You tend to see your self and the groups you belong to in shades of gray, but others and their groups as solid and defined primary colors lacking nuance or complexity."

"In a political debate you feel like the other side just doesn’t get your point of view, and if they could only see things with your clarity, they would understand and fall naturally in line with what you believe. They must not understand, because if they did they wouldn’t think the things they think. By contrast, you believe you totally get their point of view and you reject it. You see it in all its detail and understand it for what it is – stupid. You don’t need to hear them elaborate. So, each side believes they understand the other side better than the other side understands both their opponents and themselves."
                    The Misconception:  You celebrate diversity and respect others’ points of view. The Truth: You are driven to create and form groups and then believe others are wrong just because they are oth…

Comment

Again if Christianity was more real than any other religion it would not be in a decline.
                      Two things...

1.) Is Christianity really declining?
                      2.) Islam is growing at a faster rate. Does that make it more real?

Originally posted by Pew Research Center - Religion & Public Life

Islam, the world's fastest-growing faith, will leap from 1.6 billion (in 2010) to 2.76 billion by 2050, according to the Pew study. At that time, Muslims will make up nearly one-third of the world's total projected population of about 9 billion people.

Christianity is expected to grow, too, but not at Islam's explosive rate. The Pew study predicts Christians will increase from 2.17 billion to 2.92 billion, composing more than 31% of the world's population.

This means that by 2050, more than 6 out of 10 people on Earth will be Christian or Muslim. And, for perhaps the first time in history, Islam and Christianity would boast roughly equal numbers

As of 2010, nearly a third of the world's population identified as Christian. But if demographic trends persist, Islam will close the gap by the middle of the 21st century.

A new Pew study looks at future religious trends and predicts that Christians and Muslims will be roughly equal in number by 2050.

Also from that study:
                      Atheists, agnostics and religiously unaffiliated people will increase in the United States (from 16% to 26%) but decline as a share of the total worldwide population

Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
                      Again if Christianity was more real than any other religion it would not be in a decline.
                      Equally shitty logic = Christianity is MOST real because it has the most people.
                      As of 2010, Christianity was by far the world’s largest religion, with an estimated 2.2 billion adherents, nearly a third (31%) of all 6.9 billion people on Earth. Islam was second, with 1.6 billion adherents, or 23% of the global population.
                      Last edited by Strychnine; 04-20-2015, 02:10 PM.

Comment

I would like to see your study backing up your statement and sample size
                        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                          I would like to see your study backing up your statement and sample size
                          And I would like to see yours that prove it`s true.

If it was true... then it would have been there since the dawn of time, universal, and not filled with a history of violence and forced worship. Kind of makes this whole conversation meaningless because if it were true... Then it wouldnt be happening.

This thread was about why Christianity was better than Islam, my opinion is they are both equally fabricated, devoid of anything useful to humanity, and nothing more than tools used to control the masses. However, some people dont like what they believe being called that. I can respect someone`s opinion, I ask that you respect mine.

Comment

And I would like to see yours that prove it`s true.

If it was true... then it would have been there since the dawn of time, universal, and not filled with a history of violence and forced worship. Kind of makes this whole conversation meaningless because if it were true... Then it wouldnt be happening.

This thread was about why Christianity was better than Islam, my opinion is they are both equally fabricated, devoid of anything useful to humanity, and nothing more than tools used to control the masses. However, some people dont like what they believe being called that. I can respect someone`s opinion, I ask that you respect mine.
                            But... you're not stating an opinion.

Comment

• Goddammit, will one of you two fucks change your avatar. I associate users with avatars and you're fucking my shit up!

Comment

• You made me wonder what mine is. I've had this shit turned off for years. And signatures.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X