Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The King View Post
    ^^^^^

You'd think this was a thread about baseball the way this guy is throwing a hissy fit
    Never went to college and had live in the dorm with nerds and deal their all nighter debates about insignificant tangibles have you?

Comment

• So any christians taken a swing at you lately with their sabre? Maybe kidnapped you, forced you to wear an orange jumpsuit? I'd avoid the churches if I were you.
      WH

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
        What part of "less than" is so confusing to you stupid mofos? And the "less than" of the first law means the first law isn't true. It's also why no one has ever built a Carnot engine or perpetual motion machine because it's fucking impossible. The Carnot engine fits the first law perfectly but nothing in nature or real or tangible does.

You guys must still believe in Santa too.

Less than just what the fuck does that mean to you idiots? What fucking universe does less than equal conserved?
        Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
        Never went to college and had live in the dorm with nerds and deal their all nighter debates about insignificant tangibles have you?
        My nerd brethren in college dorms were mainly mathematics/computer science types, and I don't recall them resorting to the f-bomb as a substitute for substance in their debates amongst themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
          What part of "less than" is so confusing to you stupid mofos? And the "less than" of the first law means the first law isn't true.

Less than just what the fuck does that mean to you idiots? What fucking universe does less than equal conserved?
          You're still blowing my mind with this shit.

Do you really think you understand the laws of thermodynamics more than the brightest minds in the world who work with this stuff every day? Are you REALLY telling us that the second law of thermodynamics negates the first law, but rather than calling the entropy rules "first law, rev.1" they left the incorrect one there as #1 and just made a #2 for fun?

Because

no accurately and properly conducted experiment has ever detected a violation of the [first] law. Consequently, within its scope of applicability, the law is so reliably established, that, nowadays, rather than experiment being considered as testing the accuracy of the law, it is far more practical and realistic to think of the law as testing the accuracy of experiment. An experimental result that seems to violate the law may be assumed to be inaccurate or wrongly conceived, for example due to failure to consider an important physical factor.

Or are you trying to get at the fact that we do not work with ideal systems and the second law came into being because of that? Because if so, your communication skills seriously blow.

We can imagine thermodynamic processes which conserve energy but which never occur in nature. For example, if we bring a hot object into contact with a cold object, we observe that the hot object cools down and the cold object heats up until an equilibrium is reached. The transfer of heat goes from the hot object to the cold object. We can imagine a system, however, in which the heat is instead transferred from the cold object to the hot object, and such a system does not violate the first law of thermodynamics. The cold object gets colder and the hot object gets hotter, but energy is conserved. Obviously we don't encounter such a system in nature and to explain this and similar observations, thermodynamicists proposed a second law of thermodynamics. Clasius, Kelvin, and Carnot proposed various forms of the second law to describe the particular physics problem that each was studying.
          http://exploration.grc.nasa.gov/educ...t/thermo2.html

Because if that's what you're trying to say, you should know that it still does not make the first law untrue. The energy still exists satisfying the first law - that does not mean it can be used to do anything useful, but it still exists.
          Last edited by Strychnine; 04-22-2015, 07:41 AM.

Comment

• People I would argue physics/thermodynamics with
            1) People not named Matt/Strychnine
            2) AnthonyS

Comment

• You know what I've always loved about this board? When one dumbass leaves, another enters and just can't wait to fill the retardation void. It is like they try to outdo each other, just to be the board's newest token retard.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                You know what I've always loved about this board? When one dumbass leaves, another enters and just can't wait to fill the retardation void. It is like they try to outdo each other, just to be the board's newest token retard.
                Life is about the little things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                  So any christians taken a swing at you lately with their sabre? Maybe kidnapped you, forced you to wear an orange jumpsuit? I'd avoid the churches if I were you.

Sorry Gasser, this thread has been hijacked by people slugging it out with calculators, slide rules, and chest pounding on whom is the bigger nerd. We`ll have to continue that one later.

For now, grab a chair and enjoy. Will you pass me the popcorn?
                  Last edited by Mongoose; 04-22-2015, 12:06 PM.

Comment

My nerd brethren in college dorms were mainly mathematics/computer science types, and I don't recall them resorting to the f-bomb as a substitute for substance in their debates amongst themselves.
                    That was the old school.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
                      Sorry Gasser, this thread has been hijacked by people slugging it out with calculators, slide rules, and chest pounding on whom is the bigger nerd. We`ll have to continue that one later.

For now, grab a chair and enjoy. Will you pass me the popcorn?
                      I know, and none of it matters, they're all just making themselves look like dumbasses.
                      WH

Comment

That was the old school.
                        Certainly was, Jimmy Carter was POTUS at the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                          I know, and none of it matters, they're all just making themselves look like dumbasses.

True.. But I`m actually enjoying this.

I want to hear what these guys say caused the intial reaction that caused the " Big Bang Theory" that supposedly started the chain reaction to all of us being here.

Fire away gentlemen!

Comment

Certainly was, Jimmy Carter was POTUS at the time.
                            The Peanut Man that fought the killer rabbit! Sweet!

Video won't embed on here... click link to directly go to youtube

We like to call these great and telling tales because they are.

Comment

I want to hear what these guys say caused the intial reaction that caused the " Big Bang Theory" that supposedly started the chain reaction to all of us being here.

Fire away gentlemen!
                              The answer is "I don't know."

Comment

Fire away gentlemen!
                                Im not sure what caused the big bang theory... but the cause of idiocracy is clear. Key example.

Some guy posted this...

"What are some things that would help this car look wise"

Can't remeber where that was posted but who would think a v6 mustang would or could look wise. Only good thing ever about a v6 mustang is the 18/19 year old chick driving it.

Comment

Working...
                                X