Here you go you dumbs$%&#@

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
    Can you point out where it says he fulfilled them? Jesus is a documented liar, after all.
    The prededing verse:

Matthew 5:17 (KJV)
    Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
      The prededing verse:

Matthew 5:17 (KJV)
      Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
      Yeah, and I've come to have sex with Natalie Dormer, but that doesn't mean I've actually done it.

Comment

Mark 13:24-27 and 30. The sun still shines, the stars still exist, the rapture hasn't happened, and we've had multitudes of generations. Jesus is a liar.
        Since you conveniently omitted the following verse:

Mark 13:32 (KJV)
        But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

and from Matthew

Matthew 24:36 (KJV)
        But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Suggest the OP return and take up Biblical questions, since this is after all his thread.

Comment

Since you conveniently omitted the following verse:

Mark 13:32 (KJV)
          But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

and from Matthew

Matthew 24:36 (KJV)
          But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
          And you ignored the part where he said it would all happen before that generation passed.

Comment

Mark 13:24-27 and 30. The sun still shines, the stars still exist, the rapture hasn't happened, and we've had multitudes of generations. Jesus is a liar.

I think you were molested by a priest as a kid or something. So the rapture hasn't happened yet. There is no set in stone date that was given. The timing of the rapture is highly debated in religious circles. That doesn't make Jesus a liar. I feel silly pointing this out to you, given that I'm not even a Christian. You should find somewhere worthwhile to channel your anger other than militant atheism.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              I think you were molested by a priest as a kid or something. So the rapture hasn't happened yet. There is no set in stone date that was given. The timing of the rapture is highly debated in religious circles. That doesn't make Jesus a liar. I feel silly pointing this out to you, given that I'm not even a Christian. You should find somewhere worthwhile to channel your anger other than militant atheism.
              He's as misguided on this subject as Gasser, just in a different manner.

Comment

So I guess the part where he said it would happen before that generation passed means nothing?

Fuck me for applying logic to something inherently illogical, right!?

Comment

So I guess the part where he said it would happen before that generation passed means nothing?

The verses you quoted said nothing about when it would happen. As The King pointed out, you also omitted the following verse that specifically says nobody knows when it will happen.

You're as bad about picking and choosing what applies to your narrative as Christians, and Gasser64 are.

Comment

And you ignored the part where he said it would all happen before that generation passed.

There are quite a few scholarly interpretations of parts of the Olivet prophecies / Olivet discourse. re: "generations"

Is he speaking of the generation present in front of him hearing him speak, or is he speaking of the generation that will be present when the end times come... as that's the subject of that entire passage?
                    This quote of Jesus in regards to the end times is found in Matthew 24:34; Mark 13:30; and Luke 21:32. Jesus said, "Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place." The key to understanding what Jesus means is the context; that is, we must understand the verses that are surrounding verse 34, but especially the verses prior to it. In Matthew 24:4-31, Jesus is speaking of future events. The generation of people living when those events occur is the generation that Jesus speaks of "not passing" until He returns. Jesus had already told those living during His earthly ministry that the kingdom had been taken from them (Matthew 21:43). Therefore, it is imperative that Matthew 24-25 be seen as speaking of a future time. The word “generation” refers to the people alive in the future when the events of Matthew 24-25 will occur.
                    Or maybe those things were actually fulfilled in the first century AD?

Or could it be language nuances?
                    What if when Jesus used the word "generation'' (Greek genea), He didn't mean the same thing that we mean? What if He wasn't using "generation'' to refer to a group of people all living at the same period of history?

According to Archer, sometimes genea ("generation'') was used as a synonym of genos ("race,'' "stock,'' "nation,'' "people''). Archer writes, ... Thus, Jesus' words might be rendered, "This people shall not pass away until all these things are fulfilled.'' In that rendering, He could have been referring to the Jewish people (which is the most likely given the context) or to the Church - for both Israel and the Church are given divine promises that they would remain in existence until the end of time (Jeremiah 31:35-37; Matthew 16:18).
                    Maybe the issue is the use of the word "this" instead of "that" in the verse. "That" would make this a non-issue for you, right?
                    30 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

I don't have your answer; just saying that "he's a liar" is maybe a bit farfetched.
                    Last edited by Strychnine; 04-16-2015, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                      Jesus and Mohammed are equally worthless.
                      Pump your brakes, kid.

Jesus does a fantastic job on my lawn for an extremely reasonable rate.

Comment

Speaking of fatwas, are there any outstanding right now, or have the Iranian Supreme Leader and his subordinate mullahs mellowed out some in the past thirty years? That Ayatollah Khomeini was always one stern-looking dude back in the day.

Comment

Except jesus wasn't your get out of jail free card. He was your attorney as you say, and as your attorney he told you to follow all of the laws set forth by the governing body (Yahweh).

Why do people need explaining what THEIR holy book says. Jesus christ, it's like they've never read the fucking thing.
                          HE also said that he has paid our fine and served our time. We're not going to go to jail over our actions but we are to try to live as He did. He knows we can't but it's a goal. He is our get out of jail free card. All fines paid, all time served, no double jeopardy.
                          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

I'm not defending Islam. I'm only saying you can't say one is peaceful, and the other is evil. Doing so completely disregards the Old Testament, the Crusades, etc.

The Crusades wiped out 1% of the world's population. I could be wrong, but I do not believe Islam is responsible for the same amount of deaths. You have a very hillbilly view of Islam, and an uneducated view of Christianty in general, based solely on your posts in this thread.
                            You do realize the Crusades were a response to Islam correct? I have a very educated view of Islam (been there) and am always studying the Bible and scripture. I know both sources though I admittedly have applied more time in study of one than the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                              You do realize the Crusades were a response to Islam correct?

Not necessarily a response to Islam. It was to take back the Holy Land, which Muslims were in control of. That does not justify what followed, however.

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                              I have a very educated view of Islam (been there) and am always studying the Bible and scripture. I know both sources though I admittedly have applied more time in study of one than the other.
                              That wasn't meant to be directed at you. It was intended for the OP, but I wasn't clear.

Comment

Speaking of fatwas, are there any outstanding right now, or have the Iranian Supreme Leader and his subordinate mullahs mellowed out some in the past thirty years? That Ayatollah Khomeini was always one stern-looking dude back in the day.
                                There's quite a few but that's the neat thing about Islam. There's really no bedrock. One fatwa can override another with no stability. Even the Koran is open to change as a high ranking Imam decides. One could actually conceivably come out and outlaw pedophilia and violence against non Muslims and it'd have the force of Momo himself.

Comment

Working...
                                X