Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denny
    replied
    So, a decline in the number of believers makes the message untrue, then explain the booming number of believers after Christ's death and resurrection. It must have been true back then (by your logic).

Leave a comment:

• Mongoose
    replied
    Originally posted by Denny View Post
    No, I'm referring your passive agressiveness to a lot of what you're spewing on this site since your arrival (possibly a former run-off returning with an alias).

I still don't understand the correlation between the message being true or not simply because of the amount of believers. I guess it would have made it true at one point, but not the other? Please!

Your Titanic comparison is equally nonsensical. I'm not sure if I'm discussing this with a person mentally equipped to handle this discussion. No offense, but I just think you're either not all there or don't have the capacity of really understanding what is being discussed.
    No, I am not a former run off. This is my first time on here.

If Christianity is true, then people wouldnt be saying they believe in it, then running away from it as documented in the decline of attendance as compared to 25, 50, or even 100 years ago. Disagree with that all you want, but that decline is a provable fact. I`m sorry, you cant tell me that a religion is correct ( or real ) when roughly 2/3 of the people claiming it fail to show for any service when the Bible gives specific instruction to not forsake the assembly. Then half of the remaining 1/3 that does show never tithes as instructed.

No offense taken, this is the internet and sometimes that causes misunderstandings. You`re free to think that, and I`m free to think what I choose of you. We`re both adults and can agree to disagree.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
    So you are saying that despite all the facts showing that Christianity is in serious decline today ( and for the forseable future ) is irrelevant because the message is true?

It sounds more like the Titanic already hit the iceburg, and people have realised the number of lifeboats left is a very small number.

PS. Please dont confuse passive aggressive with someone trying to have an actual conversation with you.
    No, I'm referring your passive agressiveness to a lot of what you're spewing on this site since your arrival (possibly a former run-off returning with an alias).

I still don't understand the correlation between the message being true or not simply because of the amount of believers. I guess it would have made it true at one point, but not the other? Please!

Your Titanic comparison is equally nonsensical. I'm not sure if I'm discussing this with a person mentally equipped to handle this discussion. No offense, but I just think you're either not all there or don't have the capacity of really understanding what is being discussed.

Leave a comment:

• Mongoose
    replied
    Your "logic" is nonsensical.
    So you are saying that despite all the facts showing that Christianity is in serious decline today ( and for the forseable future ) is irrelevant because the message is true?

It sounds more like the Titanic already hit the iceburg, and people have realised the number of lifeboats left is a very small number.

PS. Please dont confuse passive aggressive with someone trying to have an actual conversation with you.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Yes it does prove it untrue.

If it was... There would not be the decline you are seeing
    Your "logic" is nonsensical.

Leave a comment:

• Mongoose
    replied
    So again... does that make it untrue? You're really good about beating around the bushes and even better at being passive agressive. Just answer the dang question.
    Yes it does prove it untrue.

If it was... There would not be the decline you are seeing

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    So what's the point? If he knows the outcome what is the point of any of this?
    Really?

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Oh yes it did!
    K

Leave a comment:

• Craizie
    replied
    Duh...
    So what's the point? If he knows the outcome what is the point of any of this?

Leave a comment:

• Mongoose
    replied
    That didn't happen.
    Oh yes it did!

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    It might be your particular church is doing ok, but overall attendance is down. Very simple to research.

In America, most people identify as Christian, but 75-80% do not attend regularly- or in many cases a regular church.

What you end up with is people saying they are something, when the way they are voting with their feet tells another story.

The average chruch in America looks like this:

Roughly 2/3 of people on the membership list DO NOT attend regulary.

Of the 1/3 that DO attend... Roughly half dont tithe.

The vast majority of the people showing up for service are women.

Half of the couples in the Church... The Husband only attends semi-regularly

Most kids that are raised in the church leave it the minute they leave home, and unlike in the past where they came back after getting married and having a family.... They arent...Or not getting married at all.

Single people are shunned in most churches - except in the larger ones, that have a singles ministry. These are the ones that actually are thriving right now.

So if 2/3 of people that claim membership in the average church seldom go, and only half of the 1/3 that do show up tithe. Compared to how it was in the past how can you make the case that this religion is not in decline in much the same way Greek Mythology was around the time Constantine converted to mythology?

I say the hard evidence shows above that people are walking away from a message they no longer find believable. Most ( like myself ) wont admit to it though.
    So again... does that make it untrue? You're really good about beating around the bushes and even better at being passive agressive. Just answer the dang question.

Leave a comment:

• Mongoose
    replied
    I haven't noticed attendance down. Either way, it's up to the person to believe, no matter what the deal is. Does a low attendance mean it's not true?
    It might be your particular church is doing ok, but overall attendance is down. Very simple to research.

In America, most people identify as Christian, but 75-80% do not attend regularly- or in many cases a regular church.

What you end up with is people saying they are something, when the way they are voting with their feet tells another story.

The average chruch in America looks like this:

Roughly 2/3 of people on the membership list DO NOT attend regulary.

Of the 1/3 that DO attend... Roughly half dont tithe.

The vast majority of the people showing up for service are women.

Half of the couples in the Church... The Husband only attends semi-regularly

Most kids that are raised in the church leave it the minute they leave home, and unlike in the past where they came back after getting married and having a family.... They arent...Or not getting married at all.

Single people are shunned in most churches - except in the larger ones, that have a singles ministry. These are the ones that actually are thriving right now.

So if 2/3 of people that claim membership in the average church seldom go, and only half of the 1/3 that do show up tithe. Compared to how it was in the past how can you make the case that this religion is not in decline in much the same way Greek Mythology was around the time Constantine converted to mythology?

I say the hard evidence shows above that people are walking away from a message they no longer find believable. Most wont admit to it though.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Ive been to Detroit... It wasnt all that bad

Hell other the otherhand is having a nice sunny sunday after some rather sh*tty weather wanting to mow grass, wax the mustang, BBQ, enjoy a day off, etc. Only to have 3 different people from 3 different churches come and interrupt me to tell me what level of Hell I`m going to for not attending their church.

You might enjoy that though, so YMMV.
    That didn't happen.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    Do you believe God is all powerful and all knowing?
    Duh...

Leave a comment:

• Craizie
    replied
    Do you believe God is all powerful and all knowing?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X