Baltimore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    So if a cop looks at me and I run they can chance and detain you for that?
    Dunno. Just saying that's what occurred.

I've never tried.
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostTX View Post

I've never tried.
      I do have the advantage of my whiteness, so I might not be the best test subject.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
        What police got runt off? I still see Jimmy and few others still posting from time to time. The only one that got runt off, ran himself off when he started fucking another member while he was still married...
        that may be an exaggeration, Jimmy and Jason are still posting, but they tend to stay out of the FTP debates.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
          So if a cop looks at me and I run they can chance and detain you for that?
          You're sure as hell going to get their attention, especially if you've been detained recently and you have an extensive arrest record. It should be considered good police work at that point. He wasn't a stranger to the po-po.

Comment

I've never tried.
            SCOTUS says running away in a known high crime area is enough to warrant chase.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              I wish we hadnt ran off all our police here, Id sure like to hear what they would say about running away. Seems like PC to detain for ID to me?
              LOL I have just been busy on projects. Plus I don't like to weigh in on high profile shit unless I have read all the facts. It maintains our delicate balance. When it came out that he made eye contact and then ran, I said hmmmmm sounds iffy, I will wait to here all of the facts.

Depends on the time of day, area he was in, what was going on etc. Middle of the day, sun is shinning, low crime area, your just walking down the street. Fuck it, make eye contact and run all you want. Maybe you had to go home and pee. Give me the finger, turn and run off, no problem. MAybe you just don't like cops. High crime area, lots of dope slinging, just slapped hands with a local drug dealer, Reasonable suspicion. Same reason I can stop a car 4 deep, rolling out of a closed business district at 2am. Even you guys would find that suspicious right?

Reasonable suspicion is a legal standard of proof in United States law that is less than probable cause, the legal standard for arrests and warrants, but more than an "inchoate and unparticularized suspicion or 'hunch'";[1] it must be based on "specific and articulable facts", "taken together with rational inferences from those facts",[2] and the suspicion must be associated with the specific individual.[3] If police additionally have reasonable suspicion that a person so detained is armed and dangerous, they may "frisk" the person for weapons, but not for contraband like drugs. Reasonable suspicion is evaluated using the "reasonable person" or "reasonable officer" standard,[4] in which said person in the same circumstances could reasonably suspect a person has been, is, or is about to be engaged in criminal activity; it depends upon the totality of circumstances, and can result from a combination of particular facts, even if each is individually innocuous.
              Last edited by kingjason; 05-01-2015, 02:38 PM.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• After his arrest, Freddie Gray suffered a fatal spinal injury in the back of a police van. Neurosurgeons explain how such an injury might occur.

It is hard to quantify how much force it would take to break a human spine, Bydon said. But studies have shown, he added, that it would require a force greater than 3,000 newtons to fracture the cervical spine. That’s equal to the impact created by a 500-pound car crashing into a wall at 30 miles per hour.

Comment

• One of my cousins fell off his stopped dirt bike because he lost footing, and snapped his spine.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• damn, sorry to hear that. RIP to your cousin.

Comment

Only after the foot pursuit. Apparently, just making eye contact with him caused him to bolt.
                      Once again, I thought they came upon him urinating in public. Where does this "only eye contact then ran" part come from?
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                        damn, sorry to hear that. RIP to your cousin.
                        gonna not let you walk into that one. I assume your cousin survived that. And i assume he was able to get fairly quick medical attention. This is where this case comes into question, and i believe the idea behind the "murder-by-depraved-heart" or whatever it was called.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                          gonna not let you walk into that one. I assume your cousin survived that. And i assume he was able to get fairly quick medical attention. This is where this case comes into question, and i believe the idea behind the "murder-by-depraved-heart" or whatever it was called.
                          unfortunately he died right where he landed, in front of his dad and sister.

Comment

• i take that back, RIP to your cousin.

Comment

• I thought it was a crime to run from the police, albeit a stupid rule. Maybe foot vs. vehicle is where it differs in a crime or not. Now if they run in a vehicle and put peoples lives in danger whether he committed a crime or not is stupid and SHOULD be. Foot running should not if determined no crime had been committed.

Comment

• In his defense.. they were just bike cops. I've run from a few of them via bike out on the lake.

Comment

Working...
                                X