No announcement yet.

Obama considering Executive Action on Gun Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if I consign my collection to an auction house to sell, am I a dealer?
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Is there any evidence that the idiot in Oregon got his guns from someone who sold more than a hundred a year but was not a dealer? No, of course not, this is just another opportunity to try to push an agenda.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
        Is there any evidence that the idiot in Oregon got his guns from someone who sold more than a hundred a year but was not a dealer? No, of course not, this is just another opportunity to try to push an agenda.
        That's a given, these days.

Comment

Reminds me of the movies.

Guy threatens another guy with murder saying he'll get away with it because

"You see this? This is an unregistered firearm. I could do anything to you with this, and they'd never know it was me".
          WH

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            Exactly, they have to figure out a sneaky way to register guns first.
            If only there was a form they could make you fill out when you bought a gun from a dealer with your name, address, DL #, SSN, make and model of the gun etc...

https://www.atf.gov/file/61446/download

Surely they would never populate a database with that information since it would be illegal to do so.

Comment

They checked me for a felony, and had the results back in seconds. This was in 2006.

The question is, where is that data now? If they input my info for a felony check, then someone, somewhere, knows I bought a gun. Either whoever they checked with, or the gun store itself. Both could tell ol big brother that I bought that gun, if he were so inclined to ask.

Granted they've no way of knowing if I still have it, but still. People who bought guns this year, yeah there is a very strong chance they've still got it.
              WH

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
                If only there was a form they could make you fill out when you bought a gun from a dealer with your name, address, DL #, SSN, make and model of the gun etc...

https://www.atf.gov/file/61446/download

Surely they would never populate a database with that information since it would be illegal to do so.
                I get it, but there is no known database compiling all ffl purchase info.

Even if there was, a record of purchasers does not equal firearm registration.

Comment

Working...
                X