Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Christians and Muslims Worship the Same God?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

Isaiah 55:8

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
      If there is a God he certainly doesn't deserve our praise.
      Well there is the whole free will thing. Personally I'd rather not have some omnipotent deity wiping my ass for me.
      WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
        Well there is the whole free will thing. Personally I'd rather not have some omnipotent deity wiping my ass for me.
        I don't believe in any part of this fairy tale we call Christianity, but what has he done for us that was so grand? If you look at the bible from an objective view he sounds like an absolute fucking loon.

The below is not OC.

God: Kill your son
        Abraham: Uh...ok
        God: Holy shit I'm jk
        Abraham: umm...
        God: I'll probably kill mine tho lol
        Abraham: WTF?
        Last edited by Craizie; 12-24-2015, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
          That's the idea touted by most every Christian pastor, teacher or scholar I've ever spoken too.

I still have a hard time handling the issue of God allowing newborn children to starve, die of AIDS, be molested by sickos or blown up by jihadis..... What choice did they have? Where is their freedom of choice? How is that benevolent or loving of God? So umpteen generations of innocents have to pay for the sins of Adam and Eve? I'm not sure that jibes with the story of Jesus and forgiveness all to well. This is the one reason I'm largely undecided if there is one almighty awesome God.
          Pretty much this, plus I find the sudde switch from old testement wrath and killing to new tesetment hippie campfire hugs to be a bit bipolar. One of the many reasons I identify as agnostic and am largly undecided. There may be a god, but I am certain the major religions have it wrong.
          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Denny's theme song:

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
              I don't believe in any part of this fairy tale we call Christianity, but what has he done for us that was so grand? If you look at the bible from an objective view he sounds like an absolute fucking loon.

The below is not OC.

God: Kill your son
              Abraham: Uh...ok
              God: Holy shit I'm jk
              Abraham: umm...
              God: I'll probably kill min tho lol
              Abraham: WTF?
              God, the original "IT'S JUST A PRANK BRO!"
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                Denny's Theme Song:

The lulz, you gets them all.
                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
                X