NY Cop convicted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY Cop convicted

This is a different one. Supposedly an accidental shot that ricoched down a stair well to the next floor and hit a guy in the chest.

odd parts.

Liang said he drew his pistol as he and his partner patrolled the darkened 8th floor stairwell of the Louis H. Pink Houses in Brooklyn. He said he flinched when he was startled by a noise, which he said caused the gun to fire.

The bullet ricocheted off of the stairwell wall and struck Gurley, who was on the seventh floor. Gurley, who was unarmed, died from a wound in his chest.

Liang tearfully recounted the shooting in court, claiming his finger was never on the trigger.

"I was panicking. I was in shock, in disbelief that someone was actually hit," he told jurors.

Liang and his partner testified they didn't realize anyone had been shot for several minutes and said they didn't try to perform CPR on Gurley because they felt untrained.

Given the mandatory required trigger spring for Ny cops sidearms, no fucking way it went off by itself.
    sigpic

Comment

I hate huffington post...But i love accountability...flinched and killed someone with a ricochet my ass.

Comment

That stellar NYC training must've skipped Rule 3.

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
          That stellar NYC training must've skipped Rule 3.

I dont think he skipped any of the rules. Cock sucker knew what he was doing.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
            I dont think he skipped any of the rules. Cock sucker knew what he was doing.
            Please, provide us with your forensic insight into this case, if you don't mind.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
              Please, provide us with your forensic insight into this case, if you don't mind.
              I don't feed trolls and I don't save hoes. So you're fucked on both counts.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                I don't feed trolls and I don't save hoes. So you're fucked on both counts.
                So you don't have any, and are just operating on a "feeling", got'cha.
                FTP, right?
                sigpic

Comment

I remember this case. From what I have read the officer was a straight arrow and did not try to cover up his mistake and admitted culpability from day one. It is a sad day when one life is unjustly ended and another one is ruined.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

Working...
                    X