X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pope VS. Trump

Trump just doesnt know when to stop.

Pope:
    Speaking aboard his papal plane after visiting Mexico, the pope was asked specifically about Trump's proposal. "A person who only thinks about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian," he said, according to reporters who were on the plane with the pontiff.

The pope stressed that he was not suggesting whom American voters should support in the election: "I am not going to get involved in that. I would only say that this man is not Christian if he has said things like that."
    Trump:
    Trump responded to the pope's comments quickly, putting out a campaign statement that "for a religious leader to question a person’s faith is disgraceful.”

Trump also accused Mexico of "using the pope as a pawn," saying at a press conference that Mexicans, "should be ashamed of themselves."

The Associated Press

Asked about Donald Trump’s views on immigration, Pope Francis says anyone who wants to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border isn’t Christian.

Trump has promised, if elected president, to build a wall along the Mexican border from Texas to California and expel 11 million people who are in the country illegally. The pope’s comments en route home from Mexico came hours after he prayed at the Mexico-U.S. border for migrants who died trying to reach the United States.

“A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian,” Francis said. “This is not in the Gospel.”

Not having heard Trump’s border plans independently, Francis said he’d “give him the benefit of the doubt.” But he added:

“I’d just say that this man is not Christian if he said it this way.”

Trump’s campaign was quick to respond with a written statement that criticized the pope:

“For a religious leader to question a person’s faith is disgraceful. I am proud to be a Christian and as president I will not allow Christianity to be consistently attacked and weakened, unlike what is happening now, with our current president. No leader, especially a religious leader, should have the right to question another man’s religion or faith.”

The pope was asked: “Can a good Catholic vote for this man?” Francis responded in part: “A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian. This is not in the Gospel. As far as what you said about whether I would advise to vote or not to vote, I am not going to get involved in that. I say only that this man is not Christian if he said things like that. We must see if he said things in that way and in this I give the benefit of the doubt.”

Trump’s statement suggested the pope might be wise to be on his side: “If and when the Vatican is attacked by ISIS, which as everyone knows is ISIS’ ultimate trophy, I can promise you that the pope would have only wished and prayed that Donald Trump would have been president because this would not have happened. ISIS would have been eradicated unlike what is happening now with our all-talk, no-action politicians.”

Trump’s statement went on to attack Mexican officials:

“The Mexican government and its leadership has made many disparaging remarks about me to the pope, because they want to continue to rip off the United States, both on trade and at the border, and they understand I am totally wise to them. The pope only heard one side of the story – he didn’t see the crime, the drug trafficking and the negative economic impact the current policies have on the United States. He doesn’t see how Mexican leadership is outsmarting President Obama and our leadership in every aspect of negotiation.”
    and of course, the Vatican Wall

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Trump - Rent free in Tremor 14's head.

Comment

not really

Comment

Get the fuck out of here! The Vatican isn't full of a bunch of hypocrites! Oh wait...

For the record I do like Pope Francis.

Comment

Comment

This is the shittiest pope I've seen to date. It's the Nancy Paloci's dream pope.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                Trump should just shake it off. Hell, the pope isn't a Christian either. He's a Catholic.
                Exactly. He never quotes from the bible and talks out of his ass.

He's just a politician.

Comment

I don't give a flying rats ass what the pope thinks about ANY of the candidates running for POLITICAL OFFICE in the US. The pope can go back to his walled in fortress and continue the centuries old practice of raping little boys and then hiding behind his double standard higher than mighty religious cult and stay the fuck out of our country.

Comment

However the name of this sub for is GOD and COUNTRY.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                        I don't give a flying rats ass what the pope thinks about ANY of the candidates running for POLITICAL OFFICE in the US. The pope can go back to his walled in fortress and continue the centuries old practice of raping little boys and then hiding behind his double standard higher than mighty religious cult and stay the fuck out of our country.
                        I concur.

Comment

The pope doesn't understand the bad part of having an open border with Mexico. He only sees what he's wants to see. Trump tells it like it is which is why a lot of people like him.

Comment

How many Syrian refugees has the Vatican taken in?

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                              and of course, the Vatican Wall

We have been to the Vatican and that wall, er, ah bridge.
                              class joke
                              {
                              private:
                              char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
                              double Peas, Carrots;
                              string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
                              };

Comment

Working...
                              X