No announcement yet.

Random POLITICAL picture of the day !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump and dems agree to reopening the govt for 3 weeks to pay workers and such while negotiating for border funding.

Styx breaks down the implications of this pretty well.

I consider this next month or two to be an inflection point in America's story. If this ends with republicans caving and no wall, then we'll have wasted the best opportunity to turn back the tide in a generation, and there may never be another politician with the stones to try again.

We either accelerate our path to collapse or *maybe* pull ourselves out of the fire, just in time.

"I carry within the folds of my toga both peace and war. Choose..." Quintus Fabius
    Last edited by sc281; 01-25-2019, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• And here's why

Tweeted by Texas' Attorney General

Last edited by sc281; 01-25-2019, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
          I hear its affecting NFA wait times, and considering i have a SilencerCo Omega 9K waiting for me, im not thrilled.
          We are sadly in the same boat... I've got a Yankee Hill Nitro 30 sitting in suppressor jail.

Comment

• MP5-SD.....

THat part sux.

Build the fucking wall.
            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
            86 SVO - Sold
            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• Comment

• Since its the dems I wouldn't be surprised if they just take nothing, that way they didn't negotiate with literally hitler
                WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                  Since its the dems I wouldn't be surprised if they just take nothing, that way they didn't negotiate with literally hitler
                  Taking nothing won't be an option. They are going to come away with the backlash of 1.2 Million DACA/TPS recipients (and their friends & family) for not taking the 3 years extension offer from Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by txminime View Post
                    Taking nothing won't be an option. They are going to come away with the backlash of 1.2 Million DACA/TPS recipients (and their friends & family) for not taking the 3 years extension offer from Trump.
                    Wall ain't going to get built even with the executive order homie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nate View Post
                      Wall ain't going to get built even with the executive order homie.
                      I'm interested in your thoughts.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                        I'm interested in your thoughts.
                        Will get tied up in legal purgatory for years.

He has to prove it's a crisis ALL OF THE SUDDEN instead of the last 2 years of his presidency when he had control of the house/senate. You know prove that all his comments are news and not "fake news".

Comment

• On top of setting the precedent for a President to seize power like this to declare something like this to get his way.

Imagine a Democratic President banning all rifles/AR 15's after a mass shooting with them...just declare an emergency and ban them. The republican's know they don't want to truly open this Pandora's box and get it up the ass when the pendulum swings the other way. Not over a border wall that none of them give a real shit about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nate View Post
                            He has to prove it's a crisis ALL OF THE SUDDEN instead of the last 2 years of his presidency when he had control of the house/senate.
                            But were there enough votes without the turncoats in the Senate?

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                              But were there enough votes without the turncoats in the Senate?
                              Maybe, maybe not. But he wasted both chances (Prior to House flipping and now the shutdown) to get it done. It won't happen is my guess/bet.

Comment

• Even with Congressional approval of the funding he's requested it would take 20+ years to get an actual wall built...plenty of time for any future POTUS to halt it. Also land condemnation proceedings, many of which would no doubt be required, take a considerable amount of time to resolve. He caved and there's no turning that back now, and has been posted above doing this by EO would set a bad precedent for the future. We'll just have to be satisfied with his considerable SCOTUS influence which will last for years to come.

Comment

Working...
                                X