No announcement yet.

Random POLITICAL picture of the day !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I keep hearing this “If he does an EO it will set a bad precedent.” Do you really believe when/if Dema get control again that they won’t do an EO Emergency Declaration anyways for anything regardless of if Trump does? As if this is going to break the ice for future Declarations. They are already lining up a future agenda and the way they get it doesn’t matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
      I keep hearing this “If he does an EO it will set a bad precedent.” Do you really believe when/if Dema get control again that they won’t do an EO Emergency Declaration anyways for anything regardless of if Trump does? As if this is going to break the ice for future Declarations. They are already lining up a future agenda and the way they get it doesn’t matter.
      Truth. The end justifies any and all means, which is why the dems are screeching about the supreme court so much.... just wait for the Ginsburg screeching. You haven’t seen anything yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
        As if this is going to break the ice for future Declarations. They are already lining up a future agenda and the way they get it doesn’t matter.
        IIRC they pretty much unofficially did that to pass Obamacare. I'm thinking he means it'll be bad because the media will go completely insane and the propaganda machines will be in hyperdrive?

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
          Also land condemnation proceedings, many of which would no doubt be required,
          I'm a bit skeptical on this one. While I do not own any border land, nor do I know anyone who does, I wonder how many land owners would complain? What is worse? Illegals on your land, or giving up a bit to ensure there aren't any?

Just a thought.
          Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
          There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Many of the south Texas landowners along the border have owned their property for generations, have coexisted with Mexican nationals, and generally are not in favor of Uncle Sam blocking their own access to the Rio Grande as well as constructing what amounts to a huge eyesore on their property. That's true even further inland from the border, there is suspicion toward allowing the federal government access to their property on the grounds that restrictions might be placed on their own use of their property.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                Truth. The end justifies any and all means, which is why the dems are screeching about the supreme court so much.... just wait for the Ginsburg screeching. You haven’t seen anything yet.
                The 1% has no interest in stopping unchecked illegal immigration, or else you would have seen major action on the following decades ago:
                1. Rounding up overstays of H1B visas
                2. Real jail time for those employing illegal workers
                3. Changes to chain migration\anchor baby rules
                4. Changes to Asylum and Refugee statuses
                5. Changes to monetary benefits of illegal\undocumented persons
                6. High tech changes at the border

Once you take away the reasons for coming in the first place, the problem resolves itself.

But since no one with any power has any interest in doing so I recommend the following 2 things:

1. In the short term - Learn Spanish
                2. In the long term - Keep plenty of ammo ready for when the Lone Star Cards stop working

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                  Many of the south Texas landowners along the border have owned their property for generations, have coexisted with Mexican nationals, and generally are not in favor of Uncle Sam blocking their own access to the Rio Grande as well as constructing what amounts to a huge eyesore on their property. That's true even further inland from the border, there is suspicion toward allowing the federal government access to their property on the grounds that restrictions might be placed on their own use of their property.
                  I would give land owners a choice. Let us build on your land without bitching and we will pay you or we will build a wall along a highway right of way that your property is considerable south of and the closest crossing will be 30 miles of driving from your front door effectively making your land valueless.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                    I'm a bit skeptical on this one. While I do not own any border land, nor do I know anyone who does, I wonder how many land owners would complain? What is worse? Illegals on your land, or giving up a bit to ensure there aren't any?

Just a thought.
                    I own about a 1000 acres of worthless land in Big Bend and would welcome anything Trump wants to do on it.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                      I own about a 1000 acres of worthless land in Big Bend and would welcome anything Trump wants to do on it.
                      I'll give you $10 for it
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                        Dfwm hunt club, I'm in.

Comment

• Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                          Dfwm hunt club, I'm in.
                          Yes.

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                          Zip code?

Did some unsuccessful hunting out there a a few months ago (unless you count jackrabbit, badger, etc) - if it's that worthless I'll buy it from you.

Last edited by Strychnine; 01-28-2019, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nate View Post
                            Wall ain't going to get built even with the executive order homie.
                            Originally posted by Nate View Post
                            Maybe, maybe not. But he wasted both chances (Prior to House flipping and now the shutdown) to get it done. It won't happen is my guess/bet.

You're assuming the repubs don't take back the house, while keeping the big gains they got in the senate. Its a fair possibility. They'll be new and different repubs, since the country is polarizing more and more.
                            WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                              Yes.

Zip code?

Did some unsuccessful hunting out there a a few months ago (unless you count jackrabbit, badger, etc) - if it's that worthless I'll buy it from you.

That looks like it. I don't know the zip code but it is south of Terlingua, Texas. My nana bought it in the 40's and lived out there sort of like the uni-bomber did years later. Even with a good thermal sight you rarely see anything alive out there except for smugglers and the occasional hard core wetback. She died Christmas eve in 96' and the place meant something to her which is why I kept it. It is also the only place I have been in the US where you can clearly see the Milky-way.
                              Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 01-28-2019, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                                You're assuming the repubs don't take back the house, while keeping the big gains they got in the senate. Its a fair possibility. They'll be new and different repubs, since the country is polarizing more and more.
                                Nah 22 seats up for republican vs 12 for Dems. They will pick up gains or flip it. The house will remain D control is my guess. 2 more years of a petulant child not getting his way and temper tantrums won't help.

Just my guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X