No announcement yet.

Random POLITICAL picture of the day !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to say it again. He needs to chill out and stop making impulsive off the cuff arbitrary statements. He's starting to set a trend of making profound accusations without any specificity. We know what's going on in Sweden because we dig and find alternative news sources, but what is important to remember is the general public does not. They get their news from MSM and Trump is doing absolutely nothing to help dissuade the opinions of people who think he's horribly misinformed. This is a cause of concern going forward. He needs to stop doing this day in and day out. He's not playing 4D chess. He's involuntarily validating the concerns of his opposition (and Independents) by letting his ego and bravado get the better of him during his speeches. He's right and he's also technically wrong a lot of the time. And everyone is having a field day with his inaccurate accounts of certain events and timelines. This is going to get tiresome and problematic moving forward. And his credibility will come into question. I voted for the guy. However, his behavior is questionable at times. And he argues with people on twitter like a 12 year old girl. He's way too sensitive to criticism for a man in his position. The bulk of his twitter feed is an embarrassment to himself. I'm embarrassed for him at times. His supporters overlook it, but everyone else does not. When you're President, you got to at least act like you know what you're doing even if you don't.

HELSINKI (AP) -- Swedes have been scratching their heads and ridiculing President Donald Trump's remarks that suggested a major incident had happened in the Scandinavian country.

During a rally in Florida on Saturday, Trump said "look what's happening last night in Sweden" as he alluded to past terror attacks in Europe. It wasn't clear what he was referring to and there were no high-profile situations reported in Sweden on Friday night.

The comment prompted a barrage of social media reaction on Sunday, with hundreds of tweets, and a local newspaper published a list of events that happened on Friday that appeared to have no connections to any terror-like activity.

Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Catarina Axelsson said that the government wasn't aware of any "terror-linked major incidents." Sweden's Security Police said it had no reason to change the terror threat level.

"Nothing has occurred which would cause us to raise that level," agency spokesman Karl Melin said.

On Sunday, Trump tweeted that what he really meant was that he was watching TV about Sweden on Friday night: "My statement as to what's happening in Sweden was in reference to a story that was broadcast on @FoxNews concerning immigrants & Sweden."

Axelsson told The Associated Press that the Swedish Embassy in Washington contacted the State Department on Sunday to request clarification of Trump's remarks and was waiting for an answer.

Former Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt tweeted , "Sweden? Terror attack? What has he been smoking? Questions abound."

Addressing Trump in an article on Sunday, the Aftonbladet tabloid wrote, "This happened in Sweden Friday night, Mr President," and then listed in English some events that included a man being treated for severe burns, an avalanche warning and police chasing a drunken driver.

One Twitter user said, "After the terrible events (hash)lastnightinSweden, IKEA have sold out of this" and posted a mock Ikea instruction manual on how to build a "Border Wall."

Sweden, which has a long reputation for welcoming refugees and migrants, had a record 163,000 asylum applications in 2015. The country has since cut back on the number it annually accepts.

Its most recent attack linked to extremism happened in the capital, Stockholm, in December 2010. An Iraqi-born Swede detonated two explosive devices, including one that killed him but no one else.

At the rally, Trump told his followers to look at what was happening in Germany, where a truck attack at a Berlin Christmas market killed 12 people. He also mentioned Paris, Brussels and Nice, in apparent reference to the terror attacks there.

The president didn't specify what was supposed to have happened in Sweden, simply saying "Sweden, who would believe this, Sweden."

Over the past few weeks, Trump counselor Kellyanne Conway has also referred to a "Bowling Green Massacre" that never occurred, and she was caught up in a public feud with CNN.

Former foreign minister Bildt told Swedish Radio after his initial confounded tweet Sunday that he sees danger in how Trump relates to facts.

"If we are in a situation where there is tension in the world, we stand between war and peace," he said. "If we then have a president who spreads lots of false rumors, it can be truly dangerous."
    Last edited by LS1Goat; 02-20-2017, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• I think you are the growing majority of Trump supporters right now. There are only a few nuts who are still talking about hillary, and emails, benghazi etc. I wish he would stfu and do his damn job.

I feel like i made the perfect analogy a week or so after the election. Supporting trump through the campaign was like climbing a 12 foot ladder. However once he won, no where do you go? there's a few nut jubs standing on the top rung lookin around like what now, and the logical conservatives are trying to figure out how to get back down to a comfortable working height.

The sad thing is, even those who are starting to question the guy are afraid to speak up for fear of being called 'liberals, or rino's,' etc. by the nutjobs who are standing on the top of the ladder still.

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
      I'm going to say it again. He needs to chill out and stop making impulsive off the cuff arbitrary statements. He's starting to set a trend of making profound accusations without any specificity. We know what's going on in Sweden because we dig and find alternative news sources, but what is important to remember is the general public does not. They get their news from MSM and Trump is doing absolutely nothing to help dissuade the opinions of people who think he's horribly misinformed. This is a cause of concern going forward. He needs to stop doing this day in and day out. He's not playing 4D chess. He's involuntarily validating the concerns of his opposition (and Independents) by letting his ego and bravado get the better of him during his speeches. He's right and he's also technically wrong a lot of the time. And everyone is having a field day with his inaccurate accounts of certain events and timelines. This is going to get tiresome and problematic moving forward. And his credibility will come into question. I voted for the guy. However, his behavior is questionable at times. And he argues with people on twitter like a 12 year old girl. He's way too sensitive to criticism for a man in his position. The bulk of his twitter feed is an embarrassment to himself. I'm embarrassed for him at times. His supporters overlook it, but everyone else does not. When you're President, you got to at least act like you know what you're doing even if you don't.
      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• Maybe I missed something but it looks like they're upset over the word "happened" vs "happens".
        WH

Comment

• Originally posted by naynay View Post
          I think you are the growing majority of Trump supporters right now. There are only a few nuts who are still talking about hillary, and emails, benghazi etc. I wish he would stfu and do his damn job.

I feel like i made the perfect analogy a week or so after the election. Supporting trump through the campaign was like climbing a 12 foot ladder. However once he won, no where do you go? there's a few nut jubs standing on the top rung lookin around like what now, and the logical conservatives are trying to figure out how to get back down to a comfortable working height.

The sad thing is, even those who are starting to question the guy are afraid to speak up for fear of being called 'liberals, or rino's,' etc. by the nutjobs who are standing on the top of the ladder still.
          Yeah, you've been correct about so much in regards to this election cycle.

Comment

• Originally posted by cwo View Post
            yeah, you've been correct about so much in regards to this election cycle.
            l o l
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by CWO View Post
              Yeah, you've been correct about so much in regards to this election cycle.
              i just say what i see.

there are a bunch of little snowflakes just waiting to break their silence
              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

i just say what i see.

there are a bunch of little snowflakes just waiting to break their silence
                I see your point

I see Trump's point

I see the media's point.

He's a president, everything is word for word literal. He's on a binge about the media mis construing his words and he's trying to make a point. The media doesn't see the point and they are just feeding each other making it worse.

He's not a politicIan and he doesn't polish what comes out of his mouth. I agree with most of what he's trying to do, and do think the media is very liberal, but I think he is going on the deep end to make his point initially, so he doesn't look like he immediately caves and becomes some one who looks and sounds like a career politician. If he cleans up his act after 2 years the media will start saying what he wants them to say, that he is polished, he does this, does that and they don't pick at his words as much.

For now it is what it is. The press conference was hard to watch. Pray for the best, plan for the worst

Comment

• The media is not out to destroy him, that is impossible. That is not their job. Their job is to hold him accountable.

I cant come up here and tell you that the sky is green, and you point out to me that the sky is in fact blue, and my first response is "you're a liar, it might be blue, but i could have swore it was green. you're making that up."
                  THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

i just say what i see.
                    I think I found the problem.

Comment

The media is not out to destroy him, that is impossible. That is not their job. Their job is to hold him accountable.

I cant come up here and tell you that the sky is green, and you point out to me that the sky is in fact blue, and my first response is "you're a liar, it might be blue, but i could have swore it was green. you're making that up."
                      I couldn't disagree more. The media needs to destroy people. The sensationalism gives them headlines. And because they're almost all Democrats, they're out to destroy the Republicans.

I agree with your third sentence "their job is to hold him accountable". But tell me when they ever held Hillary accountable? Or Bill? Or any other Democrat?

Comment

• Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                        I agree with your third sentence "their job is to hold him accountable". But tell me when they ever held Hillary accountable? Or Bill? Or any other Democrat?
                        They attempt to hold him "accountable" by any means necessary, which includes modifying stories and injecting their own ignorant opinions. No such thing as objective reporting anymore. It's all Howard Stern bullshit.
                        Last edited by SS Junk; 02-20-2017, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• The media is at war, and Trump has an army of supporters. If he says Sweden, the army of supporters drudges up everything to make the case and everyone looks at what's happening in Sweden. It's actually brilliant. Plus, he gets to act all humble and shit. If you think he isn't villainized by the media, then you really ought to look for evidence to the contrary.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

The media is not out to destroy him, that is impossible. That is not their job. Their job is to hold him accountable
                            You're completely wrong here. They've been out to destroy him since halfway through the campaign. They won't sell papers/ads if the headlines read, "Trump is Great!!" They want chaos. They want scandals. They want him to look like an idiot, and they want him to be a failure. The bias towards liberals is completely out of control. Sure, Fox leans right and sometimes too much, but practically everyone else is so far left it's sickening. It's not journalism at that point -- it's propaganda. If their job was to hold him accountable, they'd be producing hard facts with undeniable data and examples. That's not what is happening. That's what I and so many others would like to see from both parties.
                            Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                            I couldn't disagree more. The media needs to destroy people. The sensationalism gives them headlines. And because they're almost all Democrats, they're out to destroy the Republicans.

All of this. Hillary got a free pass no matter what. She's still getting one. I'm dumbfounded as to why the media can't get a factual story out about her when it's all there plain as day to see.

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                            They attempt to hold him "accountable" by any means necessary, which includes modifying stories and injecting their own ignorant opinions. No such thing as objective reporting anymore. It's all Howard Stern bullshit.
                            Again, this is the propaganda that is out there. Funny how the left call Trump Hitler yet they're the ones employing the tactics that gave rise to the Nazi party...

Comment

• Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                              You're completely wrong here. They've been out to destroy him since halfway through the campaign. They won't sell papers/ads if the headlines read, "Trump is Great!!" They want chaos. They want scandals. They want him to look like an idiot, and they want him to be a failure. The bias towards liberals is completely out of control. Sure, Fox leans right and sometimes too much, but practically everyone else is so far left it's sickening. It's not journalism at that point -- it's propaganda. If their job was to hold him accountable, they'd be producing hard facts with undeniable data and examples. That's not what is happening. That's what I and so many others would like to see from both parties.
                              All of this. Hillary got a free pass no matter what. She's still getting one. I'm dumbfounded as to why the media can't get a factual story out about her when it's all there plain as day to see.
                              I made mention in another thread, the Podesta/DNC Emails were absolutely mind-blowing. They literally laid out a paper trail for how funding from every major MSM outlet flowed funds into the Clinton Foundstion and the DNC proper. How in the fuck can you call yourself unbiased when the Wikileaks exposed years and years of straight-up financially fueled collusion? Again, if Trump wants to drop the media hammer, I think the money trail of collision needs to be his focal point.

Again, this is the propaganda that is out there. Funny how the left call Trump Hitler yet they're the ones employing the tactics that gave rise to the Nazi party...
                              It's a fantastic method of deflection: keep constantly and loudly declaring your opposition is exactly as you already are.
                              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                              dont downshift!!
                              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• The original cover:

Comment

Working...
                                X