X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• Originally posted by naynay View Post

This is actually a good post, at last, from naynay. Acceptance FTW.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
        This is actually a good post, at last, from naynay. Acceptance FTW.
        Agree. And this is the real problem 90% of costs are spent on the last 1% of a persons life, too many people/their families just do not posses the ability to finally say it is enough, let me/them go. As long as we think that we need to pour millions into extending someones life a few extra minutes our healthcare system is doomed, that is, unless it is an "only if you can afford it" proposition.
        1965 Ford Falcon Pro-Touring Project
        TCI F/R Suspension, 3V-4.6 & TR3560, LT III Wheels

sigpic
        Work In Progress

Comment

• Who makes that call? You or the government though?
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            Who makes that call? You or the government though?
            "You", and that is the problem. The more secular our society becomes the less likely they are willing to let go as the fear of what is to come is too much to accept. It may be a generalization, but religious people tend to have a more accepting view of death than the non religious.

Although it seems strange given that if you believe you just cease to exist then what do you have to fear?

No way I want our "all knowing" government making this decision, or they will just get rid of those who don't vote they way they would like.

It is a tough thing, but it is the main drain on healthcare.

sigpic
            Work In Progress

Comment

Me if at all possible. I included my Medical Directive declining extraordinary care measures with my will, of course that doesn't guarantee it would followed by the medical establishment.

Comment

• Mine says turn me into a Universal Soldier.
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Mine says turn me into a Universal Soldier.
                  Dolph or van damme?

Comment

• Just so long as my meager possessions, which do include my own prized cowskin rug, are distributed accordingly I'll consider it a win.

Choo$$$$Choo$$$$

Comment

Its actually a catch 22. The government forces hospitals to enact peoples wishes. Even if someone cant afford to continue to live, the hospital has to keep going. Ethics teams dont usually have the spine to say no due to law suits.

Comment

• Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                        Its actually a catch 22. The government forces hospitals to enact peoples wishes. Even if someone cant afford to continue to live, the hospital has to keep going. Ethics teams dont usually have the spine to say no due to law suits.
                        I say you run out of money, your done. I know it sounds harsh to our current sissy society but for myself or any of my family members I am okay with this, once you run out of the means to keep on going, well that is it. I am also fine with knowing Bill Gates and other Billionaires get better than I do, just the way it is.

sigpic
                        Work In Progress

Comment

• Originally posted by lowfast View Post
                          I say you run out of money, your done. I know it sounds harsh to our current sissy society but for myself or any of my family members I am okay with this, once you run out of the means to keep on going, well that is it. I am also fine with knowing Bill Gates and other Billionaires get better than I do, just the way it is.
                          Works for me. I would add one caveat however, that veterans with medical needs resulting from service to our country be given a gratis pass to whatever health care they deem necessary. No pass however because someone is old, or the great-great grandson of a slave, or they are the child of an illegal immigrant, etc.

Comment

Works for me. I would add one caveat however, that veterans with medical needs resulting from service to our country be given a gratis pass to whatever health care they deem necessary.
                            Well, they are on the governments check book, and as politicians have shown us that never runs out.

sigpic
                            Work In Progress

Comment

Works for me. I would add one caveat however, that veterans with medical needs resulting from service to our country be given a gratis pass to whatever health care they deem necessary. No pass however because someone is old, or the great-great grandson of a slave, or they are the child of an illegal immigrant, etc.
                              I dont agree. Giving someone who served a pass based on service issues would mean everyone. You can always relate something to something which is causing your decline.

Lots of people think Im an asshole but a service member is just another person. They chose to go that route. It is a job for which they are paid. The guy peeling potatoes is a service member just like the guy on the front lines. People that work regular jobs are in service of this country just in a different way. Healthcare workers help people. People who work fast food serve people food.

Comment

• Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                                I dont agree. Giving someone who served a pass based on service issues would mean everyone. You can always relate something to something which is causing your decline.

Lots of people think Im an asshole but a service member is just another person. They chose to go that route. It is a job for which they are paid. The guy peeling potatoes is a service member just like the guy on the front lines. People that work regular jobs are in service of this country just in a different way. Healthcare workers help people. People who work fast food serve people food.
                                Agreed, and advocating a pass exclusively for military service members with service-related medical issues is just my opinion. A downside to that is some other group (insert name here) would demand equal consideration.

Comment

Working...
                                X