• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^^
    My God...

Comment

• Fuck yeah!

I'm surprised no one else was trying to shoot back, mainly the cops. There's usually cops everywhere in all of the concerts I have been to, I don't know about Vegas though, never been...
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
        I'm surprised no one else was trying to shoot back, mainly the cops. There's usually cops everywhere in all of the concerts I have been to, I don't know about Vegas though, never been...
        Eh, I wouldn't want to be responsible for firing back and possibly hitting someone on a different floor who may be looking out wondering WTF is going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
          Eh, I wouldn't want to be responsible for firing back and possibly hitting someone on a different floor who may be looking out wondering WTF is going on.
          Cops around these parts have long rifles in their trunks, I would think that one or more had one and would be willing to send a few rounds in that room to stop the gun fire, just a thought. Not trying to monday morning armchair QB this horrific tragedy.
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Cops around these parts have long rifles in their trunks, I would think that one or more had one and would be willing to send a few rounds in that room to stop the gun fire, just a thought. Not trying to monday morning armchair QB this horrific tragedy.
            That would be one fucking hard shot. Especially for someone who probably only qualified to carry it and hasn't shot it since.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
              That would be one fucking hard shot. Especially for someone who probably only qualified to carry it and hasn't shot it since.
              Shooting from 5-600 yards to a 32nd floor hotel room with a rifle more than likely outfitted with a RDS...... I can only think of one person who could make that shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbfordtech View Post
                shooting from 5-600 yards to a 32nd floor hotel room with a rifle more than likely outfitted with a rds...... I can only think of one person who could make that shot.
                svo?

Comment

• Originally posted by SBFORDTECH View Post
                  Shooting from 5-600 yards to a 32nd floor hotel room with a rifle more than likely outfitted with a RDS...... I can only think of one person who could make that shot.
                  Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                  svo?
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

svo?
                    You know it

Comment

svo?
                      I could get shots through the window after a few tries with a 20" A1 or A2 with no problem but i would prefer another rifle. The range is pretty short but shooting upwards a few hundred feet is not something that I have tried before. Knowing myself I would not have been too concerned about stopping the shooter unless I was directly being targeted by him.

Edit: Now that I think about it I am sure there has to be published data on how to correct for firing at a target that is on much higher elevation. I am going to try to find that info and study it.
                      Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 10-04-2017, 01:50 PM.
                      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                        I could get shots through the window after a few tries with a 20" A1 or A2 with no problem but i would prefer another rifle. The range is pretty short but shooting upwards a few hundred feet is not something that I have tried before. Knowing myself I would not have been too concerned about stopping the shooter unless I was directly being targeted by him.

Edit: Now that I think about it I am sure there has to be published data on how to correct for firing at a target that is on much higher elevation. I am going to try to find that info and study it.
                        I wouldn't go to a concert with out you!

Comment

• Originally posted by SBFORDTECH View Post
                          I wouldn't go to a concert with out you!
                          Then you are never going to a concert; I hate live music and only go when a gf insist on it.

I am pretty sure that I am not the only guy here that could hit a fixed target at 350-500 yards that measures 4 ft by 8 ft.
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Then you are never going to a concert; I hate live music and only go when a gf insist on it.

I am pretty sure that I am not the only guy here that could hit a fixed target at 350-500 yards that measures 4 ft by 8 ft.
                            No one understands why I hate live music. There is zero fun for me at a concert.

Comment

True.
                              For reference, because I know we have a bunch of members who could do the same thing, this is part of the Marines rifle qualification:

Table 1 is the known distance range and is comprised of three targets, each scored from 5 to 0 points (5, 4, 3, 2, Miss). Each recruit fires 50 shots for a maximum score of 250.

The “Able” target is 4ft x 6ft with a 12in bullseye and is used for slow fire at the 200 and 300 yard lines, from the sitting, kneeling and standing positions.
                              The “Dog” target looks vaguely like a person looking over a barricade. It’s on 6ft x 6ft paper and used for rapid fire (10 shots in 60 seconds) at the 200 and 300 yard lines, from the sitting and prone.
                              The “B-Modified” target is a human silhouette, also on a 6ft x 6ft paper, and used for slow fire at the 500 yard line from the prone.

At the 500 yard line the recruit is shooting at a target with just a sling for support. The rifle can not touch the ground or anything other than the shooter’s body.

Mastery of the fundamentals of marksmanship is the difference between a 5 and a miss.

During the first two days of training, prior to qualification, there are coaches on the line helping recruits to improve their positions and master the techniques. On qualification day, it’s all on the recruit.
                              And that's with open sights.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                                No one understands why I hate live music. There is zero fun for me at a concert.
                                Fucking this!!!! IF I go to one I HAVE to have ear plugs in or the volume just kills me, and my left ear is already at 50% hearing loss anyways so WTF is the point?
                                Originally posted by stevo
                                Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                                X