No announcement yet.

Random POLITICAL picture of the day !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're going back to the dark ages... of 2015.

When Hulu and Netflix still existed.

And Netflix was only 8.99/m

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by sc281 View Post
        We're going back to the dark ages... of 2015.

When Hulu and Netflix still existed.

And Netflix was only 8.99/m
        There were several ISPs that throttled those, and other, services. Net Neutrality prevents that.

I pay $90 a month for gigabit access to internet. Those services are paying for internet access as well. To allows an ISP to throttle a service at the interchange is bullshit.

Also, Ajit's arguments have been total bullshit as well. He repeatedly claims that ISPs like Verizon (that he used to work for) have reduced investment in their networks since Net Neutrality regulation went into place. However these are publicly traded companies. Verizon increased that investment over the the last two years. The same goes for Comcast, CenturyLink, etc..

EDIT: I need to correct my statement on CenturyLink, they are down about 3% over the last two years. However Comcast investment is up over 26% and the industries investment is up 5.3% over the years Net Neutrality has been in effect.
        Last edited by Sgt Beavis; 12-14-2017, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• Master Shredder

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
            There were several ISPs that throttled those, and other, services. Net Neutrality prevents that.

I pay $90 a month for gigabit access to internet. Those services are paying for internet access as well. To allows an ISP to throttle a service at the interchange is bullshit.

Also, Ajit's arguments have been total bullshit as well. He repeatedly claims that ISPs like Verizon (that he used to work for) have reduced investment in their networks since Net Neutrality regulation went into place. However these are publicly traded companies. Verizon increased that investment over the the last two years. The same goes for Comcast, CenturyLink, etc..

Shit gets throttled now, with net neutrality in place. I fail to see how giving the current isp' s what amounts to a monopoly is of or will be of any benefit to the average user over the long haul.

The more regulations there are, the higher the burden of entry is for the startup and small isp' s to break into the market and provide the innovation and competition that reduces costs.
            Last edited by sc281; 12-14-2017, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• Moot point anyway. Done deal.

BONUS Ajit Pai slams silicon valley for their hypocrisy:

More than that - the FCC hands over control over the internet to the FTC.

The FTC is concerned with breaking up monopolies.

Comment

• Comment

• It's a pointless argument now. Now we sit back and see what happens over the next three years.

Comment

• Yup. Let's get back to something we all love.

Paul Ryan is stepping down!!!

But not until 2018

Comment

• ^^ oh God please let that be true ^^

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post

EDIT: I need to correct my statement on CenturyLink, they are down about 3% over the last two years. However Comcast investment is up over 26% and the industries investment is up 5.3% over the years Net Neutrality has been in effect.
                          the simple question is: Where is control a power of the federal government in the constitution?
                          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Comment

• JapanAnon mocks people saying Japan needs to accept immigrants to survive.

Comment

Working...
                              X