Venezuela implosion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venezuela implosion?

Did it finally happen? Did the government actually block all Internet in and out of the country?

Terrible writing ahead, but here:

FEBRUARY 20TH, 2014 Dear International Editor: Listen and understand. The game changed in Venezuela last night. What had been a slow-motion unravelling that had stretched out over many...

You can only stretch a rubber band so tight before it snaps.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Damn. I just realized the date.

Comment

Their only exports were oil and baseball players. Oil prices have tanked and their government has cracked down on foreign visas. Short of going all Sadam Hussein on their neighbors there isn't much hope for their current government.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
          Their only exports were oil and baseball players. Oil prices have tanked and their government has cracked down on foreign visas. Short of going all Sadam Hussein on their neighbors there isn't much hope for their current government.
          This would be an opportune time for their government to invite in the Chinese.

Comment

already have. china is investing heavy in south america. america is asleep so now's the time to move.

Comment

feb 2014
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Militarily, that is.

Comment

not going to happen. they have already took over the south china seas . if obama gives up gitmo china will lease it . we are back to jfk days . it will get real serious in the next couple of years .

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas
                    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I'm thinking more along the line of Chinese bases, particularly navy. As bubbaearl posted, this could then become like the JFK era with the Soviet military presence that existed in Cuba.

Comment

i grew up during all that shit. like a wooden desk will save you from a nuke . we are there again. another cold war only with china this time. they have played obama like a cheap banjo and it will take another loose cannon to back them down . i refuse to vote for another damned lawyer . they are all hat no cattle . cruz cant beat hillary and she will eat rubio for a snack . turn the hair loose on them all .

Comment

Working...
                        X