Supreme Court Strikes Down Abortion Restrictions In Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supreme Court Strikes Down Abortion Restrictions In Texas

With Kennedy joining the liberal bloc of justices, his swing vote was the deciding factor, so "Scalia's vote would have been among the four on the losing side in any event," Ron says.

The justices ruled 5-3 that a Texas law setting requirements for clinics that provide abortions — a law that was expected to cause many clinics to close — was unconstitutional.
    Scientists do not coddle ideas. They crash test them. They run them into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour and then examine the pieces.

If the idea is sound, the pieces will be that of the wall.

I hope the state ignores the ruling..

Comment

Originally posted by SBFORDTECH View Post
      I hope that minorities have more abortions then ever.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Abortions should be mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
          Abortions should be mandatory.
          For everyone, or just minorities?
          Scientists do not coddle ideas. They crash test them. They run them into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour and then examine the pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddhattter View Post
            For everyone, or just minorities?
            Everyone. I'm not racist, you fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by SBFORDTECH View Post
              So you want the state to lose even more money? I don't know about you, but that seems like an idiotic waste of taxpayer dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                Everyone. I'm not racist, you fuck.
                Then, clearly, you're a speciesist...

Ya bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddhattter View Post
                  Then, clearly, you're a speciesist...

Ya bastard.
                  I hate everyone who isn't me or a DFWM member.

Comment

Waste of time.

Comment

If the GOP would just get the fuck out of religion and abortions, they'd dominate.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                        If the GOP would just get the fuck out of religion and abortions, they'd dominate.
                        I agree with that.
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                          Not necessarily true.

Even if they stayed away from anything religious...

It's hard to beat the "everything's free" and "anything goes" party when you're the "pay for it yourself" and "personal responsibility" party.

If you expect the "freedom" to do something you should expect the "responsibilities" of both the price and outcome.

But whatever... no one is responsible for anything they do anymore....

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
                            Not necessarily true.

Even if they stayed away from anything religious...

It's hard to beat the "everything's free" and "anything goes" party when you're the "pay for it yourself" and "personal responsibility" party.

If you expect the "freedom" to do something you should expect the "responsibilities" of both the price and outcome.

But whatever... no one is responsible for anything they do anymore....
                            The way I see it is that they are against abortions, all abortions. Not just government subsidised, all of it. In my opionion, that isnt really something the government should be worried about. Let doctors make that call.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                              The way I see it is that they are against abortions, all abortions. Not just government subsidised, all of it. In my opionion, that isnt really something the government should be worried about. Let doctors make that call.
                              You are correct. That is the current GOP platform.

What I'm saying is that even if the GOP had no opinion on abortion at all, they would still not be dominating.

Today's society in general is hooked on "easy", "have it now" and "what's in it for me" all encompassing narcissism.

You see it everyday, everywhere you look.

The democratic party takes this ball and runs with it by separating people into classes and pitting them against each other.

"Non-religious" conservatives like myself are VERY outnumbered when the general electorate is factored in.

Comment

Working...
                              X