Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end of America...Vid.

It's an hour long. But worth the time.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I sure hope that doesn't come true, but there a so many signs that point to it.

Comment

Ah, the Stansberry video. I saw that a couple months ago and wondered when it would show up here. I must admit, I would have bet money that Denny would be the first to post it.
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Ya, saw it a while back as well. No one reads my posts anyway. it is good to see other people post things.

Comment

I appreciate where the guy is coming from, but I question his intent. The angle is protecting money. I would assume he is heavily vested in silver and gold. If things crater like he's talking, no one is going to give a rat's ass about a 401k and will be walking into gas stations, armed, and taking what they need.

The housing stats just say that we need to bulldoze every vacant house as Jody once stated.

Oh, and he's talking about farmland as the most valuable asset.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
            I appreciate where the guy is coming from, but I question his intent. The angle is protecting money. I would assume he is heavily vested in silver and gold. If things crater like he's talking, no one is going to give a rat's ass about a 401k and will be walking into gas stations, armed, and taking what they need.

The housing stats just say that we need to bulldoze every vacant house as Jody once stated.

What people have to realize is that he and others are putting their money where their mouth is. Of course he's probably invested in precious metals, land and other hard assets. Wouldn't you be if you believed his point of view?

Comment

Well fuck, I just posted a half-sober long rant about a lot of things but realized I have neither the time, nor energy to be defending and counter-posting to the masses on that. I'm off to bed shortly.
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                What people have to realize is that he and others are putting their money where their mouth is. Of course he's probably invested in precious metals, land and other hard assets. Wouldn't you be if you believed his point of view?
                I absolutely would, but sensationalized fear sells very well, especially in this economy with the jackholes we have in power. His doomsday prophecy seems to be strictly economic. What I'm suggesting is that a financial nut kick like Stansberry is talking about will lead to a complete abandonment of rationality. People seem pretty itchy, but still comfortable. 30% stated unemployment would lead to a lot of people going native and losing all faith in the system, and that is a tipping point.

He is essentially saying that it will suck, calls it the end of America, but is speaking in theoretical terms opposed to actual terms.

And I have a feeling that a lot of this angst will dissipate when Obama is out of office and/or a legitimate recovery takes place. Not discounting a lot of what he says because it is truthful data (horrible tax laws, deep dicking business, and so on) just saying that he has something to sell and is doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                  Well fuck, I just posted a half-sober long rant about a lot of things but realized I have neither the time, nor energy to be defending and counter-posting to the masses on that. I'm off to bed shortly.
                  At least you spelled 'neither' correctly in the edit

You should have left it, it was a good read.

Comment

At least you spelled 'neither' correctly in the edit
                    Lol, and your LSAT score was... ?

Comment

It would seem to be a real waste to bulldoze.

I was wondering if he was talking about land. I have 50+ acres which my family and friends could raise cattle and grow food. All I need is a water well and windmill to be self sufficient.

Comment

Sorry to insult you with my attempts to convey to others what I think is going to happen based on my limited common-person knowledge, the videos I watch and the books I only read half of (maybe just a third since I skip the big words). You see economy through a whole different spectrum of your genetically blessed mind than someone like me.

That being said, I think that the housing crisis was a major turning point that led to where we are now along with the government's overspending and people irresponsibly living outside of their means, but all of that can be traced back to big banking. The problem was never solved, only bandaged (poorly at that). The banks SHOULD have failed. Ya, it would have brought a SHTF scenario out, but it would have also brought out more of a demand for the responsible parties' heads on a platter. Now we're knee-deep in shit at a point of no return. There will be no debt reduction. There will be no spending reduction. There will be no printing reduction of currency. There will be more QEs and all of this will continue until there is a total collapse. Bernanke is a genius, I'll give you that, but he is a fool for what he is doing, knowing damn-well that the end product is crap. He is doing whatever it takes to keep the economy afloat as long as it is based on the dollar, but at what price? He's destroying it. Maybe I should thank him for buying time, but the inevitable is still the inevitable. Now, based off his train of thought, we can print into infinity because of our world reserve status, specifically the dollar used for buying oil and some countries based their reserve system off of that. But what about these other countries deviating from that and conducting their international trade in other currencies? When the countries stop using the dollar, then what? I ask this not as a point of arguing, but as a real request for information. It seems that anyone that thinks the dollar will be fine will never answer this. Can you blame me for thinking otherwise? I challenge anyone to show me a light at the end of the tunnel.

Comment

I absolutely would, but sensationalized fear sells very well, especially in this economy with the jackholes we have in power. His doomsday prophecy seems to be strictly economic. What I'm suggesting is that a financial nut kick like Stansberry is talking about will lead to a complete abandonment of rationality. People seem pretty itchy, but still comfortable. 30% stated unemployment would lead to a lot of people going native and losing all faith in the system, and that is a tipping point.

He is essentially saying that it will suck, calls it the end of America, but is speaking in theoretical terms opposed to actual terms.

And I have a feeling that a lot of this angst will dissipate when Obama is out of office and/or a legitimate recovery takes place. Not discounting a lot of what he says because it is truthful data (horrible tax laws, deep dicking business, and so on) just saying that he has something to sell and is doing so.
                          Right. I think that there will be a time when guys like him have an "I told you so" moment as well. LOL

It's just too bad that there are others like Gerald Celente that are speaking essentially the same, but with more of a detailed timeframe and adding logs to the fire with facts plus opinion to be passed as facts.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                            Lol, and your LSAT score was... ?
                            Not sure on the one I just took. Let's stick to practice scores for now

Comment

Not sure on the one I just took. Let's stick to practice scores for now
                              I can't even spell LSAT, so I'll just get out of this post so I don't insult anymore brilliant minds. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X