Obama calls for 'public option'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama calls for 'public option'

President Obama calls for Congress to consider implementing a Medicare-like public plan in areas with few Obamacare insurers.

President Obama joined the chorus of Democrats calling for the creation of a government run health insurance program as Obamacare is facing growing problems.
    In an article published Monday in the Journal of the American Medical Association, the president called for Congress to revisit the "public option" for Obamacare in areas where few insurers offer coverage.
    "Some parts of the country have struggled with limited insurance market competition for many years, which is one reason that, in the original debate over health reform, Congress considered and I supported including a Medicare-like public plan," Obama wrote in the piece.

It isn't going away, so instead of letting individuals get fucked so hard, why not adjust the system to slide us some lube?

Grandstanding is really easy when it isn't your money on the line.

Comment

Well of course. Single-payer was the idea all along, DUH. Instead of increasing taxes to increase revenue, they'll just give themselves a new revenue stream to redistribute.

Not that they won't also increase taxes, but you get the idea.
      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I think it was designed to fail from the beginning in order to meet their end goal of single payer.

Comment

I said this 4 years ago
          1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
            Well of course. Single-payer was the idea all along, DUH. Instead of increasing taxes to increase revenue, they'll just give themselves a new revenue stream to redistribute.

Not that they won't also increase taxes, but you get the idea.
            Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
            I think it was designed to fail from the beginning in order to meet their end goal of single payer.
            Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
            I said this 4 years ago
            ^^^these^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
              I said this 4 years ago
              Obama said that before he was elected.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Of course;

Oregon’s Health Co-Op, the most recent to close its doors, received $56.6 million in loans from the federal government to help get it off the ground.

The 15th Obamacare Co-Op Has Collapsed.

Comment

we all knew this going in.

Comment

Working...
                  X