LAPD will not help deport immigrants under Trump, chief says

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAPD will not help deport immigrants under Trump, chief says

Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck said Monday that he has no plans to change the LAPD’s stance on immigration enforcement, despite President-elect Donald Trump’s pledge to toughen federal immigration laws and deport millions of people upon taking office.

For decades, the LAPD has distanced itself from federal immigration policies. The LAPD prohibits officers from initiating contact with someone solely to determine whether he or she is in the country legally, mandated by a special order signed by then-chief Daryl Gates in 1979.

No federal funding of any kind to sanctuary cities/states.. not for Chicago, New York, California or any other liberal municipality or state that doesn't enforce the laws of the land.

When an illegal alien commits a crime in a sanctuary city, the city council, mayor, sheriff and police chief should be charged as accomplices and should also be subject to civil case by the victims/victim's families.

Comment

Actually this would be simple. Failing to enforce federal immigration law would be a violation of federal law and federal agents could arrest the city council and the police department as a whole.
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
        Actually this would be simple. Failing to enforce federal immigration law would be a violation of federal law and federal agents could arrest the city council and the police department as a whole.
        They wouldn't touch Hillary, what makes you think they'd go after an entire police department in a major city?

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
          They wouldn't touch Hillary, what makes you think they'd go after an entire police department in a major city?
          Hillary was the only horse that they had to ride and LOTS of people had a vested interest in her so she was given cover. Everyone else is a simple functionary that is not worth the political capital to protect or to protect much.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

works for me. move all of them to la or Chicago .

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
              works for me. move all of them to la or Chicago .
              Exactly, I fail to see a problem here.

Comment

I thought that most US municipalities do not enforce federal immigration law? I mean, unless they are arrested for something else first, at a minimum.. Even then, don't they typically refer it to the feds?

It's not like the cops are going around asking for passports and visas..

This seems to me to be one of those stories that's not really a story.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                  I thought that most US municipalities do not enforce federal immigration law? I mean, unless they are arrested for something else first, at a minimum.. Even then, don't they typically refer it to the feds?

When my truck was broken into, they caught the guys right down the road when they wrecked their car. They were held for a couple days, and then went to jail for 90, then deported back to mexico. It was the 2nd or third time for them to be deported.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post

Pretty much. They seem to get an ICE hold for immigration to investigate into, but they generally never happen. Due to over population and costs, most are released either by ICE to investigate later or by the departments because it's costing them money to hold them particularly long after their case has disposed.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                      Pretty much. They seem to get an ICE hold for immigration to investigate into, but they generally never happen. Due to over population and costs, most are released either by ICE to investigate later or by the departments because it's costing them money to hold them particularly long after their case has disposed.
                      If LA or any other major southern city really tried to start enforcing it, that's all they would be doing. May as well slap ICE jackets on them and forget about any other policing.

Besides, local cops have enough problems getting it right when dealing with city and state laws, who really trusts them to try and enforce federal law as well?

Comment

Do we have any uninhabited or undiscovered islands left where we can start another Australia via dropping off illegsl?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                          Do we have any uninhabited or undiscovered islands left where we can start another Australia via dropping off illegsl?
                          Why yes. Yes we do have undiscovered islands. I just haven't told anyone about them until there was a good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                            Why yes. Yes we do have undiscovered islands. I just haven't told anyone about them until there was a good reason.
                            Well, share the god damn wealth Pedro!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                              Lmao! If they are undiscovered, how would we know?

Comment

Working...
                              X