Acting AG Fired!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acting AG Fired!

President Donald Trump relieved acting Attorney General Sally Yates of her duties Monday night after she directed Justice Department attorneys not to defend Trump's controversial executive refugee and immigration ban.
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

I'm still waiting on his response to the Iran missile Sunday. It's about time to light the firecrackers!!!

Comment

Visualize whirled terds.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

A hand delivered letter, no less. Trump will be seen as a leader not yet witnessed in the political spectrum. His controversial tweets, his bare knuckle approach to business, not to mention the speed at which he operates, will have opponents on their heals for the entire first term, most likely. Nobody inside the beltway has witnessed this kind of roll-up-your-sleeves and bloody a few noses along the way approach that Trump has. Trump has illustrated for years that if you need to be called out, it's happening in an embarrassing fashion. Presidential cabinets, in one respect, have long had a score card of private sector experience vs academic. JFK had one of the lowest (30-40%) until BHO, who struggled to get above 10%. Trump will surpass all, and be the highest in history, by a long shot, I'm predicting. It will be interesting how this works out, but I'm betting that it will help pave the road for his American business first intentions. In business, the saying is that if you can't do, you teach, meaning that academics are idealists, but when the rubber meets the road, it's a much different outcome and the academic models don't always work.

He won't be perfect, but he's a breath of fresh air to the self-enriching, self-shielding machine that is Washington, pre-Trump. This is a game changing president. I was listening to Mark Stein, a delightful stand in for an at-times stagnant and often boring Rush Limbaugh, and he summed it up pretty well. He was talking about how the media keep viewing Trump through a certain lens and that it's equated to a pair of referees who've officiated tennis matches their entire career, and suddenly they find themselves officiating an NFL game. They don't understand the rules, and they don't know how to interpret/digest/report on what they're seeing.
        Last edited by barronj; 01-30-2017, 11:50 PM.
        Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Too bad there are already plans underway to impeach the Donald. Maybe that's why he is working as fast as he can. He has so much opposition. Even CNET sent a political email today talking about TECH companies' backlash. I keep unsubscribing to these slamming articles I'm receiving in email with the reason: you're fired! I don't need politics from companies. Very unprofessional.

Comment

Originally posted by Fastback View Post
            Too bad there are already plans underway to impeach the Donald. Maybe that's why he is working as fast as he can. He has so much opposition. Even CNET sent a political email today talking about TECH companies' backlash. I keep unsubscribing to these slamming articles I'm receiving in email with the reason: you're fired! I don't need politics from companies. Very unprofessional.

He's working as he always has. The guy is a machine, like his politics or not, he has accomplished an astounding amount, and he's just building a head of steam.

They were laying the groundwork for his impeachment before he was sworn in based on his business dealings. I hope he can swat the impeachment hearings away as deftly as he did his legitimate primary opponents.
            Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Impeach him on what grounds?
              "The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors."

What qualifies? And good luck getting a majority in Congress.
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by barronj View Post
                They don't understand the rules, and they don't know how to interpret/digest/report on what they're seeing.
                Good. Good.
                WH

Comment

Originally posted by barronj View Post
                  He's working as he always has. The guy is a machine, like his politics or not, he has accomplished an astounding amount, and he's just building a head of steam.

They were laying the groundwork for his impeachment before he was sworn in based on his business dealings. I hope he can swat the impeachment hearings away as deftly as he did his legitimate primary opponents.
                  He already has that beat. The President and VP are not bound by the same rules that congressman and senators are. Trump didn't have to give control over his businesses to his kids. He did it for the optics.

Their legal standing is bullshit. It's just like "Bernie can still win this thing" and "Hillary is the legitimate President"

Good rhetoric for their dipshit flock, not much else.

Comment

Working...
                  X