Thoughts on Devos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Devos?

My child is in Private school so hopefully he will not be too affected as he goes into kindergarten next year. How does everyone else feel about the education decisions made today?

And did anyone stop to think if you shoot a bear with a pistol, you're just gonna piss it off?
    THE BAD HOMBRE

No kids, so I haven't been following them, but in case I missed it, what did John King Jr., or Arne Duncan do that was so notable?
    sigpic

Comment

The resident liberal is now a gun expert!

Comment

i've seen revenant
        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Solid credentials.

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
            i've seen revenant
            Bear fucker

Comment

I'd really just like feed back from those with school aged children. Anthony your kids are at Lake Highlands right? did they have to do that common core shit?
              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

The educators say she is unqualified, but it appears to me that the state of education is dogshit. Kids are dumber, focused on just passing tests, and common-core is fucked. So if she is unqualified to carry the common core torch, she may be fine.

Meanwhile, I'm just over here shaking my head at the people freaking out about Trump doing what Trump said he'd do.

Comment

I'd agree with Sean. Common core is crap, as is "No child left behind". The second is a good idea, but by the time it was "governmented" and put in place, it had the exact opposite effect.

If the "educators" think either of those programs work, they are part of the swamp.
                  sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                  17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                  13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                  86 SVO - Sold
                  '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                  01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                  65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

My child is in Private school so hopefully he will not be too affected as he goes into kindergarten next year. How does everyone else feel about the education decisions made today?

And did anyone stop to think if you shoot a bear with a pistol, you're just gonna piss it off?

Government schools nation wide as a whole are complete failures despite spending much more per student then most private schools. There are a few good government schools that score well but only if the are not very diverse. Anything that will limit the damage that government policy and illegal aliens or the children of illegal aliens on the schools is worth doing. If any new policys gives the parents more control of what their children are being taught that can only be a good thing.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                      Government schools nation wide as a whole are complete failures despite spending much more per student then most private schools. There are a few good government schools that score well but only if the are not very diverse. Anything that will limit the damage that government policy and illegal aliens or the children of illegal aliens on the schools is worth doing. If any new policys gives the parents more control of what their children are being taught that can only be a good thing.
                      *than
                      *they
                      *policies
                      *give
                      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Clearly he went to public schools. You just slam dunked yourself in proving his point.

Comment

There is this option.

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Putting aside ideology, school choice, and grizzly bears. I watched her confirmation hearings and she came across as an idiot. DeVos was unfamiliar with the bulk of issues confronting our education system. She has zero knowledge of the actual law.

It's not like the Democrats on the committee were asking here hard ball questions either.

I like most of Trump's appointments but this girl has no business trying to run the Dept of Education.

Comment

How sure are you about that?

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                              X