Obamacare aka ACA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
    LOL... you're responding to individual who hardly reads a title before it's copied/pasted.
    That's reasonable, since I never read the BS he copies and pastes ad nauseum either.

Comment

I can't get enough fakenews fucktardery from HP, NYT and WP. They always have shit figured out.

Comment

aww shucks, i actually take the time to do the copy paste just for you cause i know you dont click the links.

The day after the flaming out of U.S. President Donald Trump's first major legislative initiative, his supporters across America were lashing out - at conservatives, at Democrats, at leaders of his Republican Party in Congress.

Only Trump himself was spared their wrath.

Many voters who elected him appeared largely willing to give him a pass on the collapse of his campaign promise to overhaul the U.S. healthcare system, stressing his short time in office.
        Despite casting himself on the campaign trail as “the best dealmaker there is", Trump could not save the healthcare bill yanked by Republican leaders in the House of Representatives on Friday in an embarrassing turn of events for them and Trump. Objections among Republican moderates and the party's most conservative lawmakers left leaders short of the votes needed for passage, with Democrats unified in opposition.
        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
          aww shucks, i actually take the time to do the copy paste just for you cause i know you dont click the links.
          Correction there punkin'...I don't click "your" links. The copy and paste, though harmless, is assumed to be completely boring if you are the one posting it.

Comment

fair enough, luckily this isnt www.theking.com
            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

The "overhaul" that Ryan and team proposed was not what people who voted for Trump wanted. Trump knew it. The people knew it. It was nothing but the same shit sandwich we have been eating for the past years under the ACA.

Trump ran on full repeal. If that had been what Ryan and company put together, you can bet that Trump would have been behind it and and "making deals" to see it go through congress.

The overhaul did have good bits such as maternity care falling off for male single policy holders.

So you know where I come from. Until the ACA I paid $200 a month for insurance for me and my wife through my employer. Then my employer dumped us into the ACA last year. My premiums for my wife and I are nearing $9,000 a year. Even as I go through the year paying nearly $850 a month for INSURANCE, if I go to the doctor, I still pay the full tab. The ACA insurance won't touch a dime of it for me until after I spend $12,000 deductible. It is pure shit. Before ACA, even with my low $200 a month premium, I had a small $50 copay for appointments and they covered stuff like routine yearly blood work and preventative care. My plan under the ACA doesn't cover shit until I am out of pocket the $12,000.

Even out the $9,000 a year alone and never being seen by a doc is rape enough by itself.

Yes, my employer is a turd for forcing us into the ACA....oh wait, it is because my employer is forced to under our contract with the US Government because we basically work for them in the end.
              Last edited by KBScobravert; 03-27-2017, 11:57 AM.
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                Correction there punkin'...I don't click "your" links. The copy and paste, though harmless, is assumed to be completely boring if you are the one posting it.
                It's nothing but regurgitated jibberjabber which liberal clowns love to post in believing they are informed.

Comment

It's nothing but regurgitated jibberjabber which liberal clowns love to post in believing they are informed.
                  Liberal clowns = Attention whores = Live in mom's house

Comment

You do realize the different between settling for something just to get it passed versus actually compromising, working to improve, and creating worthwhile, lasting legislation right? This would have been settling for less than what people want. It was always doomed. The positive is that everyone knows that and lawmakers can get to work on what really needs to happen.

To me, the bigger question is why does the government need to be involved in health care in the first place? It should be an open market and up to individuals if they want insurance or not. They should weigh the risks, shop for rates and coverage, and then for care facilities. There are care centers out there like Texas Scottish Rite that are completely funded and do not charge patients. Let facilities be funded how they choose and charge what the market will allow them to charge. It will make its own corrections.

The only thing that the government should be involved in with health care is requiring immunizations for certain things for anyone in public school.

Comment

He's president for 4 years, it's hardly a failure to not get a bill passed the first go round. This failure is on Paul Ryan btw, not Trump. He's on the hot seat.

Comment

ABC News sure wanted to sell it as "Trump's first defeat in congress..."

Comment

ABC News sure wanted to sell it as "Trump's first defeat in congress..."
                          That and he hates old people and artists. Oh and he's cost tax payers $11 million for travel/secret service so far all because he doesn't want to disenroll his kid from some fancy private school in NY.

Literally Hitler!

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                            You do realize the different between settling for something just to get it passed versus actually compromising, working to improve, and creating worthwhile, lasting legislation right? This would have been settling for less than what people want. It was always doomed. The positive is that everyone knows that and lawmakers can get to work on what really needs to happen.

To me, the bigger question is why does the government need to be involved in health care in the first place? It should be an open market and up to individuals if they want insurance or not. They should weigh the risks, shop for rates and coverage, and then for care facilities. There are care centers out there like Texas Scottish Rite that are completely funded and do not charge patients. Let facilities be funded how they choose and charge what the market will allow them to charge. It will make its own corrections.

The only thing that the government should be involved in with health care is requiring immunizations for certain things for anyone in public school.
                            why dribble down the court if you're not gonna take the shot? why did he even bring it to the table?

healthcare accounts for 1/6 of our Economy, you can bet your ass the gov't is going to control it.

like the HPV vaccine for your daughter?
                            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                              He's president for 4 years, it's hardly a failure to not get a bill passed the first go round. This failure is on Paul Ryan btw, not Trump. He's on the hot seat.
                              see post #48
                              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                                like the HPV vaccine for your daughter?
                                like NIH grants to research sickle cell anemia?

Comment

Working...
                                X