X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naynay View Post
    whats so bad about being a democrat?

you skeered?
    1. They take money away from the middle class to support the lower class voters that they have. If you keep giving to the poor, they will never learn and will continue to fail.

2. They can't form a coherent argument. You either agree with them, or you're a racist/misogynist/Islamaphobe.

3. They hate all religions, yet embrace Islam for some odd reason.

4. They want to open our borders to enemies and illegals to make themselves look good and to get more votes.

5. Everything is based on feelings rather than facts. This is the biggest one for me. They would slaughter the rights of the many to appease the feelings of the few.

6. Gun control. They want to disarm the public, so when they do make the full blown switch into communism, no one can fight back.

I can keep going.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
      Democrats are the party of the KKK for fucks sake yet minorities are dying to put them in office. How much worse can it get?
      Because history didn't end at that statement and the democrats have done a much better job for/with minorities since.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
        5. Everything is based on feelings rather than facts. This is the biggest one for me. They would slaughter the rights of the many to appease the feelings of the .
        I'm pretty sure this applies to all American politics.

Comment

Again you have to be a moron to even ask that question. Democrats are also the most regressive mother fuckers in the US. The fact you buy into the "progressive" BS is amazing. I'd ask if you are stupid or just fucking with me, but I already know the answer.

Comment

SSjunk licking naynays balls in public achieves a new low, even for this forum.

Comment

Exclude let's examine just how well democrats have done for minorities. Explain Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore, prison population as percent of race, average income by race etc.....

Libtards......

Comment

can you explain why all of you SJW's have fish mouth syndrome?

Comment

not sure what fish mouth is, but i know i am about to throw anthony back to be caught another day. his meat aint tender enough yet.
                  THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Exclude let's examine just how well democrats have done for minorities. Explain Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore, prison population as percent of race, average income by race etc.....

Libtards......
                    So arrogant for someone so seemingly ignorant.

Your initial comment was quite simple. You are correct that the Democratic party was the party of the KKK. You left out that they were the conservative party of that time. During the 60s-70s the parties shifted in ideology, the Dem platform moved toward civil rights, causing conservatives to leave the party, and turning the Dems more liberal. Capstoned by the Civil Rights Act being signed in to law by LBJ, a dem.

Historically and on average, minorities have made greater economic gains under Democratic governance (right, wrong, or otherwise).

Many of those cities are citations of failed industry and resulting poverty, white flight, corruption, etc.

Finally, a large portion of that prison population is often cited as a result of the War on Drugs and privitization of the criminal system. Two conservative incentives of the 70s and 80s.

I'm not arguing what's right or wrong, just how it is.

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
                      Your initial comment was quite simple. You are correct that the Democratic party was the party of the KKK. You left out that they were the conservative party of that time. During the 60s-70s the parties shifted in ideology, the Dem platform moved toward civil rights, causing conservatives to leave the party, and turning the Dems more liberal. Capstoned by the Civil Rights Act being signed in to law by LBJ, a dem.
                      This is bullshit. The reality is that the entire make up of the political spectrum has changed over time. So while conservatives at the time may have wanted to keep slavery, they also favored bigger government and other things that are considered very progressive today. People try to apply the modern dividing lines of the two parties to the past and it is just nonsense.
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                        This is bullshit. The reality is that the entire make up of the political spectrum has changed over time. So while conservatives at the time may have wanted to keep slavery, they also favored bigger government and other things that are considered very progressive today. People try to apply the modern dividing lines of the two parties to the past and it is just nonsense.
                        You must be forgetting the great paper rock scissor wars in the 60's - 70's.

The republicans lost and were made to take every negative political view point.

Being the victors, the democrats have never done any wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                          You must be forgetting the great paper rock scissor wars in the 60's - 70's.

The republicans lost and were made to take every negative political view point.

Being the victors, the democrats have never done any wrong.
                          Well your last sentence hints at the reason why people go around saying this, the Democrats have to act like they had nothing to do with slavery and try to revise history to make it fit their narrative. Like that whole thing about the confederate flag a while back.
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                            Your time lines are blended. Slavery wasn't the issue, equal rights and integration were. The Southern Democrats (conservatives) viewed it as a state issue (i.e. were not in favor of big government as you say), wanting to keep the Jim Crow laws. While union democrats wanted bigger government. The Southern Democrats were the ones who left for the Republican party (e.g. Thurmond and Goldwater) and campaigned/won on segregative platforms.

It ends up being more accurate to view the whole issue as conservative/ liberal instead of dem/rep as there was considerable spectrum of stance in each party. The most accurate label is perhaps former union vs confederacy.

I agree the political spectrum had changed entirely which moves the conservative/ liberal divide, but youre acting as if I'm trying to apply it to the present instead of describing how it happened and how misguided Anthony's statement was.

Comment

In the 60s dems changed? Robert Byrd and George C Wallace weren't racist klansmen? That's some fucked up revisionist history bullshit there Ex. The man enforcing the civil rights act was Ike, a Republican. The author of the civil rights act passed when LBJ was pres, a repub senator. Guess who voted that in 80% of Repubs and 60% of crats.

Comment

In the 60s dems changed? Robert Byrd and George C Wallace weren't racist klansmen? That's some fucked up revisionist history bullshit there Ex. The man enforcing the civil rights act was Ike, a Republican. The author of the civil rights act passed when LBJ was pres, a repub senator. Guess who voted that in 80% of Repubs and 60% of crats.

It's almost like you didn't read a thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X