Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll ask... Why are all of these middle eastern countries going nuts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll ask... Why are all of these middle eastern countries going nuts?

What the hell has happened where they all the sudden decided that their rulers are corrupt and need to just "step down and give up power"? One after another. I understand that there's a lot of oppression over there, but what the fuck happened to make them all do it one country after another? What is the real goal? Who do these people want power turned over to?

Someone with more insight into what these morons are really trying to accomplish in what appears to be damn near the entire middle east?
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Facebook happened. best believe that.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
      What the hell has happened where they all the sudden decided that their rulers are corrupt and need to just "step down and give up power"? One after another. I understand that there's a lot of oppression over there, but what the fuck happened to make them all do it one country after another? What is the real goal? Who do these people want power turned over to?

Someone with more insight into what these morons are really trying to accomplish in what appears to be damn near the entire middle east?
      Black, muslim POTUS. Expect Hell to freeze over next week.

Comment

Shit like this happens every time a Dem is in office. Their foreign policy sucks, becasue they concentrate on things like sticking health-care up our asses here at home. Consequently, events abroad just go to shit. The last time Ghaddafi farted, Ronnie sent two F-111's over the royal palace. That was 25 years ago. Barry is doing nothing, which means the UN will do nothing, since they follow the POTUS lead on these issues.

Comment

Don, this shit's been going on for a long time. A lot of our current problems really stem all the way back to British involvement during their empirical era where they subjugated middle eastern and African countries. My opinion is that US involvement in subsidizing and propping up many authoritarian governments amenable to our foreign policies over the last 60+ years has held the region together up until recently.

What's changed? Really, it could be social networking tools - facebook. The people can organize their protests better - whereas they weren't able to do that in the past. It's harder for the government to spread misinformation and deceit to control the population now. That's why Egypt shut down the internet.

These protests are nothing new, but since Tunisia succeeded, and through the interwebs, other countries are now challenging their governments - again, in mass, and with greater effect. Look at how long most of these guys have been in power, and then look at the history of how they got there, and what they've done to retain the power. It's usually the same story over and over. Most have had to put down at least one rebellion in the past.
          Men have become the tools of their tools.
          -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Facebook did it.
            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
              Facebook did it.
              All Mubarrak needed was Websense and he'd still have a job.

Comment

These people need dictators to keep their asses in line. Once the dictators are gone, they will elect or force radical muslim theocracies just like Iran. The idiots in power will then attack Israel and their countries will become Havens for terrorists. Mark my words, we'll be invading some of these places in the future and cleaning up the mess left by Hussein Obama.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

This region of the world is still ran by dictatorships (even the ones that claim democracy). The money these countries take in (most cases a lot of money) is mismanaged, laundered, hoarded, etc. The people are severely neglected and left to fend for themselves. The level of poverty is unreal. Most of these families' incomes are so low, even for their cost of living, that 50-60% of their income goes to food. Now take our global markets and the commodity rise as of late. any increase in obtaining that food for their family will greatly impact their pocket book. They're finally directing their anger to the proper locations.

I'd rather fight an angrier man, a stronger man, a smarter man... than fight a hungry man.

Comment

IMO if we go poking around picking sides right now we're liable to back a losing horse. And besides, that's the last thing we need right now. Let them shed their own blood and maybe, just maybe, they'll come out with something better than who they have right now telling them what to think/wear/eat/do/ect. After the dust settles we'll decide if it's cheaper to pay them or break a stick off in their ass. So far it's all small potatoes, but if Saudi Arabia even smells like trouble is brewing the shit will have hit the fan. Fuel prices will go through the roof and then the US would just about have to do something. Too much money spent on that place to sit and watch it go up in flames so to speak.
                    Last edited by jw33; 02-24-2011, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Iraq is supposed to do theirs today (Friday here)... oh joy.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                        Iraq is supposed to do theirs today (Friday here)... oh joy.
                        Fuck
                        Originally posted by davbrucas
                        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                          What is the real goal? Who do these people want power turned over to?

...what these morons are really trying to accomplish...
                          That's the big question. They say they want freedom, democracy, etc. But I'd agree with Broncojohnny that what they really want is a muslim-flavored theocracy.

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
                            That's the big question. They say they want freedom, democracy, etc. But I'd agree with Broncojohnny that what they really want is a muslim-flavored theocracy.
                            I don't think that's what most of them want... but that's what they'll get
                            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
                              The driving force that is instigating it might want this, but the people as a whole couldn't care less. They're tired of being abused and neglected at the hands of these dictators.

Comment

Working...
                              X