Honest question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
    my pop always said " aint no atheist in foxholes " . at times faith is all that keeps you fighting on instead of just giving up .
    i can remember my grandad talking with one of his good friends that wasn't a believer. he would tell him " i can spend my life believing and if i'm wrong i'll never know but if i'm right you just might have a problem " . faith is free but has a pretty good return .
    Does it still work if you don't actually believe but go through the motions?

Faith isn't free. It requires a lot of time and tithes depending on who you get your information from.

Comment

doesn't work that way .

Comment

doesn't work that way .
        My pop always told me " Sometimes you gotta roll the dice ".

I'm gonna let em fly.

Comment

dave , are the kids not playing ?

Comment

dave , are the kids not playing ?
            Colleges are playing. Colby is just a true freshman. Due to COVID, they gave guys an extra year of eligibility, so rosters are crowded. Freshmen suffer. Colby will get his chance. That young man can deal. His 3 year clock is ticking until he is draft eligible.

Comment

" i can spend my life believing and if i'm wrong i'll never know but if i'm right you just might have a problem "

Pascal’s Wager...that BS has been around for centuries.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                Colleges are playing. Colby is just a true freshman. Due to COVID, they gave guys an extra year of eligibility, so rosters are crowded. Freshmen suffer. Colby will get his chance. That young man can deal. His 3 year clock is ticking until he is draft eligible.

Yep. They have several 5th year seniors who are playing. I’m sure he will end up the Friday pitcher in the next couple years. It’s just frustrating for him to not even make the roster for several of the games when he’s one of the better pitchers on the team. But, the no roster limit has several players doing the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                  My pop always told me " Sometimes you gotta roll the dice ".

I'm gonna let em fly.
                  Oddly enough that's what 99% of religious people are doing too. They're all just hedging their bets, for the most part. I've met very few christians that actually follow the religion. Cause doing that would be a pretty rough way to live.

A perfect example of this is the rise of the "cowboy churches". They're hilarious! It's just a bunch of middle aged people who can't actually measure up to the real standards of the religion, but they want to pretend like they follow some semblance of a religious lifestyle. Just listen to em talk for 1 whole minute. They don't.

Which naturally begs the question: Why fucking bother? Cause they're hedging, it's all about the feeels maaaan. Exactly like any hippie.

I guess that's most religious people, but that new flavor of the week variant is a great example. Granted I make no claims of knowing all the secrets of the universe and beyond. It's just the people and their habits that are pretty laughable.
                  WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                    Oddly enough that's what 99% of religious people are doing too. They're all just hedging their bets, for the most part. I've met very few christians that actually follow the religion. Cause doing that would be a pretty rough way to live.

A perfect example of this is the rise of the "cowboy churches". They're hilarious! It's just a bunch of middle aged people who can't actually measure up to the real standards of the religion, but they want to pretend like they follow some semblance of a religious lifestyle. Just listen to em talk for 1 whole minute. They don't.

Which naturally begs the question: Why fucking bother? Cause they're hedging, it's all about the feeels maaaan. Exactly like any hippie.

I guess that's most religious people, but that new flavor of the week variant is a great example. Granted I make no claims of knowing all the secrets of the universe and beyond. It's just the people and their habits that are pretty laughable.
                    That's not how salvation works...

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                      That's not how salvation works...

Maybe not, but that’s how man works.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                        Maybe not, but that’s how man works.
                        touche'

Comment

Jesus was not a Christian, never partook in the sacrament, was not saved, and that I can find any evidence of never went to church. In my opinion he would probably be pretty disgusted with the values attributed him by the religion that worship him.
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                            Jesus was not a Christian, never partook in the sacrament, was not saved, and that I can find any evidence of never went to church. In my opinion he would probably be pretty disgusted with the values attributed him by the religion that worship him.
                            I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                              I can't tell if you're being serious or not.
                              I'm being very serious. The first part of my statement is an indisputable fact if we are to believe the Bible. The second part and last statement is my opinion. Jesus was a Jew, not a Christian. This is an indisputable fact if we are to believe what is written in the Bible about him. To the best of my knowledge he never wanted anyone to worship him and would probably be pretty disgusted with the entire ordeal.
                              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                                I'm being very serious. The first part of my statement is an indisputable fact if we are to believe the Bible. The second part and last statement is my opinion. Jesus was a Jew, not a Christian. This is an indisputable fact if we are to believe what is written in the Bible about him. To the best of my knowledge he never wanted anyone to worship him and would probably be pretty disgusted with the entire ordeal.
                                Dude, we know Jesus would not have been a Christian given that the religion started following his death.

Comment

Working...
                                X