Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any one use one of these patio stone casts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

those are rubber stamps that are used to give it the texture... not from home depot (although u may be able to rent them now... ) the concrete is a colored mix, then they throw a color (usually darker) on top of it while the concrete is still "green" . then u wash it and apply the sealer
    first class white trash

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
      So those pics above are of "new concrete" that is stamped and tinted? Or a new concrete with the stone pattern molds from home depot over the concrete?

It looks great, I am just confused what method was used? That is the look I want, only darker.
      New concrete that was stamped and tinted, sorry about the confusion.

Originally posted by forbes View Post
      those are rubber stamps that are used to give it the texture... not from home depot (although u may be able to rent them now... ) the concrete is a colored mix, then they throw a color (usually darker) on top of it while the concrete is still "green" . then u wash it and apply the sealer
      This is the method used in the pictures above.

Comment

Gotcha!

My patio is new(new house) and is 15x15, too big and expensive to bust up and re-pour. I need something that will go "over" the existing concrete.

Comment

Natural stone is cheaper than you think- they both are going to require a lot of prep work but I would think in the long run stone would come out looking better.

some options

Comment

If going with Natural stone check out the Polymeric Stone dust to put in the joints in between- beats the chit out of fine sand that you have to keep reapplying to fill the gaps.

Comment

for natural stone.. get it from classic rock in rockwall... u cannot beat the prices
              first class white trash

Comment

I want stone. I think it makes the best looking patios.

It has to be flat and uniform in order to go on top of an existing concrete patio. That excludes most flagstone. It brings pavers as the best way to cover concrete.
                I just don't want to settle for pavers. They are ok but, just not the look I want.

That is unless anyone knows of a better way?

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                  I want stone. I think it makes the best looking patios.

It has to be flat and uniform in order to go on top of an existing concrete patio. That excludes most flagstone. It brings pavers as the best way to cover concrete.
                  I just don't want to settle for pavers. They are ok but, just not the look I want.

That is unless anyone knows of a better way?
                  You can use paver base (crushed limestone) and use that to level the flagstone- you'll just have to have some type of edging to keep everything from shifting

Comment

Originally posted by 2K2 LS1 View Post
                    What lake is that SEB?
                    Lake Ray Hubbard! My buddy lives right on the lake. He is about to put in a dock which will make for some good times this summer.
                    GOD BLESS TEXAS
                    August Landscaping
                    214-779-7278
                    Seb's high class.
                    He'll mow your grass.
                    He'll kick your ass.
                    And while his kidney stones pass,
                    He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Working...
                    X