Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Screens

yes another one of these threads...

What company did you go through and how much?

I honestly just wanna get them on a few windows in my backyard.

The Sun just kills me when its blasting though my living room, where i spend most of my time. Or would it be more efficient to get it though out the house.

(Our house faces East and i work at 6:30am and usually home around 4 pm)
    Originally posted by 03trubluGT
    Your opinion is what sucks.
    You are too stupied and arrogant

I get flyers on my door every so often for 35% off. I have 3 2.5x5ft windows in my room and I think they quoted me $160 before the 35% off.
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

On the other board, I think it was Lone Star Solar Screens or something...

..anyway, I went with that company. Their prices were very competitive and everything was delivered as described. They do help quite a bit.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

The #1 Solar Screen Retailer in the USA. Lone Star Solar Screens™ has been serving the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex since 1991. We expanded into the Houston area in March 1997

Comment

I recently used Lone Star. It was $300 for seven full size and two half size windows. They came out and measured one day and installed them the next day. Priced well and quick turn around. I should have done it years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
            Definitely recommend them, they were alot cheaper than I expected as well

Comment

Solar Screens

Originally posted by unkoricky View Post
              yes another one of these threads...

What company did you go through and how much?

I honestly just wanna get them on a few windows in my backyard.

The Sun just kills me when its blasting though my living room, where i spend most of my time. Or would it be more efficient to get it though out the house.

(Our house faces East and i work at 6:30am and usually home around 4 pm)
              I have a buddy I met at work over a decade ago who has been in the solar screen business for more than a decade. He has his own family owned business based out of Euless called Eagle Solar Screens. He'll come out and give you an estimate based on your needs and situation. Different shade patterns, how the sun hits your windows during different times of the day and things like that can effect how efficient they will be for you. Give him a call!

Eagle Solar Screens

(817) 399-0615 or
              Toll Free 1-(866) 260-5152

Comment

I used lone star solar screens, top notch service and life time warranty against any damage.

Comment

I went to Lowe's and purchased the window screen kit and a roll of the Solar screen Material 42''x 25' so I had enough to do 4 large windows...all for about $100
                  Originally posted by Sean88gt
                  You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                  Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                  You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                    I used lone star solar screens, top notch service and life time warranty against any damage.
                    I called Lone Star and they were supposed to come measure my windows but never heard from him again.

maybe next year.
                    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

what kind of reduction in electric cost have people seen with these solar screens.

I am looking to do something before summer again. the front of the house faces west so the afternoon sun has direct path into the house. the a/c will run constant from about 1pm to 9pm even if I leave it on 90deg. with these vaulted ceilings, probably 11ft high, the a/c unit can not keep up and it is like opening an oven in the afternoons from june to august at least.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jefehbk View Post
                        what kind of reduction in electric cost have people seen with these solar screens.
                        In my situation it was too hard to be sure....

1. It was awhile ago and I can't remember
                        2. We were doing some other changes in that general period that could have helped.

If you look up some of the old threads, maybe from the other site - I have fresh in my mind reports. I don't even live in that house anymore.

I will say at a minimum it was a lot more comfortable. I also know for sure it reduced heat radiating in through the windows.

We went this route knowing we were going to move sooner or later. If you plan to be there 10+ years, there is no substitute for good windows.

Edit: In your situation based off you description, you maybe like me and have 4-5 different problems leading into that situation. We redid insulation, added insulation, I put on like 5 tubes of caulk around the exterior, redid seals, insulated garage door, added ventilation...etc...etc.

Comment

Used Lone Star 2 or 3 years ago, great company, great product and you only pay after they finish and your happy.
                          2012 SRT8 Challenger 392 Hemi-6 speed
                          Bright Silver Metallic w/ Black Stripes
                          Leg Maker Inc. 4"Carbon Fiber CAI
                          Speedlogix Catch Can
                          Resonator Delete

Comment

Used Lonestar screens. Framed with like 14 windows, 2 archs came around 475~

Elec bill went down 35$ and took alot less time to cool down the house. There are no trees in my hood (new development).
                            2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

2011 GMC Terrain SLT2

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

Comment

Originally posted by jefehbk View Post

I am looking to do something before summer again. the front of the house faces west so the afternoon sun has direct path into the house. the a/c will run constant from about 1pm to 9pm even if I leave it on 90deg. with these vaulted ceilings, probably 11ft high, the a/c unit can not keep up and it is like opening an oven in the afternoons from june to august at least.
                              Reminds me of my old 2 story house...it was like hell in there and cost a fortune to try and keep cool. Of course part of the problem was a single old-ass unit trying to cool the whole house. Solar screens definitely helps but the main issue could be with your AC system.

I don't recall what the savings were on my bill but as far as how it felt inside, it was a huge difference. I did them myself so it was definitely worth it.

Comment

Working...
                              X