Roof Vents/Whirlybirds...??'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof Vents/Whirlybirds...??'s

So this house I bought has had a new roof in the last two months and the installers did not replace the Whirly birds on top it just has Soffit Vents. I want to install some positive airflow as soon as I can so my attic does have to much moisture (lesson learned here) and let the wind do some work.

A friend of mine told me take a jigsaw cut a hole the size needed then lay it sideways and cut the next row of nails. Peel back those shingles, insert the vent and lay the shingles back over the top half and caulk the shit out of the rest. Sounds right cept I am at loath to mess with a new roof.

Next part is if that can be done is with me buying the part how much would it cost me to pay someone to do it and do it right? Does not sound like a long job but when messing with a roof an importent one. I would be putting in two as far up and apart as I could so that there would be better flow to each side and less run off. Anyone had this done?

Thanks for reading the long babble. I am finding the joys of buying a house involve a positive flow of my money into this place but I want things done right when I do them...

Thanks!!

If you have no way to vent the attic it has to be killing your efficiency. Call Randy Byrd 214-348-2579, he's been roofing since the early 70's and he is a car guy to boot.

Comment

i can put in electric attic fans lmk and i can give you a quote....
      81 LX
      82 GT

Comment

I was wanting to get a couple solar attic fans and was curious as well who could install them for me

Comment

Working...
        X